Player Shaun Lane

Still takes an age to play the ball...
It is a long way down from from all the way up there.

Have watched a bit of him since he left. Has had some good touches but then some bad misreads. Haven't seen him play this year.

He he managed to fill out and use his size he could be a handful.

Another Warrior doing great at another club, just shows how useless we are at developing players!

Just shows how long development takes. It takes patience, growth size and position coaching and game time to get the best out if there's any there.
Warriors fans call for blood with cries of useless in the 2nd year of development of young fellas when they appear to go backwards from the 1st year.

bruce

Contributor
He was 21 at the time - had a couple of seasons at Bulldogs and Manly until he's found his feet at Parra. Unfortunately that's the way at it goes sometimes. Alot of 21 year olds have crap attitudes, especially when they've been traded.
Yes he was a typical slow maturing white boy...with a shite attitude.

Lane was here about five years ago, and was awful for us. It’s a very different case to a guy like Papalii or Sio Sio who were good very soon after. Katoa could be another one in that category.

I’m all for us improving our development, but Lane isn’t one that keeps me awake at night, thinking we never should never have let him go.

Who owned the club back then? Just asking like.
Doesn't matter Bruce. It's what we do here on in. Will we do anything different? Who knows? As fans we can only hope. That's not wholly on the players to be fair, the lessons are across the board.
It's been long enough, time to step up everywhere. Our rallying cry every year has to be more then "at least we've never got the spoon". We may do just that this year & maybe we need to to change up this club- just look at the clubs who have had the spoon over the past 20...maybe it will be "never again" instead but that could be the game-changer

Reactions: bruce
Lane was here about five years ago, and was awful for us. It’s a very different case to a guy like Papalii or Sio Sio who were good very soon after. Katoa could be another one in that category.

I’m all for us improving our development, but Lane isn’t one that keeps me awake at night, thinking we never should never have let him go.
I remember papaili being rode to death in his 2nd year. SK was persevering and come under so mmmuch flack for it too. So not much difference really

I remember papaili being rode to death in his 2nd year. SK was persevering and come under so mmmuch flack for it too. So not much difference really
The difference is Papalii went to another club and performed straight away. Lane went to Manly for two years and is in his 4th year at Parramatta. He’s also playing in a good team where there are at least three other quality 2nd rowers in their team.

I don’t think you can keep people on the books for five years hoping they’ll turn out well eventually. Players will look for opportunities elsewhere and it’s a high risk that you are going to be wasting money on a flop.