Votes: 15 53.6%
  • no

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

bigstu

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
what are every bodies thoughts on wayne scurrah should he have been the one to be on the chopping block after this season. the way i see it bluey had to go not because of his performance but because the faithful had lost faith and if he kept his job the club would of lost atleast 30% of there season ticket holders. but on the flip side could another coach done any better with this side it was managements idea to cut the size of the squad down, and it was there choice to only bring in one nrl player for the 12 they let go and lastly it was managements call to promote the nyc players. sure bluey made some odd choices in selection but did he have that many other options?

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
If he delivers bellamy than he has redeemed himself. IF he gets another "super" coach id let him stay. If not he should probably fall on his sword.

The Bluey/Cleary saga of coaching is on him, bloke deserves a chance at redemption

Reactions: Fazz

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
I have never had much of a view of Scurrah. I dislike his ways. He comes across as a little arrogant and uncompromising. He has been caught out on several lies, including Cleary's release, Inu's relase and Bluey's firing.

If we get Bellamy, it will be thanks to Watson and Glenn, not Scurrah. He is a mouthpiece, but not a good one.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I think he should go. He fucked this year up completely. There have been a few reasons mentioned for why this season has gone so wrong, especially around recruitment and coaching, and he is responsible for overseeing all of them. Hes tried fixing these problems at the last minute and he had left it too late so he cut McClennan to save his own ass, thats how I see it.

Buck777

2 weeks ago I thought he should walk. But after a certain radio interview where it became apparent that he realised he'd made a giant mistake in hiring Bluey and has since acted to rectify his mistake- get a certain coach on board then he should stay

PolarBob

Apr 8, 2012
Yeah. If we're buying into the club vision I think we need a CEO capable of pulling it off as much as we need a coach who can.

If I was a betting man I'd say Doyle is on his way and Scurrah will sign-off after the coach is announced to allow the possibility of leaving on a positive note.

Xt1ncT

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 29, 2012
North Shore
I like Scurrah - unlike Nig I don't think he's lied to us.

He's been a very good administrator for us, taken the club from the mess that it was under Mick Watson to where it is now with a strong membership, a strong youth policy with the long term health of the club looking very good.

The mistakes he's made have mainly been Bluey and perhaps the handling of Inu.

On the subject of Inu I don't particularly care that he's gone. He never seemed to want to be here, he certainly never played for us how he's playing for the Dogs. Some will point to coaching etc but someone on a reported $300k a year shouldn't need motivating - playing league for us was his job and he should have been man enough to give us his best every single week, not some of the dross he served up.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
And we replace him with?

Steve "Got no CEO experience, no management experience" Price? Excuse me while I fall off my chair laughing.

Mana/respect/call it whatcha like doesn't make a good CEO. Pricey's a great bloke, wonderful asset to the Warriors and I'm sure he'll make a good CEO of a club one day. But that day won't happen for another two-three years at least. Or shouldn't. Apart from the fact that he doesn't have the experience required to be the Warriors CEO, lumping him with the position would make most people think "Warriors legend as a player, he'll kick ass as CEO!" and he'll be crucifed for anything less than a steller performance which would be absolutely unfair.

No way in hell would I be keen with Price as CEO. Not until he's served his apprentice in some management capicity.

I'm happy to see any alternatives offered, but for the love of Mike, not Steve Price....

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
And we replace him with?

Steve "Got no CEO experience, no management experience" Price? Excuse me while I fall off my chair laughing.

Mana/respect/call it whatcha like doesn't make a good CEO. Pricey's a great bloke, wonderful asset to the Warriors and I'm sure he'll make a good CEO of a club one day. But that day won't happen for another two-three years at least. Or shouldn't. Apart from the fact that he doesn't have the experience required to be the Warriors CEO, lumping him with the position would make most people think "Warriors legend as a player, he'll kick ass as CEO!" and he'll be crucifed for anything less than a steller performance which would be absolutely unfair.

No way in hell would I be keen with Price as CEO. Not until he's served his apprentice in some management capicity.

I'm happy to see any alternatives offered, but for the love of Mike, not Steve Price....
I think 2 business degrees (I'm sure I read he has 2) is a pretty good base to begin his career in business. The combination of his league experience and his education in business would make him a potentially good leader at the business end of the club. Wayne Scurrah took a role in selection/recruitment with no prior experience in league (I'm assuming. Someone correct me if I'm wrong), so why would it be any worse if Price did this with only league experience and a business education?

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Scurrah Didn't lie to us.....he just repeatedly has said one thing and then within a few weeks does another.

