General Run It Straight

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Thompson should have run straight to the defender standing in front of him and passed to Ayshford, who then could have run straight to the winger and passed to Fusitua unmarked for the dive into the corner.

Instead he heard the highlights music in his head, put on a step and swerve like SJ (just without the freak skills), and popped a pointless offload along the deck. Why make life harder for yourself than you need to.

Thompsons a good player, but he just needed to keep it simple on this play.

And yes I've just learned how to post videos. Let me know if it's getting too much.

davewjnz

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 10, 2013
Auckland
Your absolutely right , we had a 3 on 2 overlap
Probably 1 example of many
I also think there was a moment in the game with Mannering
Had he straightened up on his man and passed to SJ
SJ would have been through the gap
Was another try that went begging

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Your absolutely right , we had a 3 on 2 overlap
Probably 1 example of many
I also think there was a moment in the game with Mannering
Had he straightened up on his man and passed to SJ
SJ would have been through the gap
Was another try that went begging
Do you know the min it happened. I'll post it up as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Defence and eric

davewjnz

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 10, 2013
Auckland
65:07 minutes
Hmm re-looking at it thanks to Foran he was already running straightish?
But certainly had time to pass onto SJ who would have scored in the corner.

Reactions: jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014

It was a nice back line move.

Opposite problem to Thompson tho.

He ran straight, but running straight is pointless if you're just going to take the tackle. He might as well put on some dance moves if he's not going to pass it.;)

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

He ran straight, but running straight is pointless if you're just going to take the tackle. He might as well put on some dance moves if he's not going to pass it.;)

Ok THAT one Mannering should have passed and SJ would likely have scored.
The Bodene one was an error in the execution (poor last pass) the rest was keeping the defence in 2 minds.

Are there really enough hours in the day to list the Warriors flaws?

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Ok THAT one Mannering should have passed and SJ would likely have scored.
The Bodene one was an error in the execution (poor last pass) the rest was keeping the defence in 2 minds.

Are there really enough hours in the day to list the Warriors flaws?
Yes there are.;)

If you have any requests I'm more than happy to put a play up for you from the Eels game, that we can all have a moan about.. I call it raising the bar. There's no point give each other blow jobs after beating a bottom 8 team now is there. When we beat the sharks then I'll give them a week off to enjoy life.

But please no montages, a short vid takes me about a two minutes to pull out. But putting a clip together with all of SJ's kicks from a whole game would take a while.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Got to feel for Mannering he probably just freaked out when he looked out and saw he actually had someone in support, usually has to bash it up by himself.

Reactions: jonno

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
I dont mind the video's either. In their defence ( tho not denying both are missed oppertunities) neither Mannering or Bodene are playmakers or have the vision of playmakers......Mannering's been prone to throw some absolute shockers anyway, if he err's on the side of caution im not going to crucify him. Bodene's....we'll im sure they've done their video reviews and it's probably been highlighted.

That said you can highlight this sort of stuff in any game......from the top sides to the bottom....even the Melbourne Storm would have missed oppertunities like this (might be less than most teams but they'd still be there).

Reactions: Defence and jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
What about the one by Blake Ayshford where Jennings almost intercepted the ball. At the time I gobsmacked that he would try to pass it wide when

1. He had no one in front of him.
2. He needed to commit the fullback who was sweeping across.

Poor choice there from Blake...
I believe you're talking about this one.

He should have backed his step on the inside for sure with that opening in front of him.

PS: SJ never runs it straight, but he's a freak of nature so that's OK I guess.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
These vids are way easier than the photo segments I used to make.

Honorable mention to Ken for Running It Straight almost all the way to the touch in goal line.;)

• Haha
Reactions: shuffle

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
This move here looks interesting.

But once again if SJ straightens his run when he catches the ball, lets Sheck create the overlap, passes a cutout ball to Kata instead of throwing the dummy, Kata then has Ken unmarked on his Wing.

Reactions: Defence and DANZ

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I believe you're talking about this one.

He should have backed his step on the inside for sure with that opening in front of him.

PS: SJ never runs it straight, but he's a freak of nature so that's OK I guess.

I do kind of enjoy these, as long as it keeps you away from politics son.

If Blake was that good, he could have dummied, let Jennings go by, commit the fullback and sent his winger in untouched, but he’s Blake Ayshford and it all happens pretty quick.

Will take it as a good thing they can score 4 tries and still come up with 4 more blown chances

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings