NRL NRL Round 1, 2024 Discussion

Good to have the league back, but can't wait for this nonsense gimmick to be done with.

Considering it's in Vegas they probably should have taken the Raiders over as one of the teams.

Panthers, Titans, Cowboys other possibilities for name familiarity.

NRL: See the big hits, the aggression, no pads, no helmets.

American: Who's playing?

NRL: Bunnies and Roosters

American: ..........

Early try is good for the crowd, but the expectation now is that this will be more like basketball than soccer and surely these dudes running into each other endlessly - doing a chicken scratch in the dirt they call a play the ball, can try something different coz to the untrained eye, the Rugby codes look like men running at men pointlessly rather than throw the ball around and create lots of exciting try's.

By the crowd noise it sounds as though the majority are probably ex pats and informed already.

Preaching to the converted and all that.

Glory Glory to South Sydney is really gonna draw in the hip young folk...well done NRL...I see what you did there.

Early try is good for the crowd, but the expectation now is that this will be more like basketball than soccer and surely these dudes running into each other endlessly - doing a chicken scratch in the dirt they call a play the ball, can try something different coz to the untrained eye, the Rugby codes look like men running at men pointlessly rather than throw the ball around and create lots of exciting try's.
I remember watching when I was little, asking my dad, what are they doing (humping) on the ground haha

Back