1. Just a note that the site will be down for a few hours today (18th February). This is due to a migration of the site to another server in preparation for a major upgrade. Some users may not see any downtime at all, really depends on your Internet Service Provider. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Selestino Ravutaumada

1. adalu239
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2013

adalu239 1st Grade Fringe

Hence why I wrote this.. “One thing this consistent push does show is mental fortitude which to me is more exciting than generic fitness.. the kid has the head for elite sport.”

2. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

The kind of skillset which would really shine in a Nines tournament, shame there isn't one. Interested to see how he goes in the trials though.

3. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Another kid who is mentally tough, the mind is starting to boggle at the talent this club is unearthing.
    That is one hell of a pic.
    Not far behind Tino are Maumolo, Keighran, Ayshford and CHT. If one is to assume that RTS is still a fitness machine, actually one of the fittest in the NRL just what does that say about this squad?

It indicates to me that squad fitness is way ahead of last season, when we surprised everybody in the first game.

Not only that it shows desire to achieve and disregard for pain. I believe that will show in defence first.

Just bring it on.:happy::happy:

4. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

Shaun Johnson affect, ie.no one is bigger than the team, bust your ass or see you later, I like it much

5. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

Not saying he's really in the running for that, I'd have him as a massive outlier. Totally see how it came off that way though.

More just listing potentially ways to get that gimp out of the team haha. I don't expect him to play any first grade this year, but it's exciting to see young players coming out and doing the hard yards, as opposed to turning up from Xmas break with a massive gut.

6. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

Have I missed something or are you guys just reading too much into a bunch of still pictures that could easily lack context?

• Like Like x 14
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. adalu239
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2013

adalu239 1st Grade Fringe

Nope, people getting overly excited by an unproven 19 year old from a rugby union background.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  8. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

Ahhhhhh off season stuff. Gotcha.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  9. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

Nothing like talking up the guy who is being lapped ;)

10. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

He'll probably be selected in the Tongan team to play the kiwis at this rate..

11. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

The context of sprinting up West Coast sandhills is good enough for me.

The Warriors used to be like the Blues and everybody held back for the least fit. Then the rock stars got selected on TV glimpses of their natural athleticism and flair in under 20s.

This kid might not have as much flair as some, we haven't seen him in reserve grade yet, but even this far he has contributed to the fitness and mental toughness of the whole squad. I bet nobody in this squad gets laughed at for doing extras.

12. Murraytd
    Join:
    Sep 5, 2014

Murraytd 1st Grade Fringe

I hope this kid makes first grade this year thru talent and attitude, by doing so he would have shown a work ethic, skillset and ability that can't be denied. Probably not likely though, but would be amazing to have a genuine flyer with X factor A la Kenny Nagas, Noa Nandruku, Suliasi Vunivalu, Lote Tuquiri, etc. At worst lets hope he/all players are forcing pressure to be in the 17.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  13. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah, all that from a still picture is way overboard. Hope he goes well, but I'll get excited when I see him on the field, not "sprinting" up sand dunes.

Although I may raise my expectations when the Warriors release the pre season photo of him walking on water :p

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Off topic post, and you forgot to mention my prediction on Eric Watson;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Damn I miss the days when old people couldn't/wouldn't use the internet, it was just so easy to cross the street rather than listen to their self-gratification BS..:banghead:

16. Weno
    Join:
    Nov 3, 2012

Weno 1st Grade Fringe

Cant wait to see this kid in tandem with Lewis Sosoomea.
    That will be some lightning.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  17. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I think the highest expectation I have suggested of him this season is reserve grade, which is fair considering his lack of experience in the game. However to have a potential reserve grader leading the way in endurance training is quite exciting as far as the whole squad goes. With the attitude he is showing I am sure first grade will come sooner rather than later.

18. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

There was a bloke training with the Central Coast Mariners in their pre-season who didn't have much football experience however he was the fastest human ever. By your logic shouldn't Usain Bolt have made it into the A-League?

19. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

Would be good if someone with the good oil could let us know how the guy is actually going early on this preseason.

It would be encouraging if he was leading the pack but I'd like something a little more concrete than some potentially misleading still photos.

20. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

No but if he was 20 an signed with the warriors I'd be stoked
    An talking him up .