Support/Announcement Rumour Mill

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Why not have the rumour mill closed to updates from s. general member. It could state that anyone who has a rumour to send it via PM to an address managed by the mods (and one or two other die hards if it is too much work) they then post the rumour to the thread, this forces any discussion on those to find its way to other threads and would mean we would have a thread with only rumours in it

Reactions: ba.falcon

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Feel free to PM myself or Taj. Easy enough to state that its come to us confidentially/anonymously.

Personally I'll be happy to do it but your stuff will have to stack up long-term and I'd wanna know you have strong sources. A lot of people like to believe anything anyone who claims to have an inside source tells them. Not really on here TBH. More FB than anything but Im always weary of it. Someone told me last week that Kahu was 100% signed. Turns out it was Beale...

Reactions: bruce

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Feel free to PM myself or Taj. Easy enough to state that its come to us confidentially/anonymously.

Personally I'll be happy to do it but your stuff will have to stack up long-term and I'd wanna know you have strong sources. A lot of people like to believe anything anyone who claims to have an inside source tells them. Not really on here TBH. More FB than anything but Im always weary of it. Someone told me last week that Kahu was 100% signed. Turns out it was Beale...
My suggestion was that be the ONLY way to update the thread. Not just for me but all members. The number of genuine rumours is very few and no matter how many times it is posted the thread gets filled with opinion and discussion. It might sound like it would be a lot of work, but I think it would be surprised how few messages would come through. Would be great to have that thread as the mods intend it to be, a place that only has rumours

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
My suggestion was that be the ONLY way to update the thread. Not just for me but all members. The number of genuine rumours is very few and no matter how many times it is posted the thread gets filled with opinion and discussion. It might sound like it would be a lot of work, but I think it would be surprised how few messages would come through. Would be great to have that thread as the mods intend it to be, a place that only has rumours
Oh I see what you mean. Straight rumour, media articles, official releases without the ensuing chitter chatter that goes on after. Is that right???

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Oh I see what you mean. Straight rumour, media articles, official releases without the ensuing chitter chatter that goes on after. Is that right???
Yeah that's the one. It gives a place with out the other bs. Also, it is frustrating where interesting discussion is happening in that thread but you can't join in as it is off topic. THat would force those discussions to happen in the correct place

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
The recruitment thread is meant to be a rumour or news only thread but it is very hard to police as you want people to have a place to discuss the news but also dont want it going to far as a lot of people hate having to wade through pages and pages of utter shit to get to the good stuff. Hate all the mod work that goes into striking that balance but hate coming home after a hard days work reading the rubbish so do it for others that feel the same.

Maybe two threads?

1. Warriors Recruitment Rumours and News
2. Warriors Recruitment Discussion Thread

Im taking it you hate reading all the rubbish too lol...

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
The recruitment thread is meant to be a rumour or news only thread but it is very hard to police as you want people to have a place to discuss the news but also dont want it going to far as a lot of people hate having to wade through pages and pages of utter shit to get to the good stuff. Hate all the mod work that goes into striking that balance but hate coming home after a hard days work reading the rubbish so do it for others that feel the same.

Maybe two threads?

1. Warriors Recruitment Rumours and News
2. Warriors Recruitment Discussion Thread

Im taking it you hate reading all the rubbish too lol...
Yip and the only way that number 1 gets updated is a PM to the mods or some other designated member.

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Thanks rugged we are having internal discussion on how to handle this best. Should have a decent system in place for next season where there is one locked thread with just proper rumours(controllable by mods only), and one open thread where the rumours are discussed.

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Thanks rugged we are having internal discussion on how to handle this best. Should have a decent system in place for next season where there is one locked thread with just proper rumours(controllable by mods only), and one open thread where the rumours are discussed.
Awesome that sounds great!!

RICHMAN

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 29, 2017
Maybe rather than delete a post that is as you call it off topic, transfer it in a thread that`s appropriate for it

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Maybe rather than delete a post that is as you call it off topic, transfer it in a thread that`s appropriate for it
Vast majority of posts are moved to either the Recruitment Strategy thread or Who Should The Warriors Sign thread. The retarded ones get deleted and sometimes when I'm sick to death of moving shit I'll just delete the lot. 95% are moved though...

Reactions: bruce

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
You've got it wrong, the club never asked for an apology and players answered the questions openly.

The school however felt that the context of the questions didn't fit within their PC bullshit ethos so made the pupils write letters of apology to the Warriors club.

Sounds like schools are in the business of producing limp wristed wet heads these days.
If thats the case then good for the club ... cant say the same about the school then.. Hey kids todays lesson is how to stop freedom of speech...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Why not have the rumour mill closed to updates from s. general member. It could state that anyone who has a rumour to send it via PM to an address managed by the mods (and one or two other die hards if it is too much work) they then post the rumour to the thread, this forces any discussion on those to find its way to other threads and would mean we would have a thread with only rumours in it
Trialing your suggestion this season.

https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/warriors-recruitment-and-rumour-mill-2018.59777/

If anyone has any other suggestions for the recruitment thread or comments feel free to let us know here or via PM :)...

Reactions: tajhay and rugged

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Last Game

13 Sep

5.7 Total Avg Rating
5.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings