Player Sam Tomkins

Sam has always had issues with the piss. I remember seeing him off his rocket in town and that was the night before his club debut at the Auckland 9s. Next day he was pulled because of a stomach bug or some lame cover up like that.
He had only just arrived at that stage; probably only had a week or two training with the side. That is worth mentioning as he has been vocal about the professionalism at the club. We all know that wasn't at the level it should have been but a few posters have mentioned incidents like you have mentioned above or things where he wasn't as professional as you would expect for such a high profile signing.

He has been subtle about the clubs professionalism or handling of his knee injury. Those players he was criticising of being unprofessional he sure depended on as being tackled he looked like an under 17s player playing in a mens grade.

Sam has always had issues with the piss. I remember seeing him off his rocket in town and that was the night before his club debut at the Auckland 9s. Next day he was pulled because of a stomach bug or some lame cover up like that.
I could be wrong but I’m sure that was his 2nd season here - 2015 Auckland 9’s

Aside from not leaving, does Sam really do much? Looks like his douche sack brother is a clown but Sam stands there like an inebriated pussy without doing much.

And that accent is horrible.
I think its him trying to go behind the bar, but u can see genuine fear and regret when she starts to threaten their careers. Looks to me like Sam is a drunken idiot, while Joel is a bit worse, a bit dangerous, and a bit more to fear. Almost looks like Sam wants to drag him out but knows his skinny butterfly legs are no match for his hooligan brother. Was always a Sam fan. Not too much now tho

Gotta disagree with you there Sup42 Sup42 . I know you like the guy but thats inexcusable. When you are told to leave you should do exactly that. Trying to go around the bar to pour yourself a beer should not be your next course of action. Take the blinders off...
Nah he's a dick bro and that behavior is inexcusable.

cant believe your having a go at the bar staff. these guys deserved to be in cells, not given a slap on the wrist. They were asked to leave and didnt, after that they had no rights, and no justification.
Totally agree with both of you that it is not the Bar Staffs fault and I thought I made it pretty clear but re reading my post the opening sentence is where I cocked up....Saying that the Barmaid was provoking that situation I should have made it clear she wasn't the cause nor could do much if anything to prevent it unfolding.

What I was trying to say is that once those dicks were out of control and not listening you have a critical incident on your hands....a security crisis (that was a very high risk criminal acting out in that example, if could have become very explosive.

The last thing you want to do when you have people out of control is to confront them and pour petrol onto a fire.

I was looking at the way the crisis was being handled rather than meaning to blame the Bar Staff for starting it...they were not at fault whatsoever...

Occupational hazard of mine to look at situations that kick off and decide when to say something and what to say....if anything.

Looking at that incident once he pushed his way in you are dealing with very real danger...there are no boundaries. Threatening a couple of pissed thugs like that with ruining their Careers or whatever is crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: mt.wellington
Two pissed muppets at the Rovers. Joel "The Asshole of Wigan" Tompkins is lucky he wasn't locked up but to be fair the old bloke should be arrested for that wig.

Both knackered from the minute they were captured on that phone.

In days gone by with no video evidence to hang them with they may have got away with it by claiming the hollow legs defence, I.e. There isn't enough lager in Wigan to get us both drunk

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death