Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Always rated Rusty and will be sad to see him go.
The problem that I see is that a new broom has hit the Warriors and will not stand for their lax attitudes and lack of work ethic.
This has upset a few of the boys but so be it.
Many players do not reach their full potential until they move away from their mates and get told earn your pay here.

lolcaeks

lolcaeks

To take a famous quote from the man himself regarding his departure

"......When you gotta go, you gotta go..."​

R Packer 2013

Acdn3newsconz 3news AM 2013 6 4 300172 packer

Reactions: Est95
Jeff Hardy

Jeff Hardy

I'm personally happy to see Packer go, his work ethic this past season has been bloody appalling . He must be coming in at least @ 125kgs. We are not going to miss him.

Moz

Moz

Go hard Rusty listen to the old man, elevate your game to the next level for whatever reason it wasn't happening here.... then rip shit up for the Kiwis, chur big boy

Reactions: Defence
Mr. Muller

Mr. Muller

Good luck to big Rusty at the Knights. If his attitude improves, Bennett along with senior players will have him playing at his best again. All the best Package!!

Reactions: bb
mode81

mode81

I'm surprised Packer's only accumulated the amount of games in the NRL he has in a few years but circumstances like injury and bad form at times have intervened but he's been with us since he was a teen so a change of scenery and new start under the master Bennett will be refreshing for Rusty, he's only a young fella so he will mature as a player and person in a few years over there in Oz.

Packer has his critics and rightly so for whatever reasons but he always played tough for us, passionate, vocal with some real determination when fit and firing, a fearsome prop when in form and motivated, he has time on his hands to be up there with the likes of the Fifita's and Hargreaves of the world, young bulls making statements.

Packer is one of the best to come out of our system and one of the best from the early days of the Holden Cup went on to contribute to our seniors making the grand final in 2011 apart of the fab 4 prop rotation of that year so I thank him for his contribution and service, it hasn't always been smooth sailing here but I guess this move will benefit him and eventually the Kiwis, best of luck mate.

slaughterhouse.sa

I'm surprised Packer's only accumulated the amount of games in the NRL he has in a few years but circumstances like injury and bad form at times have intervened but he's been with us since he was a teen so a change of scenery and new start under the master Bennett will be refreshing for Rusty, he's only a young fella so he will mature as a player and person in a few years over there in Oz.

Packer has his critics and rightly so for whatever reasons but he always played tough for us, passionate, vocal with some real determination when fit and firing, a fearsome prop when in form and motivated, he has time on his hands to be up there with the likes of the Fifita's and Hargreaves of the world, young bulls making statements.

Packer is one of the best to come out of our system and one of the best from the early days of the Holden Cup went on to contribute to our seniors making the grand final in 2011 apart of the fab 4 prop rotation of that year so I thank him for his contribution and service, it hasn't always been smooth sailing here but I guess this move will benefit him and eventually the Kiwis, best of luck mate.

Yeah I have been critiquing him just to put the situation in perspective.
A bit of reality.

But totally agree re: this post.

Defence

Defence

how much weight did he put on though?
When Wayne goes after a Prop, they grow an extra leg, I didn't think so much of Weyman when he was at Canberra, but under Bennett he was extraordinary..

A lot of similarities with weyman- boom junior- bit of a lose unit, carried a bit of weight and had problems with injury and discipline- nek minut- Australian prop.
Reminds me of the tigers showing fafita the door too.

Reactions: OMG, edd and Weno

slaughterhouse.sa

A lot of similarities with weyman- boom junior- bit of a lose unit, carried a bit of weight and had problems with injury and discipline- nek minut- Australian prop.
Reminds me of the tigers showing fafita the door too.

Nek Minut ...crap again lol jokes.
Good point - he will come good to a degree...however he wont ever make the kiwis again imo

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Knights sign Russell Packer
Wednesday 2 October 2013 9:32 AM
Astaticnrlsportalhostingcom site  content LeadImage 00101407 leadimage

Prop Russell Packer will join the Newcastle Knights from season 2014 after signing a four-year contract with the Club.

Since making his NRL debut in 2008, Packer has played 110 games for the Warriors as well as two Tests for the Kiwis.

“We are excited to bring Russell Packer to the Club, he will certainly add power and a real point of difference to our team,” CEO Matt Gidley said.

“Russell is a young Kiwi international and will compliment our current front row stocks. His addition to our squad will also bring further confidence to the team."

The 23-year-old, who was released from the final year of his contract at the Warriors, is pleased to be joining the Knights.

“I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Warriors since joining the Club in 2007 but to have the opportunity to play at the Knights and to be coached by Wayne Bennett is special,” Packer said on Wednesday.

“I look forward to joining the Knights in the pre-season and assisting the Knights’ premiership ambitions.”

Packer and his young family will relocate to Newcastle in time for the start of pre-season in November.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Knights-sign-Russell-Packer/85416

Last edited:
Defence

Defence

Nek Minut ...crap again lol jokes.
Good point - he will come good to a degree...however he wont ever make the kiwis again imo

I'm not so sure about that although there is a lot of good young props around. Time will tell.
Gotta say I'm not real happy about it but then again.... if they're planning on spending packers money on a gun winger and moving Manu to the forwards I might reconsider.

wallacenz

wallacenz

I look at Packer and think he looks like he could be a devastating player. Newcastle will have him in his prime and I can see him being a star but I have this feeling he never would make it if he stayed here. Does anyone feel different? I cant put my finger on the reason.. maybe because they look too relaxed here like its not really about winning or they look like they are cruising

Reactions: Moz, Est95 and Gee
Sup42

Sup42

Contributor
I look at Packer and think he looks like he could be a devastating player. Newcastle will have him in his prime and I can see him being a star but I have this feeling he never would make it if he stayed here. Does anyone feel different? I cant put my finger on the reason.. maybe because they look too relaxed here like its not really about winning or they look like they are cruising
Have to agree here it is about the brotherhood.

To Quote Wayne Bennett's Tele conference call to the Kiwis on the eve of their Four nations final

" You call yourselves brothers and then you played like that against Australia at Eden park ? "

" Where is you brotherhood ? what's it worth to you ? you just made bullshit of your brotherhood "

If the Warriors had Bennett does anyone doubt they would win titles ?

Reactions: bb
Hitman82

Hitman82

I'm not so sure about that although there is a lot of good young props around. Time will tell.
Gotta say I'm not real happy about it but then again.... if they're planning on spending packers money on a gun winger and moving Manu to the forwards I might reconsider.

I honestly don't think any coach will ever move Manu.

Last edited: