Shaun Johnson

Reaction score
bangbros18

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
They will struggle without gallen next season for sure!

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I see SJ developing sort of like Benji has done .
Hell hit is peak yet .When it clicks
I am not sure about this, Benji seems to be quite tough mentally and I dont think SJ believes in himself enough to replicate that, particularly when he gets to finals footy where he leaves it to others too much. Thats probably a result of having his confidence knocked by playing in a team that didnt make the finals often and when they did they got bundled out early and he was criticised for not being able to step up. Now he has gone to a new team and is getting the same criticism I think makes that even harder for him mentally.

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I am not sure about this, Benji seems to be quite tough mentally and I dont think SJ believes in himself enough to replicate that, particularly when he gets to finals footy where he leaves it to others too much. Thats probably a result of having his confidence knocked by playing in a team that didnt make the finals often and when they did they got bundled out early and he was criticised for not being able to step up. Now he has gone to a new team and is getting the same criticism I think makes that even harder for him mentally.
Yep Benji's got a hard edge .But he picked that up after rugby .
That was rough for him that whole time.
I think SJ will get a bit of an edge to him .

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Except now he's being crucified by two countries. I don't know if he's in a better or worse position, he rolled the dice and lost but at end of the day he's still a millionaire. As Walley Lewis said after the Kangaroos beat us 3-0, "Thats rugby league. We won, you lost, thanks for coming and thanks for the money."
Yeah I think he’s found himself in pretty much the same situation that he was here, just the Sharks fans are probably less forgiving

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep Benji's got a hard edge .But he picked that up after rugby .
That was rough for him that whole time.
I think SJ will get a bit of an edge to him .
I'd love for him to reach his full potential. He has the instincts and skill to be an absolute world class weapon - as he sometimes shows.
He needs quality coaching to get that edge, I don't know if he will get that at Cronulla. He needs a quality mentor.
He should have sucked it up for 12 months and gone to the Roosters. I'm sure Cronk will be there in some capacity next year on the staff.

Maybe he could seek out Cronk on his own next year or one of the Johns brothers? Matty Johns, apparently, does his work for free.

Last edited:
Top Bottom