Billyspleen75

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Silverdale

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I think the headline makes it seem worse than the actual body of the article.

He was injured to start the season and got injured late in the season so there was only so much impact he could have on their season.

He is right though they did struggle for a halves combination. As a Warriors fan I can relate to that.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Their halves woes were partly their own doing by getting letting Townsend go. He was more likely to be on the field compared to Johnson and Moylan.

Is he accusing Townsend of having his mind on his new contract at the Cowboys as well? Or he's fine cause they dropped then released him.

I didn't see much of the Sharks but what I did see Johnson's form was fine. He had to come back from injury and work his way back into form.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
I think the headline makes it seem worse than the actual body of the article.

He was injured to start the season and got injured late in the season so there was only so much impact he could have on their season.

He is right though they did struggle for a halves combination. As a Warriors fan I can relate to that.
And the headline has been revised to "Paul Gallen's brutal take on Warrior's halfback Shaun Johnson"

It is a complete media beat up, I'm really sick of media 'creating' the news. Just present it as it is. It is borderline defamation. There is nothing out of the ordinary in Gallen's statements.

Having said that I think he called Shaun Johnson soft or something to that sentiment in 2020, which was way worse at the time. Here he is referring to Shaun Johnson as an asset who the Sharks missed for the most part.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
I guess the media is building up to once again being able to pin anything negative on the shoulders of Shaun Johnson once 2022 starts. They must be very excited to have a pin-up boy to assassinate again.

Reactions: Defence

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Well when he came back from injury in round 12 the Sharks we're sitting in 13th spot, by round 19 (when he did his hammy) they we're in 7th.......largely on the back of his game management......hammy gone......they only win 2 more games and miss out on the 8.

Dumbass Sharks only got themselves to blame throwing thier lot in with Moylan anyway.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
He is having a really good break now to let his body recover. He needs, and the same with Taylor if he is signed, to be managed from here on starting with pre season.
He’s had chunky spells off in the last 3 years. Played less than half a season each. Not like his body has been taking a beating. If anything, the lack of game time and age is a bad sign…

Father Time is undefeated. With a wife and little one, makes it all the more harder…. that’s why sports is a young mans game…

Reactions: gREVUS

DavidMcKay1974

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2013
Interesting interview- I remember when these guys were coming through at the same time- good player issac John.

I loved this interview. Shaun will be rocking it next year. He already has plans to talk with Brownie and Rhys Walsh. And he believes he can add a lot to the Warriors.

He was close to signing with the Bulldogs. Lucky us. Thank goodness for Phil Gould at the time, which got him over the line before he went to the Bulldogs himself.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
That was a good interview. The benefit of podcasts in that they can be less structured also usually with an interviewer the person is more comfortable with compared to a traditional interview with the media.

He sounds like he is in a good headspace and matured.

I like the bits about talking with Brown to go over the style of play. Talking to players like Walsh on where they like to receive the ball.

When he signed I mentioned how he said it would be good to return home and play out of Mt Smart again but its likely he will be returning back to Australia. Interesting part of the interview was about him returning to Australia for the season alone. Having a baby at home that will be tough but sounds like he's prepared for it.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Good to see Isaac John again, good interviewer, both guys seem to have matured into good men.....tho Shaun Johnson (apart from occasionally being a tad on the precious side.....something he's acknowledged himself) has always impressed as an articulate, pretty decent dude.....despite the tall poppy crowd trying to paint him as something else.

Think he'll be a godsend for Reece actually, on and off the park....If anyone knows about the expectations put on a breakout prodigy its Shaun....and say what u want about him but off the field u probably couldnt want for a better guy to emulate.....as far as i know he's always been squeaky clean.

Very interested to see how they combine on the park. Shaun Johnson sort of insinuated in that interview because their both similar in regard to throwing those selective cut out passes on the out the back plays that he may be the one that plays the squaring up role that'll give Reece the space. If Brownie has any sort of chop as a coach he'll step back and let them sort it out....im getting excited for that already.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Great interview.

What I'm really looking forward to is his leadership role. I think he now has the experience and mana to be a great leader in our club and it will suit his personality. He wants to make a difference.

When he was last with us he never got the opportunity (from the players clique)

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
He hit the nail on the head when he said he wants to drive the team around the park as opposed to the explosive stuff, it’s his his game has evolved. He also said he’s keen to talk with other playmakers and talk about how and where on the park they want to receive the ball, his presence in the team will raise the confidence levels of the team.
We are looking at a potential halves pairing of Shaun Johnson and Ash Taylor with a roving menace in Reece Walsh 🤞🏾

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings