General Ryan Vs Ff And Origins Of The Forum

Ryan

Ryan

Heritage Member
Cameron Smith has a lot to answer for, he has a whole generation of league supporters thinking hookers need to be some sort of attacking geniuses...hooker is and always has been a very basic position, played by hard little bastards who defend like demons and can pass the ball to whoever is calling for it, if they bring other talents to the position thats just a bonus.
Can you elaborate on why you think Smith is an attacking genius? I mean, does he rank in any of those stats we consider to be the benchmark of "attacking geniuses" (i.e. line-break assists, line breaks, kick try assists, etc.)?

facefacts

Can you elaborate on why you think Smith is an attacking genius? I mean, does he rank in any of those stats we consider to be the benchmark of "attacking geniuses" (i.e. line-break assists, line breaks, kick try assists, etc.)?

I think you're seeing things in my post that aren't there, nowhere did i say i believe he's an attacking genius, although he is a very intelligent player and quite skillful...but you go ahead and list all the reasons why you think he's not an attacking genius, as i'm sure thats what you are building up to, so please enlighten us.

Reactions: 1 user
Ryan

Ryan

Heritage Member
I think you're seeing things in my post that aren't there, nowhere did i say i believe he's an attacking genius

You didn't say it directly, but the implication the below quote is pretty clear to me.

Cameron Smith has a lot to answer for, he has a whole generation of league supporters thinking hookers need to be some sort of attacking geniuses...

but you go ahead and list all the reasons why you think he's not an attacking genius, as i'm sure thats what you are building up to, so please enlighten us.

That isn't what I planning at all. I simply thought it was an odd statement to make about Smith, being responsible for the average "league fans" expectations of an "attacking" hooker. Perhaps you're confusing Smith with someone like Farah.

What is doubly odd about your original statement regarding Smith is that he (Smith) is the epitome of "played by hard little bastards who defend like demons and can pass the ball to whoever is calling for it". Most would agree this is why is so highly rated, because he plays the position exactly like it should be.

facefacts

You didn't say it directly, but the implication the below quote is pretty clear to me.

That isn't what I planning at all. I simply thought it was an odd statement to make about Smith, being responsible for the average "league fans" expectations of an "attacking" hooker. Perhaps you're confusing Smith with someone like Farah.

What is doubly odd about your original statement regarding Smith is that he (Smith) is the epitome of "played by hard little bastards who defend like demons and can pass the ball to whoever is calling for it". Most would agree this is why is so highly rated, because he plays the position exactly like it should be.

You're somehow arguing that you know what i was thinking and articulating better than i do?......hahaha, i think any further discussion with you will be a waste of your time, and most definitely a waste of mine so...bubye.

Ryan

Ryan

Heritage Member
You're somehow arguing that you know what i was thinking and articulating better than i do?......hahaha, i think any further discussion with you will be a waste of your time, and most definitely a waste of mine so...bubye.

Laughs! Only you could make such a meal of this. Your response accuses my thought process of misunderstanding your thought process all whilst addressing none of the points raised. Classic Ad hominem.

Oh, and by the way, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Lance155

Lance155

Laughs! Only you could make such a meal of this. Your response accuses my thought process of misunderstanding your thought process all whilst addressing none of the points raised. Classic Ad hominem.

Oh, and by the way, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ryan grow up mate. your picking at nothing and pretty much creating an arguement with yourself...but hey, at least you will win

Ryan

Ryan

Heritage Member
Ryan grow up mate. your picking at nothing and pretty much creating an arguement with yourself...but hey, at least you will win

I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read his statement regarding Smith as it was utterly back-to-front. Instead of having a crack at facefacts, I invited him to explain his statement by asking a perfectly legitimate question, only to have him chuck a bunch of ad homs at me and run away as soon as the situation had escalated beyond his abilty to cope with. If anything, with his "high and mighty" attitude around here, he invites his opinions to be questioned.

Reactions: 1 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I kinda think Ryan has accepted a challenge thrown out by facefacts many times in the past couple of hours. He has consistantly accused all but himself of being uneducated heathens with no clue about the game, and too uncouth to bow in his presence. I have lost count of how many times in the past week he has put across his opinion that anyone else on here with an opinion is just spewing out regurgitated clueless twaddle, while he is the only one able to comprehend the real requirements of the sport.

Lance155

Lance155

I think you mean you asked a question about a statement he didn't make and that you are now sulking because he took the high road while you remain stuck in the gutter

I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read his statement regarding Smith as it was utterly back-to-front. Instead of having a crack at facefacts, I invited him to explain his statement by asking a perfectly legitimate question, only to have him chuck a bunch of ad homs at me and run away as soon as the situation had escalated beyond his abilty to cope with. If anything, with his "high and mighty" attitude around here, he invites his opinions to be questioned.

facefacts

Careful mate, he'll start wielding his e-peen around like a little sword and ban your ass....i'm willing to bet we'd get our accounts suspended if we told him to fuck off...two set's of rules and all.

Ryan

Ryan

Heritage Member
Careful mate, he'll start wielding his e-peen around like a little sword and ban your ass....i'm willing to bet we'd get our accounts suspended if we told him to fuck off...two set's of rules and all.
I don't have any moderation powers. There's nothing wrong with telling people to "fuck off" as we are all grown ups here. Character attacks are a different story though and will be moderated (by the moderators).

Lance155

Lance155

Oh but he is a 'heritage player' which is internet speak for has nothing better to do offline

Lance155

Lance155

I don't have any moderation powers. There's nothing wrong with telling people to "fuck off" as we are all grown ups here. Character attacks are a different story though and will be moderated (by the moderators).

I like how you are talking about being grown up while telling people to fuck off...well played. Idiot

Ryan

Ryan

Heritage Member
I think you mean you asked a question about a statement he didn't make and that you are now sulking because he took the high road while you remain stuck in the gutter
He made a statement which I felt was confusing and I invited him to explain himself, first and foremost. There was only one person running away from that and because of his denigration of the community in general, there's no way I'm gonna let that shit slide.

Ryan

Ryan

Heritage Member
I kinda think Ryan has accepted a challenge thrown out by facefacts many times in the past couple of hours. He has consistantly accused all but himself of being uneducated heathens with no clue about the game, and too uncouth to bow in his presence. I have lost count of how many times in the past week he has put across his opinion that anyone else on here with an opinion is just spewing out regurgitated clueless twaddle, while he is the only one able to comprehend the real requirements of the sport.
Most definitely. But this goes for everyone here (including myself). If someone wants to be a part of this community and throw their weight around in heavy handed manner, they must be prepared to back up their claims/statements/opinions or whatever.

fanrrior

fanrrior

I know Nigmah doesn't like me talking about fallacies, but I can't help it. > : - )

Ad hominem = to attack the the arguer rather than the argument.

Sorry :(

PolarBob

PolarBob

Oh but he is a 'heritage player' which is internet speak for has nothing better to do offline

Heritage Member. A nod to a few posters from the old site, nothing more. Doesn't relate to genuine status or what is done offline.

But cheers, man. Feel free to include those not involved in the argument with the same tag, ay?

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator

Well, he isn't a moderator. And there aren't two sets of rules. There have also been only 2 people banned in the history of this site, so it's not as though it's a common occurrence...

Dude you've been here 3 days, put that shit away.

And before anyone accuses me of taking sides - I'm happy to see this out as the 2 guys involved have been around a while. Then, as the latter parts aren't exactly Warriors signings/rumour mill or league related, might move it elsewhere. Does that sound fair?