Player Shaun Johnson

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Surely a heap of forummers have had strained Pecs?

It doesn't always happen because you are older or less resilient.

This injury is no drama, it's not a wear and tear Injury.

Guys like Arnold would put ten times the load on their Pecs than Shaun Johnson four or five times a week at his age (yes Annie's Pecs are way bigger and stronger, but it's a muscle group that doesn't wear down like weight bearing muscles, tendons and joints).

This is just a run of the mill can happen to anyone strain, probably lifting in the tackle while at an awkward angle or swung his arm into someone who steam trained and bowled the bulk of their weight into the arm instead of the shoulder.

Could be he over trained in the gym.

Pec strains (not tears) just hurt, and swell, and make your arm weaker when in use.

It is an injury with a prognosis of 100% full recovery.

I'm not saying Johnson isn't older with scars.....but this is just a blip provided our physio's and trainers manage it correctly.

Johnson has a lot of upper body mass and power relative to his height, his Pecs are massive, and well supported by huge arms shoulders and back muscles. He will brush this off.
Is all good, just had to get my negativity out. So many people looking for Shaun Johnson to be our saviour - again.

I really hoped that he would come back and fill out the team not replace it. No matter how good he is, they need him to gel, passes to stick and players to act like he isn't going to win the game for them. I have mentioned (in the past) that i think he is injury prone and a great risk to rely on. But I also get he is a talent, just maybe not one as good as people on here like to say.

But as with the coach, I really hope he proves me wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
Sup42

Sup42

Is all good, just had to get my negativity out. So many people looking for Shaun Johnson to be our saviour - again.

I really hoped that he would come back and fill out the team not replace it. No matter how good he is, they need him to gel, passes to stick and players to act like he isn't going to win the game for them. I have mentioned (in the past) that i think he is injury prone and a great risk to rely on. But I also get he is a talent, just maybe not one as good as people on here like to say.

But as with the coach, I really hope he proves me wrong.

It is deflating to see Shaun Johnson return and for the spine to suddenly look completely out of whack....I had a horrible sense of Dejavu.

Pretty much need to seriously sort that stuff out, because this a team good enough to play a team game...not one player team anymore.

When we went well last year it was off Walsh complimenting a structure....not Walsh playing like a Shaun Johnson lone runner.

We need Johnson to steer not dance.

For a first game back I was overall pleased with SJs game though.

It just brought back bad memories seeing the structures turn to crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Peewee

It is deflating to see Shaun Johnson return and for the spine to suddenly look completely out of whack....I had a horrible sense of Dejavu.

Pretty much need to seriously sort that stuff out, because this a team good enough to play a team game...not one player team anymore.

When we went well last year it was off Walsh complimenting a structure....not Walsh playing like a Shaun Johnson lone runner.

We need Johnson to steer not dance.

For a first game back I was overall pleased with SJs game though.

It just brought back bad memories seeing the structures turn to crap.
If the structure is crap, as you say.
Thats the fault of one person...... THE COACH
We have the indians maybe we need a new chief

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Sup42

Sup42

If the structure is crap, as you say.
Thats the fault of one person...... THE COACH
We have the indians maybe we need a new chief
We will know shortly.

Brown has not one, but two organising and kicking halves, and a ball playing fullback.

He also has a structured 9.

Stacey is the attack coach though.

My sense is that it will come right if they pair Taylor and Johnson.

Reactions: 4 users
AlexM

AlexM

So clearly something is holding Shaun Johnson back.
I think its his Pec.
Looks shy of contact.. his second rower and centre are taking first contact when possible..
Maybe a couple more weeks until fully fit if that's possible seeing they are playing him currently

AlexM

AlexM

And to clarify , I think he's doing his job... like kicking getting us round the field icing games etc..
But yeah just ...

Reactions: 5 users

J_P

So clearly something is holding Shaun Johnson back.
I think its his Pec.
Looks shy of contact.. his second rower and centre are taking first contact when possible..
Maybe a couple more weeks until fully fit if that's possible seeing they are playing him currently
Agreed I've seen him offload worried about contact way many too times to think it's natural for him.

Reactions: 2 users

6Again

Didn’t notice anything at the scrum, not sure what the OP is referring too tbh.

Drawing conclusions on who likes who from on field interactions apart from being quite puerile is never that revealing.

I could see Shaun Johnson was pissed at times in the game but I don’t think any of the boys were overly happy with each other or the way the played.

Defence

Defence

Here we go….
Sounds like he’s been sitting at the wrong end of the table again- does he never learn :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users