Separate names with a comma.
Current Juniors & Res. Grade Players item created by mt.wellington, Nov 12, 2018
Is there a chance of him in first grade next year you reckon or to soon?
You would think it's too soon unless he absolutely carves up ISP.
SK has some interesting decisions to make. Both he and Fus have both already stated that centre is Fus' best future position so depending on when that happens (can't see it happening next year after the season Fus had) this guy could put himself in the running for a wing spot along with Soosemea.
Left centre for sure. Or backup winger/fullback
Great start with off field feedback being positive with no "dickhead" "expects everything on a platter" type shit.
Which number is he? 4 or 5?
I assumed "4".
Would like to see Hayze and this fella be right around the squad for pre season, not sure how they are planning to make all these backs fit over the next couple of years atm. Hayze seems more a fullback/running 6, Green and RTS have him covered. Wing spots sorted, Ken to second row now after he actually looks like a first grade winger would be fucked, wouldn't put it past SK though..
Then you have Tavita Harris. Lino might be off to Ozzy, they like him over there, with teams like the knight's, Cowboys, Manly and Raiders having openings in the halves he'd be silly to turn them down.
Already excited for next season!!
He's number 4 but happy to take 5 too.
He looks reasonably solid but does anyone know how big he is? Ref, have you watched this kid before?
Latrell Mitchells natural size helped him into first grade at 18, similar too with Papali'i whose a nugget.
If he has the size and strength to hold his own against grown men he could potentially force his way into the side on natural ability.
More interested now though in whether he can defend, that's the big step up from here.
Kata must really give me the shits to be on here hoping and praying like hell this 18 year old kid is a Ponga clone lol.
What colour is the sky on your planet dude...
Yeah, it's a bit of a puzzle. But in all fairness, if you look at the first grade squad, it's not hard to see a few openings in the next few years. Lets not forget how young these kids are and how low the success rate is. If we get one guy the level of Fus or SJ out of all of these kids, we'll be doing well.
1. RTS - Pretty much has the spot for as long as he wants it
2. Fus - Same for Fus, although he's got his eyes on being a centre so it opens up a wing spot potentially.
3. Hiku - got him cheap and I see him as something of a stopgap / fortunate pick up. Great at putting Fus away, but can't defend for shit. If any of these kids can tackle, this is an open spot.
4. Kata - ... given the choice, I'd ship him off now. You'd barely lose anything with a rookie considering Sol still makes a ton of stupid rookie errors and can't really even pass.
5. Maumalo - Ken is a really interesting one as his form dictates that his spot should be safe, but he could also be an absolute weapon in the 2nd row. But still - would you really want a backline with RTS, Fus and a couple of teenagers? I think he will be there for at least 2-3 more years.
??. Beale - just fucking useless tbh. Okay defence and the worst hands this side of Sam Burgess. Apart from being good cover, he's been a bust and I wouldn't be hurt if we managed to offload him.
Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
Look at that Fijian lad go!
There's no substitute for pure speed.
Can't wait to see him play.
Better go learn his name I suppose.
He seems to be up the front in most the running photos we have seen so far this preseason
I would like to see how he goes in one of the trial games, ill definitely be going to the one up here in Whangarei, against the Tigers aint it?
So that's his name......
Can we just call him sele?
I’m going with “Rav”
Judging from instagram most of his mates call him stino.
Much easier than the Fijian kid or his full name
Can we play him in the centres? Then we could call him Rav 4.