Internationals SAMOA Four Nations Campaign

Oh dear Uso's ... saved your worst performance of the tournament till last :(

Jennings pace has Leilua absolutely shitting his undies & his discipline is utterly abysmal, he's not alone on that front, but he's definitely the worst offender thus far

Games gone for mine, all I'm hoping for now is that the Uso's get so angry that they do us a favour & crock Smith & Inglis for us :D

Samoa has just scored 1st in the second half but I still can't see the skippies letting this game slip, would be the comeback of all comebacks if Samoa takes it from here

Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Pity the way the Samoan campaign ended but they have been fantastic during this tournament and were unlucky not to get a single win. They can definitely hold their heads high. This team more then any have helped lift the interest in International Rugby League. I hope to see them more involved in the elite level of International footy. Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and PNG really must get more exposure and pay parity with the bigger nations...

Danpatmac

of course, but the shoddy ref decisions really upset some of the players, causing dumb penalties and terrible decision making.

In all honesty i think the dumb decisions and penalties were well and truly from the start (leilua especially)… the bad decisions compounded bad errors and did not cause them (from my perspective).

I think the players were by far their own worst enemy rather than the ref, plus… controlling how you respond to adversity is the mark of a champion

Reactions: mt.wellington
they got penalised for a knee in the play of the ball which jump started australias first half attack. There was no knee, oz got the piggyback to score. after that samoa got frustrated and looked to leave the gameplan behind somewhat. disappointing that even before the game the media in oz were discussing which samoa players oz were going to poach for origin.

And did Cameron Smith get penalised for an attempted Chicken wing?
There was one instance I think it may have been Smith where there was a penalty for a chicken wing tackle. The ref called it as working the arm and Ray Warren commented how the tackler did touch the ball carrying arm; all while the replay showed the ball carrier getting his arm not carrying the ball wrenched backwards. Thankfully Peter Sterling call him out on it.

Pity the score blew out in this game. Near the end Australia was leading by 14 points, wasn't brought up by the commentators but I beleive that would have had them even with England on for and against. I was really hoping Samoa could manage to score again at that point.

Reactions: eudebrito

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Personally i thought it was a pretty boring game and really switched off towards the end. The english reffed game was notable for being a clean fast paced game and the Aussie game for being a NSW slow play bludger version of the same thing.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Fittler (or johns I can’t tell their voices apart sometimes) said at one point the samoan ruck speed is really slow as well, but aus aren’t getting penalised as they are much more clinical at slowing it.
More clinical than Leluia just shoving the player back into the ground anyway.

Once they were up 10 – 0, just seemed like it was over, was just hoping for some high shots.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay
Fittler (or johns I can’t tell their voices apart sometimes) said at one point the samoan ruck speed is really slow as well, but aus aren’t getting penalised as they are much more clinical at slowing it.
More clinical than Leluia just shoving the player back into the ground anyway.

Once they were up 10 – 0, just seemed like it was over, was just hoping for some high shots.
Masoe tried his best on Cronk.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Sorry, found this funny...
10487298_744823785605385_8122607793583691098_n.jpg