He's not a Liar, if you block out what the prick has to say and follow his actions he's a chaste man

Xt1ncT

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 29, 2012
North Shore
Scurrah Didn't lie to us.....he just repeatedly has said one thing and then within a few weeks does another.

He's not a Liar, if you block out what the prick has to say and follow his actions he's a chaste man
what did he lie about?

Cleary?

He didn't lit - when the Panthers approached him he clearly stated Ivan was contracted for another year. When they came back in and started being serious he stated the same.

That Ivan eventually agreed a release with the club in no way means we were lied to. It means hat the Warriors felt they were getting the better of the deal by releasing him early given they didn't want to extend his contract.

I have no issue with his handling of the Ivan thing, nor the Inu thing (the Inu thing has been done to death so not going to rehash that).

Has Wayne made some mistakes? Yes, one of them being Bluey - but considering the majority of us (me included) were happy with that appointment I don't think that should mean he has to go.

Overall his performance as the clubs CEO easily gets a pass mark - look at how low we were with Mick Watson and where we are now. The club is massively different and that can be attributed to Wayne's running of the club.

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
If he delivers bellamy than he has redeemed himself. IF he gets another "super" coach id let him stay. If not he should probably fall on his sword.

The Bluey/Cleary saga of coaching is on him, bloke deserves a chance at redemption
I agree with you , but with the new "super coach" he is going to need some decent signings with game experience for 2013, to replace the experience we have lost . Down sizing the squad has hurt us this year in my opinion - The defence coach was useless , and the only reason you need is the results/stats.

At the moment, the pressure is on to deliver Bellamy to Mt Smart, let's see how he handles this one. Got to give him points for fronting up on talk back radio to answer questions.

Wayne can rub people up the wrong way and he's done it in the local scene at conference of the clubs meetings he attended. When he does need something he fronts up well lol. Just speculating but isn't he a Mt Albert lions man? same era as bluey and others in warriors management.....

He has done alright in the past except for the last 2 years as everyone has mentioned (Mick Watson made some terrible decisions), the year end performance review is going to be interesting, as we all have seen , the owners aren't mucking around...Warriors all day.....

Buck777

I think 2 business degrees (I'm sure I read he has 2) is a pretty good base to begin his career in business. The combination of his league experience and his education in business would make him a potentially good leader at the business end of the club. Wayne Scurrah took a role in selection/recruitment with no prior experience in league (I'm assuming. Someone correct me if I'm wrong), so why would it be any worse if Price did this with only league experience and a business education?
price would be good in my book, not so much that he has a masters that proves the top two inches are alive and well, but it always struck me in his book how when he arrived at the Warriors, he changed what he described as a climate of fear to open communication between management and players. That's a leader to me.

Sir Bluey

Warriors Bench Player
May 18, 2012
Huntly
2 weeks ago I thought he should walk. But after a certain radio interview where it became apparent that he realised he'd made a giant mistake in hiring Bluey and has since acted to rectify his mistake- get a certain coach on board then he should stay
Owen will show Scurrah the red card!..$1million down the toilet

bigstu

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
what makes scurrah qualified to be ceo here his last job before going to the warriors was running north harbour stadium i know because i worked there at the time and he is dodgy.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Wayne Scurrah took a role in selection/recruitment with no prior experience in league (I'm assuming. Someone correct me if I'm wrong), so why would it be any worse if Price did this with only league experience and a business education?
You're right in that he'd had no experience in league but he'd been general manager at North Harbour Stadium before joining the Warriors and done other managerial type stuff before then.

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
You're right in that he'd had no experience in league but he'd been general manager at North Harbour Stadium before joining the Warriors and done other managerial type stuff before then.
OK, but my point was that he had no real league experience prior to his appointment, only business experience, just as Steve Price has no business experience but plenty of league knowledge, but some of us feel he would make a good CEO anyway.

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 22, 2012
The edge of insanity
Not taken in by Wayne Scurrah at all. He did have the business experience apparently but not for an NRL franchaise. He is good at covering his backside, deflecting blame, only accepting the merest ownership of any club problem & has so far gotten away with it.
The impression I have of the man is that he has no great love or understanding of the league game, ( granted, thats not essential to run the business but it may have helped when the shit hit the fan) and no respect for his staff or the paying public.
I'm not privy to what actually went on between McClennan & Scurrah but the last two weeks have only strengthened my distrust of Scurrah. Bring in a new CEO & start afresh.
If Steve Price has the motivation & business credentials, there's no obvious reason why he wouldn't succeed in the role.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings