General Rugby World Cup 2015

snake77

snake77

That drop goal was class. A bit embarrassing when you compare it to the league efforts trying to get a 1 pointer to win a game. Sure there have been some great league drop goals to win games but a lot of them are often pitiful.

jonno

jonno

There's been a massive cultural shift taken place inside the All Blacks camp. They needed to in order to get their nerves under control during the WC knockout games...

Way more humility and friendship in the squad than before. That's why this bunch are the greatest AB's of all time...

Horriors2014

Horriors2014

I think Hurrell would be just another good centre in rugby. I could be wrong but wasn't the rumour that Auckland rugby didn't go after him because they thought he lacked work ethic (but then they passed on a lot of talent from his era). I either heard that on radio sport of read it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

I think this is a related article: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=10783681&ref=rss

They said that about Malakai Fekitoa also. Who is the heir apparent. If you ask me Auckland sport needs to work on individual progress and development. The reason they thrive elsewhere is because other provinces don't tolerate fat heads.

ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

Looks like Maninga....(I think that's the best center in League IMO). That burst of speed though.....showed those much leaner Aussie backs.

What's Hurrell's excuse.

33 years old too and still that fast at that size?! He's honestly quicker now than he was when he broke on the scene as a 21 year old playing for the Canes in 03. Amazing really. Would have been a stupendously good league centre for sure. The best 12 I've seen play.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
33 years old too and still that fast at that size?! He's honestly quicker now than he was when he broke on the scene as a 21 year old playing for the Canes in 03. Amazing really. Would have been a stupendously good league centre for sure. The best 12 I've seen play.
My favourite All Black bar none. Ma'a Nonu is such a talent. TBH he could go at least another two years at the top level. He's that good. Arguably the best centre in the world this year...

Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

My favourite All Black bar none. Ma'a Nonu is such a talent. TBH he could go at least another two years at the top level. He's that good. Arguably the best centre in the world this year...
He is, been signed for two years to a French Club on big bucks. Would have loved him to have been a Warrior. Hansen has really sorted him as he was a major disruption when he was with the Hurricanes.

Reactions: Waro-rakau
ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

Absolutely, I think it goes without saying. On the Planet Rugby forums a lot actually feel he should have won World Player of the Year and that site is full of contributors from all the major countries not just NZ, Nonu is pretty much universally seen as the worlds best midfielder. He's in his prime right now. He's my favourite All Black as well.

mode81

mode81

Best centre in the world by a long way. Best and most consistent season with the Hurricanes and carried on his form right through the World Cup. Just racist IRB ass wipes don't want the dreadlock rastaman to win their awards. Who cares he's a 2x World Champion now that's all that matters.

mode81

mode81

That was the most dominant tourny by the ABs since 1987.

I don't think the ABs will dominate like that in the next cup, We won't have McCaw, Carter, Conrad Smith, Nonu, SBW and maybe Ben Smith who will be into his 30s.

Let's not forget this team has gone through two World Cups undefeated, that's unprecedented and a massive achievement.

Michael Jones - Josh Kronfeld - Richie McCaw - Now we have Sam Cane/Matt Todd/Ardie Savea battling it out for the next 4 years

Grant Fox - Andrew Mehrtens - Dan Carter - Now we have Beauden Barrett/ Lima Sopoaga/Aaron Cruden/Damien McKenzie battling for the first five spot over the next 4 years

Joe Stanley - Frank Bunce - Conrad Smith - Now we have Malakai Fekitoa/ Ryan Crotty/Rene Ranger etc

New players will establish themselves before the Lions tour and the next RWC in Japan.. NZ will always have contingency plans in place.. legends move on and new legends are born, revolving door, rugby factory, just the way it is.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Grant Fox - Andrew Mehrtens - Dan Carter - Now we have Beauden Barrett/ Lima Sopoaga/Aaron Cruden/Damien McKenzie battling for the first five spot over the next 4 years
Who do you prefer? I like Lima myself...

Reactions: Jay M
mode81

mode81

Who do you prefer? I like Lima myself...

Late bloomer because of injury Lima he's classy, silky skills

I reckon Cruden, that first AB's unbeaten season in 2013 he was awesome

Cruden at 10 Sopoaga at 12 would be ideal for me, both wicked game management and big game temperaments

Barrett to be the finisher , first five and outside backs cover

Reactions: mt.wellington
snake77

snake77

Had a bit of a chuckle reading the articles with the team partying on the plane with the passengers. After the game my neice made a comment how the players can now touch the trophy with their bare hands as when it came to their school they had to wear gloves.

After the tournament you could say as far as those rules are concerned all gloves are off. Open up Stuff and NZHerald today and there are shots of ordinary New Zealanders on an Air NZ flight casually holding the cup.

DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

Went to the All Black victory parade here in Wellington yesterday, man it was hot. Managed to get into the Parliament Grounds where the park is, at the start of the parade, and managed to take some very good photos especially Conrad and Ma'a leading the parade out, and one of Richie McCaw with the World Cup. If I knew how to upload onto this site then I would post those pics. I was told there were 80,000 people plus along the parade route.

First time on a train in Wellington, and going in was packed, and going out was especially packed. Free ride though both ways.

At the most though the boys looked tired. You could tell they didn't want to be there, and just wanted to get to their own homes and relax before they either have to rejoin their Super 18 teams, or in Ma'a, Dan's and Conrad's case their French teams. But they turned up after two very long days in Auckland and Christchurch, and did the job. Great to see Sonny Bill live too. The crowd were shouting out his name, as well as for Dan Carter, and Richie.

Very special day for me, proud I did that, went with some of my work mates in, and got some great photos. Awesome memories.

Reactions: Miket12 and bruce
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Even now Burgess has been getting a bit of flack from the rah rah w*******rs so has spoken out

Always happens when England rah rah do poorly, those with league connections get it in the neck. Happened before with the likes of Phil Larder, Joe Lydon etc..

Most of the replies he’s got there are supportive mind.

Reactions: bruce