General Rugby World Cup 2015

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
the other aspect for the Wallabies... will Pocock and Folau be fit? If not... advantage los pumas to me...

Certainly they’d have to play Pocock on one leg, he is their difference maker, Folau is good, but kurtley beale is pretty handy backup

MurrayTD

MurrayTD

I know we have a proud sporting record for such a small country, but if Argentina make the final, that would mean final in soccer World Cup and rugby World Cup in same World Cup cycle, hugely impressive for a country not afforded the sporting respect other countries have for Lesser deeds.

the borg

I think the ABs are playing their pool matches now.... where wins come easily. Dont matter if its South Africa in semi or Ozzy in possible final. I believe that coach Hansen has played a master stroke by playing the pool games under pressure. Deliberately letting the opposition get in their face...and being able to steel them up and get the win. Which prevents complacency in knockout games. Look at the boks and wallys they nearly lost. While the ABs are begining to peak. To quote an ozzy saying "To Easy Mate "

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

I'm biased my neff went to Hamilton Boys High with Cane, still keeps in regular contact Cane is a good bloke.

Cane's done the apprenticeship under Tanerau Latimer at the Chiefs and four years under McCaw in the AB's, both great tutors..

Already captained the AB's he's got the goods in the Mannering mould, tough, uncompromising, he's a big man in person TV doesn't do them justice.

You would never know he's a professional player he's just like one of the boys your typical Kiwi bloke, shy at times, modest, respectful but still throwing around banter and running the mates down, he'll go far.

Hard to compare Cane to anyone until he finds his own niche at test level but I have no doubt he'll eventually be talked about in his own right.

When did he go to HBHS? The Sam i knew went to Reporoa college then Tauranga Boys. BOP hard that boy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
mode81

mode81

Think you mean Reporoa College or Tauranga Boys High there. BOP hearty.

Yep and he went to Boys High ed & rugby academy towards the latter years.. Kerr-Barlow was there around the same time but Reporoa College can take credit as well.

mode81

mode81

I agree, they will need to be very good against the pumas, if the argies get a fair suck of the sav from wayne barnes, I think they will do them.

Traditionally if you dominate the wallabies in the collisions they will fold, the argies were splattering the Irish who fancy themselves tough hombres.

Was pretty blasé about this tournament, but last weekend’s games got me right back into it, probably the best cup I can remember for the skill on display, 2011 was a series of pretty crap games.

Stoked with the improvement of the Pumas, they always had a good RWC pedigree even before they entered the Rugby Championship.

Argies were always physically brutal and strong scrummagers the rugby championship has helped enhance their running game beautifully.

Only way they'll beat oz is through sheer physicality, gonna have to bash them out of the game

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Yep and he went to Boys High ed & rugby academy towards the latter years.. Kerr-Barlow was there around the same time but Reporoa College can take credit as well.

Cant have been for very long then cause he went straight from Reporoa to Tauranga boys (year 13) where he made NZ secondary schools. (Was involved in Rotorua Boys academy back then when we were trying to get him there for years from Reporoa. Never heard about the Hamilton thing...although i knew they were after him as well)

Marshthedarsh

Pretty abysmal discipline. Something like 10-2 in penalties. We're camped in their 22 and keep kicking the ball out when we get it, and they've been given 4 easy kicks.

Reactions: mt.wellington
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Looks like theyre playing a round robin game. All this pressure they put themselves under in the pool matched was meant to eliminate this sort of thing. Still a heap of time but I do get worried everytime SBW comes on during these tight games...

MurrayTD

MurrayTD

South Africa showing why they are our greatest enemy, they shouldn't be in this contest. But, here we are 10 to go and 2 points the difference..........let's get this done.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
South Africa showing why they are our greatest enemy, they shouldn't be in this contest. But, here we are 10 to go and 2 points the difference..........let's get this done.
Agree. The Boks almost didnt make it out of the country with the 'quota' rubbish that was going on. In comparison the All Blacks have had a dream prep yet here we are going toe to toe, blow for blow.

Get the feeling this one will be decided controversially with a contentious penalty or something. Can barely watch...

MurrayTD

MurrayTD

Just, just, just......go Argentina. Though Australia would be great, would like to see payback for the MCG.

Marshthedarsh

Never in doubt ;)

I wouldn't take the Pumas for granted, but tbh if they win tomorrow - I really don't see them beating us. The first time they beat us won't be in a World Cup Final. Beating Aussie would kill them enough. I genuinely think the Pumas have a great chance, but I completely forgot last week Aussie were missing Folau, Pocock etc...

Selector

Average performance. Too many penalties given away and aimless kicking. Would except a much better performance who ever they face in the final.

Reactions: eudebrito
mode81

mode81

Good stuff AB's.. one week blitz rugby this week back to attrition and physicality against the Boks.

Huge contrast in styles yet they adapted again, just the type of tough game you need before a final.

Although I would love to see it I can't see Argentina beating ozzy Pumas played their final last week.

Marshthedarsh

Argentina doing what average teams do. So much effort to get up the field and in to the 22 - then simply dropping the ball. They probably needed to turn one of their penalties into a try as well.

mode81

mode81

Wobblies showing that killer instinct just absorb the pressure and wait for mistakes Pumas are their own worst enemies.

All Blacks V asstralia final.

mode81

mode81

Aah the imaginary McCaw elbow haha.. what a load of shyte.

I'd hate to live in ozzy, everything about them is media frenzy this, rumours here, rumours there, social media that. Farkin weasels.