12 B.Sironen H.Young 11
13 J.Tevaga R.Sutton 13
14 T.Otukolo C.Nicoll-Klokstad 14
15 B.Afoa C.Harawira-Naera 15
16 E.Katoa A.Elliott 16
17 J.Murchie C.Horsburgh 17
20 B.Murdoch-Masila H.Rushton 18
21 D.Asi M.Frawley 19

Really need the bench to bring something today- they’ve had no impact all year.
And the raiders bench is solid.
Was just lookn at that on nrl site, did Katoa play vs Melb? I thought he had improved prior but maybe I wasnt watching close enough.

For me my eyes are on Murchie. He runs such a good line on Offense, I can see Shaun Johnson putting him through a big hole when inside the 10 etc.

Curran I think we all feel is a huge loss. IMO he is our best forward form wise, but Addin Fonua-Blake was starting to show why we paid him so much, he needs to dominate today, two big men colliding. Josh is/was a huge offensive weapon for the Raiders.

On paper I just dont see us losing this one. Hopefully we get a few bros drive up from south Bris/GC to support the team, have felt the GC support for the Warriors at Redcliffe has been a bit patchy, I know its a big drive (and mostly straight lol). Few ok bars on the waterfront Redcliffe, Id be staying local and out celebrating afterward. Can see why they dont drive up though all the same.

Reactions: marv
Sad thing is Ricky would have been telling all his players during the week they are playing The Warriors so will be getting the season back on track from today.
perfect if our boys get a fast start and shock the raiders, they also won’t have had much time or tape on Asi, so he’ll be afforded a little bit of extra space is my guess.

fingers crossed anyway.

Last edited:
Great game from Cant and Bears, with Bears winning it. Excellent wingers.

I want genuine pace on our wing over size, if Ratuva has both great, how quick is Villiami really? because hes not small either.

Ive never liked Benji, hes I see him more as an Aussie as well despite playing for the Kiwis. But was so nice to hear him try to find positives for the Warriors last weekend when everyone was giving them the easy kick in the guts when down. Gave me a bit of respect for him. Dont like his show though.

Hoping to hear from positives from him and Crunk in the preshow.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Historically not our forte, which is why we seem to go better with a blend of local flair and pros from Aussie systems, their one percenters are more like adding ten percent for us.
I see your point with Siro.

I think that balance of quality Aus players and local raw flare has never been more polarising than with this year. Makes it clear we can get our local boys to do the grunt work if they get polished up and fitness to high level pre season. Really, thats all the Storm do, clearly Craig is a gun coach as well. But finding that balance and being able to get the more low key kiwis intensity up prematch to NRL top 4 standard. Every game has to be played like a grand final. That is how we get to being top 4 consistently. I hope it happens in my life time :-(

I just wonder how hard it would be to poach CNK?

I see your point with Siro.

I think that balance of quality Aus players and local raw flare has never been more polarising than with this year. Makes it clear we can get our local boys to do the grunt work if they get polished up and fitness to high level pre season. Really, thats all the Storm do, clearly Craig is a gun coach as well. But finding that balance and being able to get the more low key kiwis intensity up prematch to NRL top 4 standard. Every game has to be played like a grand final. That is how we get to being top 4 consistently. I hope it happens in my life time :-(

I just wonder how hard it would be to poach CNK?
Hard to tell where we're heading after 3 yrs in aussie mate, was interesting to see what happened when it was easier to recruit Australians. George Jennings was an eye opener on the wing, not an elite player but he kind of ended our local prop wing model I reckon. Yeah bring back Charnze to replace Walsh if possible.

Reactions: AusWarriorsFan
Yeah bring back Charnze to replace Walsh if possible.
I know hes not been on fire, but 2nd string, I think we would take him any day.

Yeah I hear ya about being in Aussie, Im just saying the mix is getting to a better ratio, we are very close with NEXT years team to being top 4 roster wise. Would love to get Arthers, not sure if they will release him though.

Asi at club Wednesday, trained Thursday a bit, its not sounding great combination wise, lets hope Shaun Johnson has made it easy for him to concentrate on just executing with low expectation of making any special plays.

Wow Brownie talking bout "Line Speed", does he secretly get on here lol. Bring it.

Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge have to dominate, its time, they paid well.

Whighton is the danger man for me. Shut him down early and watch for him running into gaps.

Lets go Asi, wants to be with us, another one. THATS what matters for me, can always improve players.

Lovely quick run from Egan, but who was he looking to pass to there with the no look pass. Asi I guess. More of that from Egan regardless