General Rugby Union: #1 Sport!

Northern_Union

I used the rollar skating ring out Manakau way but only because my sister and her husband used to own it.

playdaball_old

Best wishes.

As a matter of interest, what era were you at Kelston/Glenora - Lonergan, Fuemana; Hepi or Hiko?

I remember Glenora had a good U18 side with Lonergan and others. You remember that team?

Jesbass_old

Happy Birthday, didn't get you anything.

But then what do you buy the man who already has everything?

Hehe, my wife once got given one of these, which seems appropriate...

picture-7.png

Attachments

• a2.bp.blogspot.com__AnYOtP1eQF0_S3EFnu5kmRI_AAAAAAAAB7w_T_IeGghJDus_s400_picture_7.png
    a2.bp.blogspot.com__AnYOtP1eQF0_S3EFnu5kmRI_AAAAAAAAB7w_T_IeGghJDus_s400_picture_7.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 2

Edifier_old

I remember Glenora had a good U18 side with Lonergan and others. You remember that team?

Yea. From memory they were unbeaten it may have been from U16's. A relation played hooker in the squad. He always has fond memories of Lonergan banging with the best.

Seems these guys may have been a bit older than NU.

Who were you playing for at the time?

Northern_Union

I was always a Glenora man. I can remember Lonergan packing out the gym with his boxing displays. A little before my time yes. I had a couple of Deans team mates as coaches back then though. Allan Cumming was one of the coaches. He was a halfback, his nick name was cuddles because he was such a good tackler.
A few years later i Maurice Watene as a coach. He was the sax player in Herbs. Anyone remember Herbs? Legendry Kiwi band!

playdaball_old

Yea. From memory they were unbeaten it may have been from U16's. A relation played hooker in the squad. He always has fond memories of Lonergan banging with the best.

Seems these guys may have been a bit older than NU.

Who were you playing for at the time?

I played down the road at New Lynn before moving onto Glenora - not that side as older than me.

There was Redvers, Sopo, Deano, Hiko, Mann, Hutchinson plus others.

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Well this is the only rugby union thread I could find through the search function but.....

If you like rugby in general, a lot of analysis from both games apply both ways... sort of

This guy Squidge rugby does really , really good analysis videos.
Maybe some of you would be interested that's all I'm saying.
You could start a new thread and call it something like "The ABs are totally overrated, I've seen less handling errors in a game of u8s league".

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
1637827589137.png

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
You could start a new thread and call it something like "The ABs are totally overrated, I've seen less handling errors in a game of u8s league".
I have not seen a game since the World cup in South Africa.

I was thinking I should watch modern Rugby, it will be better than the game I walked away from because their backs didn't know how to set up the best attacking player in the world J.Lomu.

Did my head in watching him get used like a battering Ram, what a waste.

Dude had wheels.

Glad I didn't see the last two games then, I would have felt Jinxed!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings