Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MrFrankWhite MrFrankWhite, what do you think should be the way ahead? Small fission or fusion reactors? Is Australia looking at either?
Massive fission. Fucking everywhere. Then small, then micro.

Australia is currently too gutless. Again useless Greens sneaking in and banning it when everyone was asleep at the wheel. Australia has the 3rd largest uranium deposit. We could mine, process, enrich and then store used fuel from other countries. This loop would earn trillions making Australia wealthier than oil nations.

The biggest issues for me is the thought given to the transition periods, the costs, the consequences on other areas of any policy made and whether its actually going to achieve any net gain or if its just a nice headline.

I mean having to import inferior coal from Indonesia is a perfect example
That’s the case in many areas in NZ. Best cuts of meat and fish go overseas as does best quality fruit and vegetables. Money talks.

the ones that have been saying they should be contributing more.
Oh you mean the 96 who came out in the media earlier - have you been keeping tabs on their political and charity donations.
Yes Ian Taylor was a huge fan of the Labour Government.

What we actually saw was record donations from the wealthy to National ACT and NZF ensure the status quo remains in place - which ironically just illustrates why something probably needs to change.

Meanwhile our resident forum idiot thinks Labour got voted out because of a rejection of the political elite.

That’s the case in many areas in NZ. Best cuts of meat and fish go overseas as does best quality fruit and vegetables. Money talks.
And then there was the absolutely stupid decision with the Marsden Point refinery when it was decided that it would process a grade of oil different to what we have in NZ. We ended up having to import oil while exporting our own. DUH!!!

That changes the whole argument as I’m not sure much of that 1% are the ones offering to contribute more
Does it? I was replying initially to your post that wealthy people are saying they want to contribute more. There are avenues for them to do that.

Oh you mean the 96 who came out in the media earlier - have you been keeping tabs on their political and charity donations.
Yes Ian Taylor was a huge fan of the Labour Government.

What we actually saw was record donations from the wealthy to National ACT and NZF ensure the status quo remains in place - which ironically just illustrates why something probably needs to change.

Meanwhile our resident forum idiot thinks Labour got voted out because of a rejection of the political elite.
The Status quo? Labour werent going to change anything?

I was referring to the original post that said some wealthy people had indicated they wanted to pay more tax. If that's the 96 then yes

Perhaps those who donated could also see the dire state the country is in and wanted to help ensure we got back on track

Last edited:
Massive fission. Fucking everywhere. Then small, then micro.

Australia is currently too gutless. Again useless Greens sneaking in and banning it when everyone was asleep at the wheel. Australia has the 3rd largest uranium deposit. We could mine, process, enrich and then store used fuel from other countries. This loop would earn trillions making Australia wealthier than oil nations.
I thought environmentally, fusion would be better. Is the technology still to far away and the equipment/infrastructure to expensive?

Yes I'm sure Bayleys Real Estate & the Chow Brothers etc etc donated to the National Party because of a deep concern about the dire state of the country... FMD.
I'm glad you have an intimate knowledge of their thoughts and feelings. There are obviously instances of self interest in donations across all parties.

Back to the original point, if people want to contribute more than they currently are, they can. The City Mission is a good place to start. Or Gumboot Friday. To name a couple of good options.

I'm glad you have an intimate knowledge of their thoughts and feelings. There are obviously instances of self interest in donations across all parties.

Back to the original point, if people want to contribute more than they currently are, they can. The City Mission is a good place to start. Or Gumboot Friday. To name a couple of good options.
I'm glad you have an intimate knowledge of the thoughts and feelings of the "virtue signalling wealthy 1%"...

Donating to charities doesn't actually solve the systematic inequalities though does it.

I'm glad you have an intimate knowledge of the thoughts and feelings of the "virtue signalling wealthy 1%"...

Donating to charities doesn't actually solve the systematic inequalities though does it.
Cool, again, for those who want to contribute more, they can.

yup, nothing like a leftie to make it personal.
1697414419511.jpeg

Back