Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watching q and a, winston peters is an absolute embarrassment. Sounds like an old man that has no idea of his policies.
He's surely going to start sounding senile like Biden or Trump soon. He's already saying silly sound bites like Trump. Mind you he's been doing that since the 90s. Surprised he can keep up with the crap he sprouts to be honest.

My main concern is there is a bit of discontent from covid. A lot turned off Labour and likely already don't like National. If they vote or want to make a difference their votes have to go somewhere. Hopefully not too many seeing Peters or Tamaki as the people to take care of their issues.

Two professional grifters right there.

He doesn't need to know any policies, he's a populist and unfortunately that seems to be the type of politician we know and love.

The last 15 years of election cycles have taught us that and we never seem to learn the lesson
Turned it into nothing but a freakshow, he’s trying to appeal to a dying type of voter and the sooner they’re gone the better. Embarrassing

I drove to Hamilton (from Auckland) and back yesterday to meet family to take the kids away for a week during the school holidays.

The new expressway that was touted as great infrastructure and reducing travel times. Both directions had a few section where it was reduced to one lane with long queues. Going North they have a section dug up so you get re-directed to the other side of the road which is the reason for the South bound lanes being down to one for that particular section.

It seems like there is constant road works on that road. I understand maintenance but it is new and even then the amount of traffic they would have had the last few years would have been reduced due to covid.

The dug out section North bound was empty with one digger sitting there and no one working. Surely a road with this amount of traffic they'd have crews working over the weekend on overtime rates. The Auckland motorways are often working overnight.

We went over previously about the shocking state of our roads, what they are made of and the amount of maintenance required. This stretch is got a lot of patched up sections.

A lot of talk on infrastructure the last few years. Who ever builds it better do it properly.

Been a while since I’ve seen such a shameful display. Caught red handed and had no way to explain his way out so hurled insults. The final threat of the show was sad.

Been a while since I’ve seen such a shameful display. Caught red handed and had no way to explain his way out so hurled insults. The final threat of the show was sad.
Just been watching the Q and A program and Newshub program.
I am gradually crossing off my list of possibles and next we have Mark Mitchell. X

Jeff Bell cartoon for September 30, 2023.

Watching q and a, winston peters is an absolute embarrassment. Sounds like an old man that has no idea of his policies.
Heyzeuss spare me, I have always regarded him as an idiot since I first met him 40 years ago.

That interview was just a complete melt down, Jack Tame worked him over like a prize fighter.

However ladies and jellybeans, on another place I visit some are already blaming Jack Tame for upsetting him.

This fecker could hold the balance of power.

That interview was just a complete melt down, Jack Tame worked him over like a prize fighter.
Jack Tame did a great job of highlighting all that’s wrong with the system we’ve currently got, Peters early in the labour/greens/nzfirst coalition gave impressions supporting a cogovernance setting but since receiving some sizeable donations-now sees it as “apartheid”. He certainly came off second best against Rebecca Wright yesterday also so all and all it’s been a poor weekend for him. Doesn’t seem to be able to cope that he can’t get under their skin, to threaten the the format of the show when he gets into government was one of the most telling comments from a politician I’ve seen. Was quite shocked as I think Tame was.

Doesn’t seem to be able to cope that he can’t get under their skin, to threaten the the format of the show when he gets into government was one of the most telling comments from a politician I’ve seen. Was quite shocked as I think Tame was.
An appeal to the conspiracy fringe who believe the media is currently paid off by the Labour Party.

Anyone else a bit worried about what happens when the new govt start going for the gangs and banning patches etc? I'm all for smashing organised crime and breaking their networks, but there's a lot of illegal firearms out there, hope it doesn't descend into a Mexican style bloodbath.

Last edited:
Back