NRL NRL Draw 2024

I'm super pissed. Always go to the Raiders game and this year it's smack bang in the middle of winter at 8pm local time.
If anyone has ever been to Canberra in winter would know as soon as the sun goes down its freezing cold.
Sat or Sun Arvo game would of been much smarter.
Guess I'm heading down the road to Sydney for a game, I aint freezing my ass off.

NRL draw: Revealing the two big wins for the Warriors from their 2024 schedule​

When the NRL draw comes out every November, there are a couple of things that coaches look for immediately.

One aspect is the teams that they will face twice in the season and another is the turnaround time – or days between games - across the arduous competition.

On both counts the Warriors will be satisfied with their 2024 schedule, which was released on Monday.

The confirmation of a home Anzac Day clash against Gold Coast Titans – putting an end to those late night games in Melbourne – will capture the headlines, along with the chance to start their year at Mt Smart, against the Sharks on March 8. They are both positive outcomes but Andrew Webster and his staff will be drilling into the detail as they plan their campaign and seeing opportunities.

The first is clear. Like last year, they will only face the Penrith machine once in the regular season, with another Magic round clash. They have also avoided a double against the Broncos – clearly the next best team – with their solitary clash at Mt Smart in round 17. And they won’t be unhappy about seeing Souths just once, given the Rabbitohs have won 15 of the previous 16 clashes, including the last eight in succession. The same applies to the Roosters, who did the double over the Warriors last year and are unbeaten against the Auckland team since May 2018.

The above is all a welcome bonus, given the fine margins of the NRL, while they also face the Dragons, Tigers, Eels and Cowboys once.

Conversely, they have home and away games with Melbourne, Canberra, Newcastle and Cronulla – which will be tough – along with the Sea Eagles, Dolphins and Bulldogs.

Given they travel more than any other club, the periods between matches are also vital.

The Warriors have only one five-day turnaround (they had two in 2023) and four six-day gaps (five last year). For the other 18 games they have seven or more days to prepare, with only Souths having more extended turnarounds across the NRL next season.

The situation is helped by the long awaited Anzac Day switch. While the games against the Storm were great occasions, the toll of those matches can’t be underestimated. The late kickoff (after 10pm NZT) never really suited the team, while also comprising the next day’s recovery, before they had to prepare for a game the following weekend.

Now they have a unique spectacle of a 2pm game in Auckland on April 25, before a decent break (10 days) to their next match.

Overall the draw probably isn’t as helpful as last season, when they avoided most of the big guns across the last two months and had long stretches in Auckland.

It’s an intimidating start, with the Sharks (home), Melbourne (away), Canberra (home), Knights (home) and Rabbitohs (away) in the first five rounds.

But things are spread more evenly from there and they’ll have the bonus of facing the Cowboys and Titans during the State of Origin period, when those Queensland clubs will be affected by the interstate series.

However, on paper they will have a tougher run in the final month. It starts at Suncorp Stadium where they face the Dolphins, before a trip to Manly, where they have only won once since 2009. After they host the Bulldogs, the Warriors will return to Australia to face the Sharks in round 26.

They also have a round 27 bye, which is a double-edged sword. It might be handy before the finals but the coaching staff would prefer the benefits of an additional week off during the season.

1699895813372.jpeg

The other byes are typically scheduled around the Origin period. So having the bye in the last round means there will be a long stack of games elsewhere in the draw. The first 12 rounds will be a tough run before a well deserved break.

It is funny talking about byes and where they fall and the impact when it used to be a straight 26 rounds minus some condensed rounds for the Origin period. The team that travels the most ends up with what I assume is the longest or one of the longest run of games without a bye.

The other thing that stands out is the tough start. The first 5 rounds will be a good test. If we come out on the positive of that we can be confident for the rest of the year.

The form at the start of the year can be all over the place. The 3 home games in that run are teams we have beaten. The Storm and Rabbitohs early in the year could be a good chance to get a win over sides we have struggled against.

Playing the Panthers and Broncos once can be seen as a positive but also means it's only one chance to see how we are tracking against them.

12345678910🧙‍♂️12131415161718192021222324252627
BRONCOSSYDSOUPENNQLMELREDCANWSTSYDPARMANGCT-CROSOU-NZLPENSGINEWCBYGCTNQL-PARREDMEL
BULLDOGSPARCROGCTSOUSYDMELNEW-WSTPENCANSGINEWPAR-SYDCRONZL-NQLBRICANSGIREDNZLMANNQL
COWBOYSREDNEWSGIBRIGCTPARCROPENREDGCTSOUWSTSYDNZLCAN-PENMAN-CBYCROWSTBRICAN-MELCBY
DOLPHINSNQLSGI-GCTWSTBRIPARNEWNQLMANWSTNZLCAN-CROMELSGI-SOUPENGCTSYDNZLCBYMELBRINEW
DRAGONSGCTREDNQLMANNEWWSTNZLSYDCROSOU-CBYPENWSTMAN-REDSYDBRI-PENMELCBYGCTCROPARCAN
EELSCBYPENMANWSTCANNQLREDMAN-BRIMELSOUCROPARSYD-NEWSOUGCT-MELNZLPENSYDBRISGIWST
KNIGHTSCANNQLMELNZLSGISYDCBYREDNZLWSTGCT-CBYMELPEN-PARCANMANBRI-PENWSTCROSOUGCTRED
PANTHERSMELPARBRISYDMAN-WSTNQLSOUCBYNZLCROSGIMANNEW-NQLBRI-REDSGINEWPARMELCANSOUGCT
RABBITOHSMANBRISYDCBYNZLCRO-MELPENSGINQLPAR-GCTBRIMAN-PARREDWSTCANCROMELWSTNEWPENSYD
RAIDERSNEWWSTNZLCROPARGCTBRICROMAN-CBYSYDRED-NQLWSTMELNEW-NZLSOUCBYMANNQLPENSYDSGI
ROOSTERSBRIMANSOUPENCBYNEWMELSGIBRINZLCROCANNQL-PARCBYWSTSGI-MELMANRED-PARGCTCANSOU
SEA EAGLESSOUSYDPARREDPENNZLGCTPARCANREDBRIMEL-PENSGISOU-NQLNEWGCTSYD-CANNZLWSTCBYCRO
SHARKSNZLCBYWSTCAN-SOUNQLCANSGIMELSYDPENPARBRIRED-CBYGCTWST-NQLSOUGCTCROSGINZLMAN
STORMPENNZLNEW-BRICBYSYDSOUGCTCROPARMAN-NEWNZLREDCANWST-SYDPARSGISOUPENREDNQLBRI
TIGERS-CANCROPARREDSGIPENBRICBYNEWREDNQL-SGIGCTCANSYDMELCROSOUNZLNQLNEWSOUMAN-PAR
TITANSSGI-CBYREDNQLCANMANNZLMELNQLNEWBRI-SOUWSTNZL-CROPARMANREDBRICROSGISYDNEWPEN
WARRIORSCROMELCANNEWSOUMANSGISYDNEWSYDPENRED-NQLMELGCTBRICBY-CANWSTPARREDMANCBYCRO-

Last edited:
I know things will change and fluctuate as no 2 years are the same, but having a quick glance I would have us down as winning 13-16 games currently.

The usual struggles against the Roosters, Manly and Souths to continue despite us playing better than them this year imo

I'm super pissed. Always go to the Raiders game and this year it's smack bang in the middle of winter at 8pm local time.
If anyone has ever been to Canberra in winter would know as soon as the sun goes down its freezing cold.
Guess I'm heading down the road to Sydney for a game, I aint freezing my ass off.
Oh mate I got told we were in a box so just wore a shirt- turns out its outdoors in a little sectioned off area with a chilli bin haha- fark it was freezing- and im from chch!

We’ve actually only got one 10pm kick off all year…..that must be some kind of record? Looks like the nrl are trying to maximise tv hours for Nz. Could that be a sign they are taking Nz2 seriously? Awesome times - lots of Sunday afternoon footy ahead!! Thank you NRL and cheers for the Anzac Day game. It might be against the Titans, but hey let’s sell it out and play some 2up in the morning

That could be two things in regards to NRL fans in New Zealand:
More Warriors fans keen to watch the Warriors live because the Warriors might win.
More non-Warriors fans keen to watch the Warriors live because their team might lose.

IE They only watch their team and if their team is either a no-chance to win or a no-challange to win, they don't bother. A different group from those like me who watch every game regardless. All crappy, shitty 40 minutes of the second half of that 2022 ANZAC game I watched...Sucked in by the 10-16 HT Score...:rolleyes:

Boys trip booked for the Magic Weekend and also over to Sydney for the Rabbitohs game.

There are some good prices currently with Air NZ for the Magic weekend in Brisbane.

Looking at going to the Christchurch with the family but Air NZ current pricing is ridiculous $1,200 return for domestic travel for 4 of us.

Hopefully the prices drop, otherwise the family will only going to Mt Smart next year.

We’ve actually only got one 10pm kick off all year…..that must be some kind of record? Looks like the nrl are trying to maximise tv hours for Nz. Could that be a sign they are taking Nz2 seriously? Awesome times - lots of Sunday afternoon footy ahead!! Thank you NRL and cheers for the Anzac Day game. It might be against the Titans, but hey let’s sell it out and play some 2up in the morning
It's actually one of the "worst" years for late kick offs for us
2024 has 1x 10pm and 2x 9.30pm kick offs.
2022 and 2023 were both 1x 10pm and 1x 9.00pm
2021 latest kick off was 8.15pm (as ANZAC fell on a Sunday)

Damn, I have only been to Canberra in the warmer months but I’m moving there the week before the Canberra away game and planned on going.

What’s the usual support like for Warriors games at GIO? Is there a decent amount of Kiwis in Canberra?

What’s the usual support like for Warriors games at GIO? Is there a decent amount of Kiwis in Canberra?
No. Went there once for a Warriors game, was the only kiwi in a sea of green viking retards.

Seriously though they're a good crowd really, Raiders fans are some of the nicest you can meet around the nrl grounds. They treated me like a guest of honour in my Wahs jumper, even if they do clap like trained seals at a political rally.

Last edited:
No. Went there once for a Warriors game, was the only kiwi in a sea of green viking retards.

Seriously though they're a good crowd really, Raiders fans are some of the nicest you can meet around the nrl grounds. They treated me like a guest of honour in my Wahs jumper, even if they do clap like trained seals at a political rally.
Did you meet Ivar the boneless? Messed up that viking - reminds me of a few of the Raiders fans…

Back