General Ruben Wiki

bigstuboy_old

does anyone know if ruben is gunna play next year i love the guy but i think this season should be his last i really cant see him making a big impact for us next year he should move into a coaching or support role at the club and bring one of these young fellas up to the top grade

Jesbass_old

There are rumours that he won't, but these sorts of rumours appear every off-season.

The other main rumour is that Corey Lawrie may get re-signed, and he's a back rower...

Jesbass_old

god i hope that rumor isnt true he was useless wen played the top grade

Actually, for a debuting player, he wasn't too bad. He's apparently a standout for the Lions, and with a bit more experience and composure in the top level, he could turn into a pretty good player.

It's all rumour and speculation, though, so I guess it's one of those wait and see situations.

Skinny_Ravs82

We're only a week into the off season for us and rumors are already floating...cool! lol

Northern_Union

god i hope that rumor isnt true he was useless wen played the top grade

I actually thought Lorry played pretty well considering the time on the field he had and the fact that he ended up playing on the wing of all places in one match. If i was coaching the Warriors i'd be resigning him but thats just me.

On Ruben i love the bloke for what he's given to the New Zealand jumper, he embodies everything i hold dear in a rugby league player, a bloke and a test player and captain. I believe what he offered when he was injury free was of a very high level both as a player and leader. But i think if he's carrying a long term injury or two his impact was not that great and perhaps it's time he moves into a mentor or coaching role.

JonB_old

I actually thought Lorry played pretty well considering the time on the field he had and the fact that he ended up playing on the wing of all places in one match. If i was coaching the Warriors i'd be resigning him but thats just me.

On Ruben i love the bloke for what he's given to the New Zealand jumper, he embodies everything i hold dear in a rugby league player, a bloke and a test player and captain. I believe what he offered when he was injury free was of a very high level both as a player and leader. But i think if he's carrying a long term injury or two his impact was not that great and perhaps it's time he moves into a mentor or coaching role.

totally agree with everything here, except the spelling of Lawrie.... I know you ain't beig on spelling just a correction for you

Northern_Union

Nope i aint the best speller in the world so i don't mind being correct on the likes of this JonnB :)

JonB_old

Nope i aint the best speller in the world so i don't mind being correct on the likes of this JonnB :)

All good man my old man always thought names should be done correctly and tend to agree, though I think I didn't get ?Emphalame? right in my review thats a dozey its actually Epahahame.

Thats a bit of a Tongan twister

Northern_Union

Epilahame ?

Your dad is a wise man, you should make every effort to get peoples names correct, however for those of us that are challenged by spelling it can be problematic at best particularly when you love union or league in New Zealand and you have Island names to contend with also :)

P.S. - alls going well for those on a mission in France, lets hope it stays that way!

Skinny_Ravs82

lol, I do that sometimes with Vatuvei. Sometimes I just call him Manu instead! It's easier! :p

☆ИITЯO ßOY✯_old

OFF TOPIC: Some people even say Vatu Manuvei

I think Ruben's contract ends at the end of 2008

commonsense_old

ruben wiki still have a lot to offer in first grade. he might be past his prime but he demands so much respect from his opposition and teammates.

if he chooses to retire the warriors must get him in the warriors management!

corey lawrie is a pretty tough player. he debut alright too but age is against him. but i dont see the harm in resigning him as an emerency player.

Jesbass_old

Here are some Lawrie stats:
In 111 minutes, he made 13 runs for 89 metres, with 2 tackle breaks, as well as 63 tackles with only 3 missed and 2 ineffective. That's a good defensive strike rate. He even put in that kick when he ended up with the ball on the last! :lol1:

As for Wiki, I'd like to see how he goes after a full off season which will no doubt give him the chance to get over any lingering injuries. In the Parramatta game, for example, (our second to last match), he required five injections throughout the game to stay on the field. I think a fully fit Wiki could wreak havoc.

blain91_old

from watching the lions all year, he's the one that wont give up or dissapoint. i wouldnt mind seeing him around, scott jones prob needs another year to build strength and so on.

Kav_old

Ruben might end up like Jason Smith at the Cowboys - a bench player coming on when defences are tiring and who can stand in a tackle and unload to his supports. He was used like this to good effect when Crockett scored against NQ.

Kav

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings