General Mt Smart or Eden Park for a NZ Warriors home final?

Where do you want the home final

• Mt Smart Stadium - the home of Rugby League

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • Eden park - the home of.... 45,000 fans

Votes: 20 34.5%

• Total voters
Voted Eden Park because the atmosphere will be even better than Mt Smart purely due to the numbers.

As I mentioned on another Turkish forum (too soon?) when I experienced the Atmosphere of Eden Park it went off for the NRL 9's.

Even better than when I saw the Roosters final at Mt Smart with WIki's "SPARTA"

I love Mt Smart but the truth is tens of thousands miss out if we play there, that ain't how you grow a sport.

I voted Eden Park as I'm more confident in getting tickets. Purely selfish.

I love MtSmart but I think it's time we break the EP hoodoo

As much as I love MSS and would prefer a home final there I’m all for EP even though it gives me creepy yawnion vibes…..it would be a sellout (I’m ok with bandwagoners, it’s a step in the right direction to grow the game) and the atmosphere would probably surprise us….hell, the fact we’re debating it is positive, they could hold it at Fowlds Park for all I care….spread the love and let’s indoctrinate those yawnion snobs.

Went with Eden Park.

Higher capacity, the NRL get to make the call anyway and, crucially, if we want the powers that be to turn Eden Park into a decent rectangular ground, show them how good the atmosphere can be at a well organised event.

That and everyone boycotting cricket matches (are there any, anymore? I thought the ICC had banned Tests at Eden Park?) until the Eden Park Trust gets the message.

However, the NRL hasn't done itself any favours by allowing other clubs to play at smaller grounds because of the Traditional Home Ground thing.

Went with Eden Park.

Higher capacity, the NRL get to make the call anyway and, crucially, if we want the powers that be to turn Eden Park into a decent rectangular ground, show them how good the atmosphere can be at a well organised event.

That and everyone boycotting cricket matches (are there any, anymore? I thought the ICC had banned Tests at Eden Park?) until the Eden Park Trust gets the message.

However, the NRL hasn't done itself any favours by allowing other clubs to play at smaller grounds because of the Traditional Home Ground thing.
I think rugby fans are also boycotting NPC matches. The Super Rugby crowds also wouldn't be great for them either.

The crowd allocation matches what I've been saying. If we had a home game this week it would have been Mt Smart.

Next week or the week after depending on results is anyone's guess. But I'd say it is likely to be Eden Park to match the regional stadium directive like what happens in Sydney.

Mt Smart would need to be upgraded to get a week 2 or preliminary final.

I am a member.

If 5k members buy 6 tickets each, that's already above MSS capacity.

And there are more than 5k members
Theres a bit of conflicting info.

The email from the NRL this morning mentioned each AAN has a set amount of tickets they can buy.

It's really disappointing we won't seem to have "buy your seats" but some clubs do... I'd like to hear a reasoning

Theres a bit of conflicting info.

The email from the NRL this morning mentioned each AAN has a set amount of tickets they can buy.

It's really disappointing we won't seem to have "buy your seats" but some clubs do... I'd like to hear a reasoning
Yeah, it's tricky trying to navigate the comms.
I'm thinking the NRL comms is somewhat generic and the wording is to cover the different scenarios of all the clubs.
Warriors comms says 6x tickets for MSS and EP, so i almost consider that as gospel.

The comm from the Warriors seemed to blame the NRL, but the one from the NRL said its up to the club/stadium. Very confusing.

Possibly didn't want to guarantee it if we do end up at Eden Park, as then obviously we can't get the same seat.

Back