General Sam Rapira Joins As 18th Man

sebastian_old

The juinor kiwis prop Sam Rapira will join as 18th man when the warriors take on the eels at Waikato Stadium. Surley this is a polite way of dropping Lauaki.

scottyb_old

lets hope when he does get on the field, he add's a bit more spark than luaki does

mosh_old

Well I doubt it, this is a polite way to mock a youngster and tease him and make him believe he is going to get a game.

Becs_old

It will do him well just being there and being part of the team. Maybe someone is carrying an injury also and hes on standby if they are not fit by Sat night.

Wiki_old

Not meaning any disrespect for Tuakura but Rapira seems the best option for prop at the moment. Regardless of skill between the two it makes sense to breed the young guy doesn't it?

I mean we could bring Tuakura in for a few seasons or we could fast track Rapira and he could be here for ten seasons ...

I hope Hame is dropped for Sam.

L N_old

development is the key
rapira is the future
tuakura will be the journey men
like with villa going he will fill that void
but development of fringe players is what is crucial to the survivial of our club being competitive
lauaki, has the physical ability, but looks to lack the mental edge which is a vital cog to have, to futher progress into a consistent professional player

KeepingTheFaith_old

Rapira has to come first. Tuakura wouldn't be around for much longer than Wiki and Price. We can't afford to lose all 3 and then decide to blood young props all at once.

Jesbass_old

scottyb said:
lets hope when he does get on the field, he add's a bit more spark than luaki does

Not sure what that 'when' is doing in that sentence, scottyb. The 18th man travels to every match, and only plays if injury forces someone out.

scottyb_old

i was meaning "WHEN" as in whenever he get's a game, whether it be this week, next week or whenever. i know what the 18th man is jess lol

Jesbass_old

scottyb said:
i was meaning "WHEN" as in whenever he get's a game, whether it be this week, next week or whenever. i know what the 18th man is jess lol

Oh! Lol! :lol:

mosh_old

He wont get any game time or be developed so the clowns who are under the impression that he will or "He will benefit from being taken all the way to Hamilton, watch dropkicks like Lauaki who is inferior to him run on and be shite" Will make him a better player - yeah right.

JonB_old

Could Cleary be being tricky like old Ando and slip Sammy in at the final hour before kick off?

warriors4life_old

I hope he gets a run and a good game time so he can hold his spot on the bench for the season. There is no substitute for experience.

JonB_old

warriors4life said:
I hope he gets a run and a good game time so he can hold his spot on the bench for the season. There is no substitute for experience.

True that, brute stength isn't a bad subsitute on a league feild.