Player Selestino Ravutaumada

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
It's a real shame we have 2 gun wingers in front of him and the best FB in the comp.
Why can't we have 3 wingers! Or 2 FBs!

Reactions: Fazz and janfin

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Not sure if this one has been posted here before He's very exciting but the cynic in me wants to see him play against men week in week out where defence isn't optional. Hope the club is patient with him

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
Unfortunately the game of league requires more than just general fitness. He’s also only 18/19, so let’s not get too excited. And where does he play.. do we bench ken or Fusitua?

Let’s be real, he’s not going to get a look in unless there’s 2-3 injuries. He’s an exciting prospect sure but this kid is minimum 2-3years away. One thing this consistent push does show is mental fortitude which to me is more exciting than generic fitness.. the kid has the head for elite sport.

Last edited:

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Unfortunately the game of league requires more than just general fitness. He’s also only 18/19, so let’s not get too excited. And where does he play.. do we bench ken or Fusitua?

Let’s be real, he’s not going to get a look in unless there’s 2-3 injuries. He’s an exciting prospect sure but this kid is minimum 2-3years away. One thing this consistent push does show is mental fortitude which to me is more exciting than fitness.. the kid has the head for elite sport.
I say if he is putting in the hard yards and the coaches think he can do the job, then drop who ever it is that's not going as hard, ponga got given a crack and he hasn't looked to bad.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
The most impressive part? Looks like he's right ahead of RTS, a noted hard trainer. I'm excited for him to get a shot. Surely either himself, Tane or Fusitua can force Kata out of the centres this year ...
Seems a bit premature to elevate him this soon doesn't it? No doubting he's an amazing prospect but he's fresh out of college rugby. He'd struggle to keep up in reserve grade I would say let alone the NRL.

Who was the last kid to do it straight from 1st XV? Isaiah Papali'i???

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
You’d put a unproven 18 year old over a kiwis winger and the reigning nrl lead try scorer? Cmon mate. That’s just simply not going to happen.
It's just a game mate, if he has proven himself to the coaches then hell yeah,

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 5, 2017
Seems a bit premature to elevate him this soon doesn't it? No doubting he's an amazing prospect but he's fresh out of college rugby. He'd struggle to keep up in reserve grade I would say let alone the NRL.

Who was the last kid to do it straight from 1st XV? Isaiah Papali'i???
Isaiah went to u20s first then later in the season went to reserve grade.

Interesting Tom Ale has done the exact same thing last year as well following on Isaiah heels and probably playing even more reserve games.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Unfortunately the game of league requires more than just general fitness.
Those west coast sand dunes are a bit more than general fitness mate, they are genuine gut busters where things are hurting that you even didn't know you had. If this kid is leading RTS he has genuine ticker, and is a hungry bastard as well. All he needs now is a bit of direction. I hope he is selected in the reserves because I will be sitting down ready for that game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Upcoming Match

Canberra Raiders GIO Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

20 Sep

5.7 Total Avg Rating
5.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings