General Rugby League Commentators Thread

Reaction score

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Why not? That guy could make tiddly winks exciting, and he knew the game as well.:)

SkyTv is too tight and disrespectful to the fans. :rolleyes:

They bled for the game those two. Mac should never have been allowed to retire IMO. Dalai Larmer has his heart in the right place and does a difficult job to the best of his ability.
Agree, limited ability though.

Reaction score
RonNitroSwanson

RonNitroSwanson

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Over in Oz on Talkin Sport a dribbler called Gerard Condon runs some shonky tipping subscription and he just said the Bulldogs are great value this wknd with 2 rookie halves and Blake Green still out injured.

Has anyone heard that mail? I mean if you own a tipping betting sham of a company you use factual info wouldn’t ya?

Bloke always tips against the Warriors offers up $1.30 faves and spruiks his best bets wins each week, 1 for both NRL & AFL. It’s not just the commentators in Oz who are ignorant.

FYI steer clear of Reading the Play obviously praying on dumb ill informed fans to get on with dud info like Blake Green still on the sidelines. Must of skipped Tigers trial game when he did the form. What an assclown!

Reaction score
jsmooove

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Over in Oz on Talkin Sport a dribbler called Gerard Condon runs some shonky tipping subscription and he just said the Bulldogs are great value this wknd with 2 rookie halves and Blake Green still out injured.

Has anyone heard that mail? I mean if you own a tipping betting sham of a company you use factual info wouldn’t ya?

Bloke always tips against the Warriors offers up $1.30 faves and spruiks his best bets wins each week, 1 for both NRL & AFL. It’s not just the commentators in Oz who are ignorant.

FYI steer clear of Reading the Play obviously praying on dumb ill informed fans to get on with dud info like Blake Green still on the sidelines. Must of skipped Tigers trial game when he did the form. What an assclown!
hahaha reading the play!the man that just makes up vague tweets in the hope people subscribe to his crap. my favourite made up rumours are the federal police were going to be making arrests in relation to something in rugby league, he was banging on about Neil henry was 100% the manly coach

oh and who could forget the constant banging on about how last year the warriors were pea hearts

hes a man who wants to be some kind of media insider but he forgets the number one rule and that is too provide value.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Mate I go into his work most days. Champion bloke. Works for whitebait tv which is Jason Gunn and wife’s company. Produce what now and the like
Have you spoken to him about RL?

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you spoken to him about RL?
Funny thing last time I remember him commentating was the RLWC semi final in Christchurch in 1988 with Ray French. French was very upset about the refereeing and Tony said spoken like a true Englishman!!

Reaction score

Chchfanatic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Funny thing last time I remember him commentating was the RLWC semi final in Christchurch in 1988 with Ray French. French was very upset about the refereeing and Tony said spoken like a true Englishman!!
I was ball boy that day. Can’t remember much but I still have the program signed by both teams. I was very lucky as a kid and got to go to all the after match functions.

Reaction score

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good onya Vossie

It's really amusing how the press is mortified by an equally 'knowledgeable' opinion that differs with theirs... I follow Vossy's reasoning and concur with it based on his observations... one blatant forward pass away from premiership equalling points last season...it just might come to pass. Good onya for not being a lemming, Vossy.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
At least Voss usually sounds like he does his homework and has thought behind it.

Rothfield's reason's seem to be we have lost Johnson and as someone else pointed out he picked us for 16th last year as Johnson is inconsistent. The other reason last night is that we are far away. Well at least he admitted to forgetting about us. Or is that a sly way to say the travel, nah he's not smart enough for that.

Reaction score
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I take the commentators ‘opinions’ with a pinch of salt. Warriors could be the greatest club team ever and the Aussies would still be dismissing them as contenders. It’s what Aussies do, they can’t see beyond the ends of their own noses.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I take the commentators ‘opinions’ with a pinch of salt. Warriors could be the greatest club team ever and the Aussies would still be dismissing them as contenders. It’s what Aussies do, they can’t see beyond the ends of their own noses.
I watched the segment on Seibold last night. The guy talks a good story about Harvard, and leadership etc, I am sure Wayne Bennett was sitting back chuckling, but clearly the guy is a very good coach, however but for a forward pass try SK's team last season would have scored the exact same number of points as Seibold's Souths.

Reaction score

pleatedpantspete

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score

I know these power rankings are inconsequential puff pieces, but for as long I’ve seen Soward offer an opinion, he just doesn’t rate the warriors. What did they do to him?

Reaction score
JBmurc

JBmurc

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
well after we dump the Tigers then Manly we might just start getting some respect esp if we can stay at the top of the table also as we won't lose any players during the Origin period I see us making it well up to the top of the table this year

The first real test will be 5th round against the bunnies on APRIL-13th at the sunny coast >> we get over them and we will get some real attention

Last edited:
Reaction score
Warrior482

Warrior482

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think we will be 1st/2nd after 6 rounds.

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
Who cares what that little sook has to say.

Let's face it, if there was a pro rugby union comp based out of NZ with 15 kiwi teams and 1 Aussie one, they'd get zero coverage or respect. They write with their audience in mind.

One time soward did commentary on a NSW cup finals game the warriors were in and he was really knowledgeable and good, but like all of the pundits they just don't pay much attention to what happens in Auckland.

15+ years of big warriors forwards getting tired.
7 years of "when Shaun Johnson runs the ball...."

They about due to come up with a new catch phrase now

Top Bottom