Player Shaun Johnson

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Shaun Johnson fan but like the rest of his team was pretty ordinary against the vikings.

That said Raiders won the ruck with ease most of that game so not as concerned with him not able to stamp his mark on that game as some are......particulary with these new rules and the uptempo game we've seen its so hard for anyone to swing momentum back now.

It was his defence or lack of it that surprised me yesterday (he's normally pretty solid).....couldnt tackle a thing......altho Sharks as a whole missed 61 tackles which surely must be some kind of record....no wonder they struggled.

Still confident he has the game management in him that'll swing those close ones we lost this year back to our favour.......someone mentioned clutch plays earlier but i dont think that's really or should be his go anymore.......despite the loss of speed he still has enough in the arsenal to create space for others, and his kicking game is pretty top notch these days.......Reecy boy for when we need something brilliant.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Haven't seen much of him this year but yesterday he was very ordinary. But hell that's football. Might be huge next week đŸ¤”
My wife sometimes tells me the same sometimes just leave out the word football.

As much as we are getting a more mature player and obviously different due to injuries we will still get quiet games. I feel the quality of halves throughout the competition isn't as high as previous years, especially in terms of consistency.

In Johnson we are getting one of the better ones and we will have a good foil for him in Walsh.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Shaun Johnson could be out for 8 weeks so has likely played his last game for the Sharks.
seriously, hes broken again?
Hamstrings again, or is it still?
What are his chances of being fit in time for next season? or is it going to be an even older (more) slower Shaun Johnson that the warriors get back?

I was actually thinking he was the best option available to the warriors next year, but now i wonder what plan E is?

Reactions: Akkerz

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
seriously, hes broken again?
Hamstrings again, or is it still?
What are his chances of being fit in time for next season? or is it going to be an even older (more) slower Shaun Johnson that the warriors get back?

I was actually thinking he was the best option available to the warriors next year, but now i wonder what plan E is?
Not good, but he'll at least get a full pre-season under his belt this time. Was gutting seeing it happen during the game, up until that point he had set up 3 tries in short succession and was playing brilliantly.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Not good, but he'll at least get a full pre-season under his belt this time. Was gutting seeing it happen during the game, up until that point he had set up 3 tries in short succession and was playing brilliantly.
Yeah he was putting on a clinic that right hand side before he went off.....he tends to go at the line a lot harder if its on the back of a roll on with quick ptb's what Cronulla were getting, and where he's still dangerous despite the loss of top end speed.....outsides just need to run their holes and he'll do the rest.

Happy enough for him to have an extended off season sorting out all the niggles.....lace those bones with fucking adamantium.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
is it going to be an even older (more) slower Shaun Johnson that the warriors get back?
Slower legs, much faster brain.

Andrew Johns is the closest type of player that I can think of to the Princess and he was carrying bad injuries and slowing down, and he was still very dangerous.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
4-8 weeks seems a vague diagnosis although hamstrings and notoriously fickle.
Would be a shame to miss 2 finals series in a row due to injury but that’s footy.
Hopefully he can get a good preseason under his belt and be fresh for round one.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
4-8 weeks seems a vague diagnosis although hamstrings and notoriously fickle.
Would be a shame to miss 2 finals series in a row due to injury but that’s footy.
Hopefully he can get a good preseason under his belt and be fresh for round one.
Off season is enough for a hamstring.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Reactions: bruce

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Without his agreement?
My understanding is he requested a release to return to NZ. They granted it. Some of the places reporting it have the Sharks not paying him for that month came as a surprise to Johnson.

He would of likely stayed in Sydney and helped the club if things we normal. We live in a non normal environment. Not sure if he is in Queensland with the club or still in Sydney. They probably feel they should get on with moving their young family back to NZ as it would be a lot to sort out along with quarantine on arrival.

Reactions: J_P and Rick O'Shay

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Hardly surprising is it? Johnson is the one leaving the side/country early. He can still contribute to the club despite being injured.

I'm sure there is more a story here, I would have thought they would have had a hand shake agreement or something.

Reactions: 3rdstriker

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings