Player Rowan Baxter

Northern_Union

What about that former BOP union winger that was playing club league in Auckland last season.....is he still available?

I think the player your thinking of, Northern Union, is Rowan Baxter. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
One trial game in 2005.

Yep, that's his entire Warriors history.

Which is why there's a room named after him.

Note that they focus on that rather then being a wing for Bay of Plenty.

Tragedy for the wider family.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
I don't remember him either, did he ever play a game? Figures they pick up on his warriors link for story.
According to a Aussie newspaper report, he was in the Warriors NRL squad in 2005 but didn’t play any nrl games.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Played at Mt Albert when I need WARRIOrs and

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
A coward just a selfish arrogant f**king coward, kill yourself by all means but leave the kids alone.

Not cowardice, probably much more likely did to make someone he hated - ex-wife, ex-in-laws - suffer greatly.

Reactions: Off The Bench

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
My memory isn’t as good as it was but I can’t remember Rowan Baxter. This is a total tragedy.
Former Warriors player my arse.:mad: He wasn't even in the 2005 squad, as was reported:rolleyes:. He played for the Presidents selection against the Warriors at North Harbour in 2005. The press as usual are full of shite. What happened is absolutely tragic but to somehow connect that to the club is disgusting.

From Wiki:
The Warriors played a match against the NZRL's Presidents selection at North Harbour Stadium on 27 February. The President's selection was coached by John Ackland and Tawera Nikau and included: Toshio Laiseni, Cooper Vuna, Simon Mannering, Joshua Davis, Rowan Baxter, Daniel Vasau, Bernard Perenara, George Tuakura, Ben Lythe, Phil Shead, Odell Manuel, Chris Newton, Wayne McDade. Interchange: Paul Atkins, Andreas Bauer, Marvin Filipo, Robinson Godfrey, Pinomi Tafea, Willie Live, Artie Shead, Sam Rapira, Chris Tupou, Dean Shepherd, Antonio Tusani.[2] For the Warriors, the match was Nathan Fien's first for the club.[3] The Warriors won the game 58–6.[4]

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Disclaimer about that story peeps it’s pretty bloody horrific and graphic.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Got the link? That is bullshit. I will send some advice to the reporter.

Been trying to find out how many games he played for Hawke's Bay. BBC are reporting it as "ex-rugby player", by the way. Mind you,that may be that they just don't get the difference.

As for RTS, I'm not convinced changing his role - as good idea as it sounds - will itself lead us back to finals.

Reactions: bruce
Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle Rate Match

Last Game

19 Jun

4.2 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings