Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I remember watching a game from a few years back during the origin period where Luai demolished us without Cleary. Dude is no Cleary but he is a winner. Paying overs but that's what you have to do as back to back spooners like the tigers. When I look at the Tigers and the dogs I get a bit confused why we are constrained in cap. We have SJ at basically half price, CNK, nobodies at 6 and a probably cheap Egan at 9. AFB and I guess Tohu are our only marquee costs. It just feels like we should have one more star and no RTS at centre is not that. One more star puts us as contenders.

Tigers are paying Nathan Cleary money for his assistant, who got shown up by clogger in the GF.
I get it though, they are a bottom team who have to pay overs and also lost their big money half this year. If your going to pay overs for a player it might as well be a half, he’s not a managing half though, will be interesting…….
To be fair Luai wasn't 100% in the GF with his shoulder injury, probably shouldn't have even been playing but agree seems like a Luke Brooks 2.0 situation.

Can understand how Chanel could lose perspective growing up in a pro sport-focused bubble from a young age, and start questioning why he was bashing his body and pushing himself to extremes every day without the context of experiencing life outside the bubble.

A year watching it from the outside to gain that personal insight could be invaluable for the kid, looking forward to watching him in '24 and hopefully see him reach the new levels of mental resilience Webby is after, kia kaha leshgo lil bro.

Last edited:
I think it is a better watch than Super rugby
Think he’s being pedantic that it’s called NPC again rather than ITM cup.
We’d be silly not took look at NPC players particularly those that don’t seem to be on the radar, Union development systems are much closer to what league has in Aus vs what league players get in nz

We can win it this year. There is enough quality, leadership, fitness, grit and determination in this group to go all the way.

It really is exciting. I love what we are building here. It’s got Crusaders vibes.
I feel like the Warriors have strengthen their squads, while the Panthers and Broncos have lost quality players, the Broncos more so. The Panthers are still a step above every other team. Souths and Roosters will be close after a really poor 2023 and can’t be discounted. But fuck it, 2024 is our year

Dragons expect AFB’s decision on $4.5m deal before Christmas

St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan has revealed when he expects Addin Fonua-Blake to make a call on his future, with the potential signing set to impact Ben Hunt’s Dragons career. SUBSCRIBE for NRL market watch
Haha old Shane-o talking like all AFB has to do is say yes and it’s a done deal. AFB saying yes is just the start of the dealing mate!!