General Secret Auction Draft (Game Thread)

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Hi those who enjoyed the last three game threads we ran last off season. And any other interested forum member.

This off season will run two games. One will run over the christmas and new years. It will be a secret auction draft. Am thinking it might be test players from the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. I haven't decided on the eligible time frame yet.

Am going to learn a lesson from the general manager game and not announce or discuss the detailed rules until we have the sign ups complete as I think some potential sign ups got scared off by length of rules. It turned out to be fantastic fun.

Sign ups are open now and will close around say December 1 midnight. And will look to get the game going Saturday Dec 12.

Thanks

Wrighty

Last edited:

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Tentatively yes

Reactions: wrighty

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
I’d consider it if I can understand the rules. The last one was completely impenetrable to me.

If I’m in you might have to chat amongst yourselves while you wait for my answer, I’m night to your day
I was in the same boat as you, reading the rules was like WTF, but they became basic to understand once the game started.
Just remember, no question is a dumb question.

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
I’d consider it if I can understand the rules. The last one was completely impenetrable to me.

If I’m in you might have to chat amongst yourselves while you wait for my answer, I’m night to your day
You're marked down as in. You can graciously withdraw if the rules make no sense to you. I will not be posting the rules until after the sign up deadline. The rules of the last one scared off lots of people so I simply won't be sharing them until dudes have signed up.
I promise you two things
1) One you start playing everything will seem intuitive and common sense
2) The rules will be significantly shorter this time as this game although fascinating is easier to administer,

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Tentatively yes
I will mark you down as yes and you can withdraw any day before the start day. Cheers. You will enjoy this TajHay and with your strong player knowledge and strategy skills would put you as an early favourite to win. Thanks.

Reactions: tajhay

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
I’m in, great fun and highly recommend
This post is most meant light heartedly and to pull your leg so please laugh along with me.
I do not have you as an early favourite in this game Wizards as the game will involve shrewd management of a budget/war chest. Given the fact you spent $500K on TRex of all people in the last game - well yeah... you are at long odds to win at this stage. LOL. Just jokes.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
This post is most meant light heartedly and to pull your leg so please laugh along with me.
I do not have you as an early favourite in this game Wizards as the game will involve shrewd management of a budget/war chest. Given the fact you spent $500K on TRex of all people in the last game - well yeah... you are at long odds to win at this stage. LOL. Just jokes.
Hey Wrighty,

Ahead of the curve... look at the Warriors going for size with our recruitment this year 💪. It’s not about the individual players, it’s about the overall team strategy 🤓.

Anyway, hows the the underarm cricket ball Ricky donated to you? I hear it’s a real feature in your Warriors trophy cabinet, seen as its so bare!

Ricky seems to think the argument that erupted over it last year between your Kiwi and Aussie players has resulted in the Warriors recruiting all non Kiwis for next year mate, so some good came out of it 😉.

Just an update on my team. As you will remember we went for the most marketable team in world sport, with grand plans to quit the NRL and tour the world. With Covid, our strategy was exposed but in the finest tradition of our good US supporter, Mr Trump, we’re taking the view that it was everyone else’s fault! We’re been in touch with the Wolfpack management for advice on coming back bigger and stronger this season and have tentatively make enquires with SBW about throwing all out cap at him...

Last edited:
Reactions: Off The Bench

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Hey Wrighty,

Ahead of the curve... look at the Warriors going for size with our recruitment this year 💪. It’s not about the individual players, it’s about the overall team strategy 🤓.

Anyway, hows the the underarm cricket ball Ricky donated to you? I hear it’s a real feature in your Warriors trophy cabinet, seen as its so bare!

Ricky seems to think the argument that erupted over it last year between your Kiwi and Aussie players has resulted in the Warriors recruiting all non Kiwis for next year mate, so some good came out of it 😉.

Just an update on my team. As you will remember we went for the most marketable team in world sport, with grand plans to quit the NRL and tour the world. With Covid, our strategy was exposed but in the finest tradition of our good US supporter, Mr Trump, we’re taking the view that it was everyone else’s fault! We’re been in touch with the Wolfpack management for advice on coming back bigger and stronger this season and have tentatively make enquires with SBW about throwing all out cap at him...
Lol
Very funny response :)

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings