Player Shaun Lane

Big upside here, Lane was touted as a future origin star when he burst onto the scene last year ... comments from the kennel suggest Des gave him a hard time an his attitude suffered accordingly. So there seems to be some kind of falling out between them. These comments are all hearsay of course, read into them what you will.

Jordan G

No idea if Lane will make an impact here, but I have no doubt that RFM won't. Maybe he'll get out of his comfort zone and take it to the next level, but for me RFM just has too many drops in his game and against the Broncos when Kodi Nikorima almost made a break because RFM was running with his back to the play I just about crossed his name off right there.

Lane may turn out to be a nothing buy, but it'll be a nothing buy with little risk that's worth exploring.

If we are going to lose a player mid season I'd much rather have someone coming in return.

RFM has been linked with the Bulldogs for about a year now. It will be interesting to see how he goes there; I'd guess he'd be a bit of a project for Hasler. Kind of like Brad Abbey.

At least with Doyle when something like this goes down it seems like we get an even deal or a player we want or need. Before it seemed like the other club would get who they want and we get who they are willing to give us.

Reactions: Otto Sump and Sup42
If we are going to lose a player mid season I'd much rather have someone coming in return.

RFM has been linked with the Bulldogs for about a year now. It will be interesting to see how he goes there; I'd guess he'd be a bit of a project for Hasler. Kind of like Brad Abbey.

At least with Doyle when something like this goes down it seems like we get an even deal or a player we want or need. Before it seemed like the other club would get who they want and we get who they are willing to give us.
Player swaps are rare for us. It's not like it is easy to convince an Aussie to up sticks for a lowish salary.
Doyles done amazing things with the Warriors.

Our preference was to get Perrett...so in that sense the Dogs got their way by getting their least wanted player (if rumors are true) off their books.

RLW Mole has known about this one for a week but has been keeping tight lipped ... apparently
Have to love how these guys speak in riddles so they are not wrong but could be right when asked about some rumours. Then one seems to move fast that from what I can tell hasn't been mentioned by the Mole or the Lurker and we get "yeah known about that one for a while".:rolleyes:

Have to love how these guys speak in riddles so they are not wrong but could be right when asked about some rumours. Then one seems to move fast that from what I can tell hasn't been mentioned by the Mole or the Lurker and we get "yeah known about that one for a while".:rolleyes:
well the lurker has gotten super desperate. saw the other day he was asking for people to send him rumours..... times are tough i guess

Not saying it about Lane but with stories coming out on players failing recreational drug tests in the off season, I wonder if some clubs are eager to move them along before they get hit with a massive ban if they believe the player will reoffend. Would Ice be a recreational drug for that would be a big red flag for any club with coke and the likes also being up there.They get a first strike confidential warning, which just the club and players get advised. I say drug test the new potential recruit straight away to make sure the off load isn't for a reason other than bad attitude. Not sure our own clubs "culture" is strong enough at the moment to throw in a potential bad apple. Im sure though he would try and prove himself in the first few games but seems a bit suspicious they don't want him. Heres our massive line breaking forward. Rookie of the club and we don't want him. Maybe the want to repay us for handing them Abbey. That being that, he is a big unit . Zero tackle has him as the 5th tallest in the NRL. Lets sign him and Nelson and we will have a monster pack.

Reactions: Sup42
Really happy with the trade. I feel like we're upgrading to a taller bigger more league smart player. He was great for the dogs last year.

Apparently rfm asked for a release last year but was denied and with him coming to the end of his contract this year he would have probably left anyway. So getting a replacement for the rest of the year with a 1 year extention in our favour is fantastic business. .

#indoylewetrust

After spending 20 minutes in "The Kennel" I hope we really stick it to them at Westpac Trust in Rnd 7. I would love to revisit and listen to them choke on that result.

Very astute signing if true can play this kid see a lot of John Cartwright/Mark Geyer in his game big aggressive back rower that has an offload and mean streak as well. Sad to see RFM go but between both would prefer Lane as to me he has an higher ceiling than RFM.

Lot of doggies fans saying he should play first grade asap but don't think that should be the case we have Bodene,Hoffman and Mannering who are all 70-80 min players don't see him immediately playing but should get an shot on the bench if his form and play warrant it in NsW cup.

Jordan G

In that video he scored a try and set one up. Screw the pack, put him to halfback.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Yeah those highlights aren't too hype, any Bulldogs fans lurking, go find Raymond's 3 try effort in this years Titans trial, you'll think you've got a superstar. (He's not)

Reactions: Sup42 and Pete

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
This kid is tall as a giraffe! Look how he dwarfs fully grown men.

Shaun+Lane+NRL+Rd+16+Bulldogs+v+Storm+1a7xptvkPLSx.jpg

Shaun+Lane+NRL+Rd+19+Eels+v+Bulldogs+UhoxTq9efIex.jpg

Found a Q & A on him from the Bulldogs site...

Name: Shaun Lane

Junior Club: South Eastern Seagulls

Birthplace: Sydney

What do you like to do away from football?

Away from football I like to go to the movies, play video games & board games.

What was your first job?

My first job was as a Teachers Aide.

What are your goals in Rugby League?

My main goals in Rugby league would be to play 200 first grade games.

What do you love about Rugby League?

The thing I love most about rugby league the adrenaline & mateship

Who has been the biggest influence on your career?

My biggest influence would be my parents and brother.

What is your earliest league memory?

My earliest memory in Rugby League is crying every time I got tackled when I was five!

What is your best moment in league so far?

My best memory in rugby league was getting Man of the Match during my third NRL game at Belmore, such a great atmosphere and surreal experience.

Best piece of advice you have been given?

Be patient and persevere through tough times.

What advice would you give to a young rugby league player?

Chase your dreams.

Who is the player you looked up to as a kid and why?

The player I most looked up to is Andrew Johns; he was the best player I have ever seen.

What are your memories of your first NRL game?

My first memories of playing NRL were getting told I was playing on the Thursday afternoon by Des. Running onto the field was amazing and supporting Josh Reynolds as he made a break against the Titans, it was a dream come true.

Favourite sportsman and why?

My favourite sportsman is Michael Jordan, he always found a way to win.

What can’t you live without?

A good nights sleep.

What player do you most enjoy playing with/against?

I enjoyed playing against Alex Johnstone; he is lightning quick and a great competitor.

What is the TV show you never miss?

The TV show I can’t miss is Game of Thrones.

What is on your bucket list?

I would love to travel the world one day.

If you could play another sport, what would it be?

I would love to be a professional Basketball player, the boys call me “mini giraffe” so I think I would fit the bill.

If you weren’t playing league, what would you be doing?

If I wasn’t playing league I would be completing a University degree.

How would you like to be remembered at the end of your career?

I would love to be remembered as someone who always gave their best.