Selestino Ravutaumada

Reaction score
adalu239

adalu239

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Those west coast sand dunes are a bit more than general fitness mate, they are genuine gut busters where things are hurting that you even didn't know you had. If this kid is leading RTS he has genuine ticker, and is a hungry bastard as well. All he needs now is a bit of direction. I hope he is selected in the reserves because I will be sitting down ready for that game.
Hence why I wrote this.. “One thing this consistent push does show is mental fortitude which to me is more exciting than generic fitness.. the kid has the head for elite sport.”

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The kind of skillset which would really shine in a Nines tournament, shame there isn't one. Interested to see how he goes in the trials though.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Who was the last kid to do it straight from 1st XV? Isaiah Papali'i???
Another kid who is mentally tough, the mind is starting to boggle at the talent this club is unearthing.
The kid leading the pack again
That is one hell of a pic.
Not far behind Tino are Maumolo, Keighran, Ayshford and CHT. If one is to assume that RTS is still a fitness machine, actually one of the fittest in the NRL just what does that say about this squad?

It indicates to me that squad fitness is way ahead of last season, when we surprised everybody in the first game.

Not only that it shows desire to achieve and disregard for pain. I believe that will show in defence first.

Just bring it on.:happy::happy:

Reaction score

Far North Forever

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Another kid who is mentally tough, the mind is starting to boggle at the talent this club is unearthing.

That is one hell of a pic.
Not far behind Tino are Maumolo, Keighran, Ayshford and CHT. If one is to assume that RTS is still a fitness machine, actually one of the fittest in the NRL just what does that say about this squad?

It indicates to me that squad fitness is way ahead of last season, when we surprised everybody in the first game.

Not only that it shows desire to achieve and disregard for pain. I believe that will show in defence first.

Just bring it on.:happy::happy:
Shaun Johnson affect, ie.no one is bigger than the team, bust your ass or see you later, I like it much

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Seems a bit premature to elevate him this soon doesn't it? No doubting he's an amazing prospect but he's fresh out of college rugby. He'd struggle to keep up in reserve grade I would say let alone the NRL.

Who was the last kid to do it straight from 1st XV? Isaiah Papali'i???
Not saying he's really in the running for that, I'd have him as a massive outlier. Totally see how it came off that way though.

More just listing potentially ways to get that gimp out of the team haha. I don't expect him to play any first grade this year, but it's exciting to see young players coming out and doing the hard yards, as opposed to turning up from Xmas break with a massive gut.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Have I missed something or are you guys just reading too much into a bunch of still pictures that could easily lack context?
The context of sprinting up West Coast sandhills is good enough for me.

The Warriors used to be like the Blues and everybody held back for the least fit. Then the rock stars got selected on TV glimpses of their natural athleticism and flair in under 20s.

This kid might not have as much flair as some, we haven't seen him in reserve grade yet, but even this far he has contributed to the fitness and mental toughness of the whole squad. I bet nobody in this squad gets laughed at for doing extras.

Reaction score

Murraytd

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I hope this kid makes first grade this year thru talent and attitude, by doing so he would have shown a work ethic, skillset and ability that can't be denied. Probably not likely though, but would be amazing to have a genuine flyer with X factor A la Kenny Nagas, Noa Nandruku, Suliasi Vunivalu, Lote Tuquiri, etc. At worst lets hope he/all players are forcing pressure to be in the 17.

Last edited:
Reaction score

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The context of sprinting up West Coast sandhills is good enough for me.

The Warriors used to be like the Blues and everybody held back for the least fit. Then the rock stars got selected on TV glimpses of their natural athleticism and flair in under 20s.

This kid might not have as much flair as some, we haven't seen him in reserve grade yet, but even this far he has contributed to the fitness and mental toughness of the whole squad. I bet nobody in this squad gets laughed at for doing extras.
Yeah, all that from a still picture is way overboard. Hope he goes well, but I'll get excited when I see him on the field, not "sprinting" up sand dunes.

Although I may raise my expectations when the Warriors release the pre season photo of him walking on water :p

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not really trying to give bruce too much shit - in my opinion he's still hands down responsible for the best call on this forum (Fale) in the last 12 months.
Off topic post, and you forgot to mention my prediction on Eric Watson;)

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Off topic post, and you forgot to mention my prediction on Eric Watson;)
Damn I miss the days when old people couldn't/wouldn't use the internet, it was just so easy to cross the street rather than listen to their self-gratification BS..:banghead:

Reaction score
Weno

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Cant wait to see this kid in tandem with Lewis Sosoomea.
That will be some lightning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyway to keep it on topic, based on those dune pics I'm sure that this young Ravutaumada would have waltzed into that Raiders side. Given how fit he is he probably would have taken Clyde's place at lock.
I think the highest expectation I have suggested of him this season is reserve grade, which is fair considering his lack of experience in the game. However to have a potential reserve grader leading the way in endurance training is quite exciting as far as the whole squad goes. With the attitude he is showing I am sure first grade will come sooner rather than later.

Reaction score

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
However to have a potential reserve grader leading the way in endurance training is quite exciting as far as the whole squad goes. With the attitude he is showing I am sure first grade will come sooner rather than later.
There was a bloke training with the Central Coast Mariners in their pre-season who didn't have much football experience however he was the fastest human ever. By your logic shouldn't Usain Bolt have made it into the A-League?

Reaction score

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Would be good if someone with the good oil could let us know how the guy is actually going early on this preseason.

It would be encouraging if he was leading the pack but I'd like something a little more concrete than some potentially misleading still photos.

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
There was a bloke training with the Central Coast Mariners in their pre-season who didn't have much football experience however he was the fastest human ever. By your logic shouldn't Usain Bolt have made it into the A-League?
No but if he was 20 an signed with the warriors I'd be stoked
An talking him up .

Top Bottom