General 2024 NZ Warriors Merchandise

Really not a fan of the kit for next year's. Our actual playing jersey is fine

I must admit, I buy almost every kit they release either way but the contrast between the replicas versus the on field authentic with the grip look vastly different respectively.
Surely with the massive profit margins they're already surely making, they could offer the jersey with the same grip pattern to the public.
It's usually quite subtle but this year it almost makes the jersey.

Wonder what way the Heritage Jersey will go, kind of hard when the home jersey already covers the 95 jersey, and in the last 4 years we have already had the 1997, 2002, and 2003 jerseys redone, which are the next best home jerseys we've had if you ask me

I reckon, since we've had the Awen Guttenbiel Jersey, and the "Little General" jerseys, and with it probably being SJ's last year, we could go with the 2011 away jersey (or home I suppose, but it was the away jersey that they wore in the prelim and GF)?

It is a boring jersey imo, but I'm sure you could do something with it with some changes- maybe change the black parts to OG colours or something?

I'm actually a little underwhelmed.

True, but I guess ideally we maybe should be underwhelmed to some extent? Roosters, Dragons and Rabbitohs fans have a little to get excited about when it's time for new home jerseys because they have their identity and they're not messing with it. Their jerseys are the most recognisable.

I'm happy with the home jersey being the same thing year in and year out, and then doing some more interesting things with the away, heritage, and indigenous kits (though, the away jersey this year is pretty mid, but at least it is something new)

Wonder what way the Heritage Jersey will go, kind of hard when the home jersey already covers the 95 jersey, and in the last 4 years we have already had the 1997, 2002, and 2003 jerseys redone, which are the next best home jerseys we've had if you ask me

I reckon, since we've had the Awen Guttenbiel Jersey, and the "Little General" jerseys, and with it probably being SJ's last year, we could go with the 2011 away jersey (or home I suppose, but it was the away jersey that they wore in the prelim and GF)?

It is a boring jersey imo, but I'm sure you could do something with it with some changes- maybe change the black parts to OG colours or something?

True, but I guess ideally we maybe should be underwhelmed to some extent? Roosters, Dragons and Rabbitohs fans have a little to get excited about when it's time for new home jerseys because they have their identity and they're not messing with it. Their jerseys are the most recognisable.

I'm happy with the home jersey being the same thing year in and year out, and then doing some more interesting things with the away, heritage, and indigenous kits (though, the away jersey this year is pretty mid, but at least it is something new)
Yeah I'm ok with home jersey being the same. Just wished it was cheaper.

I want to see more non jersey stuff that's good value and looks good.

Maybe they will release later but there was a vomit looking jacket in the background of the launch which does not bode well.

Does anyone know the significance of the 3 paddles (I assume that is what they are) on the corner of the jersey, and in the promos?

Is it like a standard thing for 10 people to be on a waka at a time, So 3 paddles signifies 30 years or something?

Maybe a tribute the “bandwaka” hahaha

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 4.23.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 4.23.59 PM.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 81
Does anyone know the significance of the 3 paddles (I assume that is what they are) on the corner of the jersey, and in the promos?

Is it like a standard thing for 10 people to be on a waka at a time, So 3 paddles signifies 30 years or something?

Maybe a tribute the “bandwaka” hahaha
Dynasty mention it in their write up

Inspired by the inaugural 1995 Warriors Home Jersey, this striking jersey features the iconic Warriors’ colours in a curved linear design. The three hoe proudly displayed on the front left hem acknowledges their past, present, and future, recognising 2024 as their 30th competition season. The hoe links the Warriors to their waka and acts as a reminder for who they are and what they are playing for. Their waka is a symbol of unity and direction; One heartbeat, moving together with purpose and power.

Aslong as it's easy to buy/find kits for 6 year olds i'm good. Last year I could only find new borns, infants and then a massive skip to 12 years and up the 5 yr old missed out.

Finally a good image of the away..
IMG_0601.jpeg

Don’t like the zig zag thing on the middle hoop, but the design on the others is cool.

Honestly this jersey has already grown on me since last night- it is still very Union though

Might bring some comfort seeing that the “grip” on the player issue jersey isn’t super visible?

I don't normally like the away jerseys but there's something not right with the home jersey, I think it might be the white in-between the chevron that puts me off and as others have said the retail versions just look cheap compared to the player issued ones.
I'm due for a new jersey so Will go with the away jersey I reckon.

Back