General SBW wanted to captain Brisbane expansion side

LordGnome_old

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4705119/SBW-wanted-to-captain-Brisbane-expansion-side/

The bid director for a second Brisbane team wants Sonny Bill Williams to captain his potential side.
One of the agendas for the incoming independent commission will be to investigate the merits of expanding the 16 team competition, possibly as early as 2013.
And bid head Craig Davison isn't ruling out attracting Wayne Bennett and the All Black centre to head up his expansion side.
Williams, has hinted he'd like to return rugby league in the future.
"Sonny Bill is a great footballer and he's been offered something like $2 million a year by French and Japanese rugby clubs," said Davison who spoke passionately at Suncorp Stadium on Monday about the impact their bid would have on rugby league at grass roots and in fighting off the AFL threat.
"We'd be very interested in talking to Sonny Bill but only if his price was relative to what we can afford.
"If he wants a million dollars, then he'll have to go to France.
"But it's not always about money.
"If he was available and interested he'd definitely be on our hit list.
A successful businessman, Davison hopes the NRL will agree the time is right for Brisbane to welcome another team playing out of Suncorp Stadium.
"Brisbane's been ready to go for a number of years," said Davison.
"You've got this wonderful market in Queensland with three million people in South East Queensland and you've only got two teams; you look at the Sydney market and you've got nine teams within that area.
"That's an issue that has to be resolved over the years by the commission, and we'll have nothing to do with that, but the reality is, if you look at the Brisbane market, it is ripe, ready to go."
The consortium, which also includes meat mogul Bill Rae and Nicholas Livermore whose father Ross is managing director of the QRL, believes it can sell its local derby with the Brisbane Broncos as the NRL's club version of State of Origin.

a.c.e_old

Oh great another team Sonny will be linked to, take a number. Sonny to comment on this in coming week.

Fazz_old

Lol. He'll never come back to league unless the cap is raised by a HUGE amount.

LordGnome_old

It makes you wonder whether his "people" are behind all of these rumours......

Iafeta_old

Sweet. A known breaker of contracts as your leader.

Imagine the sit down interview with Danny Weidler months down the track after his runner on the Footy Show, "ahhh fullas, Choc Mundine and his boy Khodda here eh cuz they told me eh I could ahhh do a runner on you fullas and play ahhhhhh in France eh cuz... Ahhhh all about money eh cuz, even though I was paid twice more and again than you bro, I wasn't getting paid enough eh...".... "It was a real honour eh captaining the boys... eh... but love and respect don't pay the rent bro... times are tough you know bro"

Definitely the sort of leader I'd get right behind.

LordGnome_old

Sweet. A known breaker of contracts as your leader.

Imagine the sit down interview with Danny Weidler months down the track after his runner on the Footy Show, "ahhh fullas, Choc Mundine and his boy Khodda here eh cuz they told me eh I could ahhh do a runner on you fullas and play ahhhhhh in France eh cuz... Ahhhh all about money eh cuz, even though I was paid twice more and again than you bro, I wasn't getting paid enough eh...".... "It was a real honour eh captaining the boys... eh... but love and respect don't pay the rent bro... times are tough you know bro"

Definitely the sort of leader I'd get right behind.

Haha!

You didn't mention boxing or being watched by four billion people though!

a.c.e_old

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC-wMcWv2_w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

ToiletDuck_old

Yeah worst captaincy candidate ever. Sure use him as a talking point/promo for your side but why go the extra step and say 'captain'?