General Rugby Leagues Memory Lane

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
I lost an arm, broke my jaw, had a heart attack, broke ribs, 76 stitches in my head and had chemotherapy at halftime but still played a full game for the reserves before playing for the seniors.
My Dad told me to harden up when I asked him for a plaster after I ran 27 miles in the pouring rain to home ...

Ahhhhh the good old days !
In Bruce and JN's day they used to throw them out of the ambulance and run them over a few times on the way to Greenlane to make sure they're not just snowflakes calling a waambulance

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
In Bruce and JN's day they used to throw them out of the ambulance and run them over a few times on the way to Greenlane to make sure they're not just snowflakes calling a waambulance
Not to mention the cold showers. At Mangere they would fill up a 44 gallon drum with water and light a fire underneath so we had hot water. If it was raining we were fucked

Last edited:

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
It wasn't only League, I played senior Union in the Eastern Bay of Plenty. Graham Lowe reckoned it was the toughest Rugby, League or Union he ever saw. One guy was caught with a pair of scissors taped to the bottom of his boot. I marked one guy who was called 'Two Tackle', being young and dumb I thought as he was old and fat he only made two a game, no, it meant he stiff armed both sides. Got me twice and was concussed.

• Haha
Reactions: john nick
Manly Sea Eagles Rate Match

Last Game

09 May

32 - 38
4.9 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 14 ratings