• F

Votes: 72 75.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Did everyone hear Blocker call us clowns? If I remember correctly, he was saying one of the Shark's players was "having a field day against these clowns"

To be honest though, its hard to disagree with him at the moment
I agree with blocker except for our #1

1. 🙎🏽‍♂️
2. 🤡
3. 🤡
4. 🤡
5. 🤡
6. 🤡
7. 🤡
8. 🤡
9. 🤡
10. 🤡
11. 🤡
12. 🤡
13. 🤡

Stephen Kearney 👑 🤡

Reaction score

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Lol... slightly taken out of context but it is true!!!

He was saying that Woods was shaking his head when he was subbed after 23 minutes...and he would have been saying to his coach, leave me on I’m carving up these clowns.

They are clowns...no one can argue that
Clowns have the capacity to be entertaining.

We're more like a bowl of oatmeal nobody wants to eat.

Granted "Leave me on against these bowls of oatmeal" doesn't have the same ring to it, but I felt compelled to stand up for our face painted, floppy shoe friends, which is more than I feel compelled to do for our team of oatmeal bowls.

Reaction score

Kalcod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Apart from AK, who is getting zero game time, we seem to be trying to recruit on NZ players. This is part of the problem in my opinion. Look at how well the Raiders have recruited from the UKSL. Those guys are on fire. Also, if you do want to recruit NZ players, how do we seem to miss a lot of them that turn out so well for other clubs? Brandon Smith at the Storm, was he ever in the Warriors set up at any grade? The big guy that scored for the Sharks yesterday (can't remember his name) came from the Glenora Bears. Was he in any of our development squads? If not, why not? If he was, how did we let him go? Some of these Kiwi youngsters seem to really take off in Aussie. But then it I suppose it comes down to the coaches we have..............

Reaction score

Kalcod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Lol... slightly taken out of context but it is true!!!

He was saying that Woods was shaking his head when he was subbed after 23 minutes...and he would have been saying to his coach, leave me on I’m carving up these clowns.

They are clowns...no one can argue that
Cheers, I didn't see that part of the game as I was driving with the family, but my youngest was watching the game on the ipad in the back seat and I heard that in the commentary. :)

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Bullshit. As evidenced by the Manly game.

What most people can't / won't admit is most of our players are rubbish.

Now that hurts to admit as a fan, much easier to blame the coach or the refs, than to face the fact that the players you support are below mediocre.

We get up for the odd game when the stars align, but regularly our players resort to taking the easy option of not putting 100%, taking short cuts and cruising.

Not only that but it's been happening for a decade plus, the rot has well and truly set in.
Agree. When our cricket side is under the pump with people asking what is wrong I'd often tell people the players aren't as good as we think they are. They are the team we see the most so see the good things they do on occasion so we know what they can do when they are at their best. The key thing is they can't perform at their best or close to it often enough. Also we often discount how much better the opposition is as we look at our stars. The same can be said of the Warriors.

The other thing with our current squad is each individual provides some good points. But as a whole are they what we need?
Outside backs we don't have speed. Front rowers don't make huge metres, second rowers that can run through holes or offload.

Reaction score
Tedster

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why Bunty is getting so little games time lately?
Nek minnit he will be granted a release to go elsewhere.

Reaction score
Tedster

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
1. RTS - Sorry bro, so sorry
2. Fusitua - Where you loose that extra yard of pace?
3. Herbert - decent depth, Jury still out
4. Hiku - Good distribution but slow and defensively inconsistent.
5. Maumalo - not a winger
6. CHT - Raw potential, we'll see...
7. Green - Showing his age
8. Burr - Titans/Dogs discard
9. Luke - Good riddance
10. Ah Mau - At least we're ahead of your old team
11. Blair - lol
12. Papali'i - Potential, but horrible season
13. Tevaga - Speed bump penalty magnet

14. Paasi - Solid bench prop
15. Lisone - Will never come good
16. Ayshford - Retiring for good reason
17. Nikorima - Welcome to the career graveyard.

Afoa - Good potential, dropped because reasons.
Pulu - Ran over Kearney's dog.
Lawton - Useful depth utility but nothing else.
Sao - Was riding shotgun with Pulu.
Beale - That injury won't make him any less reserve grade
Roache - Mr Glass called, he feels sorry for you.
Curran - Reminds me of Hipgreaves....That's not as good thing.
Frei - Solid at NSW Cup level, needs to find more aggression.
Pompey - Makes Maumalo look as fast as Addo-Carr.
Milne - Waste of a spot.
AK - Gave Pulu directions to SK's house
Perham - No idea what they're doing with him. Won't last with us.
Harris - Aside from RTS would be the only guy I'd be upset about losing.

What a complete rabble this lot are. We're stuck with most of them next year when 20 of them are very very replaceable.
After some of the depressing posts on here this made me laugh, love the AK & Pulu bit and in all honestly it really isn't far off, which makes it kind of sad too. ;)

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Johnson is a loss to us and we are definitely worse without him but our attack isnt our biggest issue, its the 40+ points we let the opposition score and while the players are ultimately responsible for tackling there is something going wrong with the coaching when you get 40+ on you 3 out of the last 4 weeks, whether thats strategy, motivation or whatever. Unfortunately with the opposition we have the next 2 weeks it could be 5 from 6 and if that happens someone is going to have to do something other than squeal about the players not putting in coz I dont buy it that we have half the squad who cant be fucked.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
I had coffee this morning with an ex international player who made a good point, “ the Warriors are playing like Steve used to ... no frills and no mistakes” (or trying to)
He believes they should do what they did against Manly and let them loose. This style of football is boring. I’m struggling this year to think of a decent try scored in 2019, but can always think of tries scored since 95.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
And while I am here a couple of you are on the wrong forum, go here with your rugby talk

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I had coffee this morning with an ex international player who made a good point, “ the Warriors are playing like Steve used to ... no frills and no mistakes” (or trying to)
Two points.
1. you get up too early on Sunday
2. Steve had footwork at the line and an offload (often to the ground ut atleast it was an offload). I think he has forgotten how he played

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score

The title says about lack of effort. That would of been interesting for Kearney to say after what the CEO said during the week and getting told its Kearney's job processes are in place. That would of come across like the Kata can't pass to his winger at the members forum, gets pointed out and goes off like a cartoon light bulb. I didn't see a quote for lack of effort specifically.

"It was really frustrating," said Kearney. "There is a real lack of belief, lack of resilience in the group. Before the Canberra game, there was a period of a couple of months there where we worked hard and had some resilience.
"It was really disappointing [yesterday], some really ordinary tries [conceded] and we just made it too hard for ourselves."

Along with individual responsibility the coach is partly responsible for instilling belief in the playing group.

This is a squad he has built after 3 years and if there is a lack of resiliency the questions need to be asked.
Why did you sign them?
Why are they under contract for so long?
Are you getting rid of any of them?

Basically what are you going to do about it?

"We need to get back to what we know works for us," said Kearney. "When it got a bit too challenging, it was just too soft, some of the points the Sharks scored."

It's a perfect storm for the Warriors. Confidence is down, structure is missing on attack and defence, and the desire on display against the Sea Eagles two weeks ago has disappeared.

He mentions going back to what works for us a lot. Sounds like someone who had a little success (call last year a little success) and keeps going back to it. At this rate we will be trying to get back to 2018 in 2020, 2021, 2022. The other teams may have worked us out, the game evoloving with the other teams moving the ball more than we do.

It was posted earlier about Maguire saying the Tigers were going to try something different. They put on 46 points, ok the Knights are in a slump but still the point is Maguire saw something and took the risk to make changes.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
He believes they should do what they did against Manly and let them loose. This style of football is boring. I’m struggling this year to think of a decent try scored, but can always think of tries scored since 95.
Nothing new here. we’ve all been saying this for the last 3 years since he joined. He’s killed Warrior ball.

why don’t you ask your mate, to go ask Stephen the hard questions about his player favourites, lack of accountability, lack of tactics, lack of recruitment, lack of process. Cause we all know the nz media don’t have the balls to do it....

Reaction score
Tedster

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

The title says about lack of effort. That would of been interesting for Kearney to say after what the CEO said during the week and getting told its Kearney's job processes are in place. That would of come across like the Kata can't pass to his winger at the members forum, gets pointed out and goes off like a cartoon light bulb. I didn't see a quote for lack of effort specifically.

"It was really frustrating," said Kearney. "There is a real lack of belief, lack of resilience in the group. Before the Canberra game, there was a period of a couple of months there where we worked hard and had some resilience.
"It was really disappointing [yesterday], some really ordinary tries [conceded] and we just made it too hard for ourselves."

Along with individual responsibility the coach is partly responsible for instilling belief in the playing group.

This is a squad he has built after 3 years and if there is a lack of resiliency the questions need to be asked.
Why did you sign them?
Why are they under contract for so long?
Are you getting rid of any of them?

Basically what are you going to do about it?

"We need to get back to what we know works for us," said Kearney. "When it got a bit too challenging, it was just too soft, some of the points the Sharks scored."

It's a perfect storm for the Warriors. Confidence is down, structure is missing on attack and defence, and the desire on display against the Sea Eagles two weeks ago has disappeared.

He mentions going back to what works for us a lot. Sounds like someone who had a little success (call last year a little success) and keeps going back to it. At this rate we will be trying to get back to 2018 in 2020, 2021, 2022. The other teams may have worked us out, the game evoloving with the other teams moving the ball more than we do.

It was posted earlier about Maguire saying the Tigers were going to try something different. They put on 46 points, ok the Knights are in a slump but still the point is Maguire saw something and took the risk to make changes.
I just finished reading that on the NZ Herald site and was so disappointed. Kearney is seriously delusional, isn't it his job to get these guys up for the game and he isn't. Just sounds like a cop out, so so disappointed with this season i guess and where they are going to finish on the ladder and espcially after last year. Man, this team frustrates the shyte out of you huh.

Reaction score
Tedster

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Nothing new here. we’ve all been saying this for the last 3 years since he joined. He’s killed Warrior ball.

why don’t you ask your mate, to go ask Stephen the hard questions about his player favourites, lack of accountability, lack of tactics, lack of recruitment, lack of process. Cause we all know the nz media don’t have the balls to do it....
Maybe the media just don't really care anymore. :(

Reaction score
Vancent

Vancent

😔
Contributor
Reaction score
I've supported the Warriors since the beginning and I think this is the worst I have felt being a Warriors supporter.

I have no faith in our coaching team and most of the players he has recruited. Don't see where any light at the end of the tunnel is going to come from.

Kearney re-signed on a 3 year contract and the best quality coach available last year (Maguire) is off the market now. So even if they fire Kearney (which they won't) there is no one appealing to take over. We will have another 2-3 years of these kind of performances and then get a new coach and go through the 3 year rebuilding process all over again.
100% exactly I agree.

After feigning leaving the fandom many times - as someone said earlier - it’s getting easier each week to spend more time with the family or in the yard or with mates and less time with this lot.

Sad but true. How long do you commit to something where the driving force behind what you love isn’t committed themselves!

Add to that the farcical officialdom and the seemingly likely outcomes - and the game itself is meh - never really got into the WWE with all this wrestle and structured known outcomes.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Two points.
1. you get up too early on Sunday
2. Steve had footwork at the line and an offload (often to the ground ut atleast it was an offload). I think he has forgotten how he played
1) Ha ha you sound like my wife. 7.00am kick off in Mt Albert every Sunday ... come along.
2) Agree to a certain extent but he was very measured in the way he played.
Like all footy players (especially those In the 80s /. 90s) perhaps my mate has taken a few too many knocks to the head?

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score

I’d never thought about the Warriors style mirroring Kearney’s style rather than the Storm style.

Friend has nothing to do with the club ( he never played for them). Golf is his passion now. Even friends who were involved have moved on too. To be fair I’m trying to think if him and Kearney played together ... don’t think their NZ careers were at the same time.

Reaction score

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Got to admire the knights who at least have the smarts to know when something isn't working? Meanwhile we have to buy into this "trust the process" BS for another couple of seasons..

Last edited:
Top Bottom