• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
remote (7).png

Player Sam Healey

Date of Birth
Jul 30, 2002
Birth Location
Pontefract, England
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
  2. 🇬🇧 England
Height (cm)
186 cm
Weight (kg)
89 kg
Position/s
  1. Hooker
Signed From
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Junior Club/s
Engadine Dragons
Previous Club/s
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, Newtown Jets
Status
Active
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/samuel-healey/summary.html
NZWarriors.com

Sharks hooker Healey signed

AuthorRichard Becht & warriors.kiwi
Timestamp Fri 20 Sep 2024, 09:59 am

Highly-promising Cronulla Sutherland hooker Sam Healey has been signed by the One New Zealand Warriors on a three-year contract to the end of the 2027 NRL season.
The 21-year-old has come through the grades with the Sharks, establishing himself in the New South Wales Cup with 36 games for feeder club Newtown since last season.

1726792312103.png

“Sam is a really promising young dummy half and a player we’ve identified as someone with tremendous upside,” said One New Zealand Warriors general manager recruitment, pathways and development Andrew McFadden.
“He comes to us from a really proud rugby league family and we’re excited about how Sam can develop here within our programme.”
Father Mitch Healey is a Sharks great, ranked fifth for most games for club with 222 – mainly in the halves – from 1989-2000. Sam was born in Pontefract while his father was finishing his playing career with the Castleford Tigers in the Super League from 2001-2003.
"Sam is a really promising young dummy half and a player we’ve identified as someone with tremendous upside"
Andrew McFadden - One New Zealand Warriors general manager recruitment, pathways and development
Healey junior lines up for the Jets for the 25th time this season when they face Canberra tomorrow for a place in the NSW Cup grand final against the North Sydney Bears.
“I can’t wait to get over. Immediately when talking to the club it was clear they had a really clear direction and that certainly appealed to me,” said Healey.
“I’m excited to hit the ground running, getting together with the boys and learning under the coaching staff.”
In his 24 NSW Cup appearances this year Healey has scored eight tries and averaged 56 metres and 23 tackles a game with 60 tackle breaks, four try assists, four line break assists and 21 off loads.
He started his Sharks career in the Harold Matthews Cup (under-17) competition in 2018 before progressing through SG Ball Cup (under-19) and Jersey Flegg Cup (under-21) en route to reserve grade.

Profile | Sam Healey

Born: July 30, 2002
Birthplace: Pontefract. England
Junior club: Engadine Dragons (NSW)
Current clubs: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, Newtown Jets
Position: Hooker
Height: 186cm
Weight: 89kg
NRL debut: Yet to make debut
New South Wales Cup career: Newtown Jets (2023-2024)
New South Wales Cup appearances: 36
New South Wales Cup points: 52 (13 tries)
Jersey Flegg Cup career: Cronulla Sutherland Sharks (2021-2023)
Jersey Flegg Cup appearances: 37
Jersey Flegg Cup points: 40 (10 tries)

Last edited:
He could be one of those plkayers in a few years that may have a choice of international teams ... Australia (residency and parents), NZ (residency - if he stays here for 3 years) ? or England (born there whilst Dad was playing).

I do like it when Aussies come here as they can spread the news to former team mates that NZ is a good place to live e.g Price to Tate.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Back