Votes: 31 30.7%
  • B

Votes: 50 49.5%
  • C

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • FFF---

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
How frustrating are those two first up losses now? In retrospect they were due to a disrupted end to the pre-season and some unfortunate injuries.

The victory this round was deserved, no question - as everyone has been saying, it's just those lapses and lack of starch in the middle which are almost killing us - and that's fixable, both with returning players and increased awareness

I'm a bit worried about the three quarter line and the wingers (especially with outcome of the slur investigation looming, less said here the better) - Everywhere else we're good - feeling great about the team right now

Reactions: 3 users
After watching the Pennies play last night, it almost reminds me of what SK was trying to do, but he didnt have the offense, but offense is a small part of what we require. Many things they are doing that differentiate them from the other top 4 teams, let alone the rest of the comp.

Improving overall defense obvious (whether redzone, open field FB or general play etc).

One thing Ive noticed with Penrith that is the difference from the other top 4 clubs (who have a 200% for and against). Is their line speed. They are so quick to put the offensive team under presssure with their defense, there is no waiting for them to come to them. And that all comes from their fitness.

We have regressed so much on the fundamentals he implemented. like fitness and line speed, low errors under extreme fatigue, low penalty count and many more, they are all the fundamentals our current team is missing. We are sensational on offense, but hopeless on defense without having those fundamentals ingrained into the team.

Another thing that the Pennies are doing that is similar to SK's team, Penrith are making 700m a game with their back 5, not just the back 3 like we were (Ken, Fusitua and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck). That makes such a huge difference. But we have transitioned away from that to a more traditional forwards team.

We wont go beyond the 8 without Brown coaching those fundamentals Cleary has put into the Pennies.

Reactions: 1 user
After watching the Pennies play last night, it almost reminds me of what SK was trying to do, but he didnt have the offense, but offense is a small part of what we require. Many things they are doing that differentiate them from the other top 4 teams, let alone the rest of the comp.

Improving overall defense obvious (whether redzone, open field FB or general play etc).

One thing Ive noticed with Penrith that is the difference from the other top 4 clubs (who have a 200% for and against). Is their line speed. They are so quick to put the offensive team under presssure with their defense, there is no waiting for them to come to them. And that all comes from their fitness.

We have regressed so much on the fundamentals he implemented. like fitness and line speed, low errors under extreme fatigue, low penalty count and many more, they are all the fundamentals our current team is missing. We are sensational on offense, but hopeless on defense without having those fundamentals ingrained into the team.

Another thing that the Pennies are doing that is similar to SK's team, Penrith are making 700m a game with their back 5, not just the back 3 like we were (Ken, Fusitua and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck). That makes such a huge difference. But we have transitioned away from that to a more traditional forwards team.

We wont go beyond the 8 without Brown coaching those fundamentals Cleary has put into the Pennies.
I think Cleary does a lot more than line speed and back 5 have big work loads.
What else have you observed that we can learn from Cleary?
A slow night at home for me so just making conversation.

Ed Kosi reminds me of Francis Meli. Big, Strong and fast! Can put a shot on too! Though he’s not the complete package he is doing the job.
Similarly, Arthars reminds me of a young Joey Manu. Once he fills out a wee bit more he could develop much the same. He's fast, brave-az and willing to do anything that's necessary. A great start to his Warriors year. Hopefully he just builds from here, and that we have a chance of signing him, as he seems to enjoy the vibe around the team.

Reactions: 4 users
  • Photo by Clarkey’s RL Column on April 11, 2022. May be an image of 1 person, playing a sport and text that says 'TOP 10 NRL SIN BINS NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS (18) 2 WESTS TIGERS (15) 3 BRISBANE BRONCOS (15) 4 GOLD COAST TITANS (14) 5 TITANS MANLY SEA EAGLES 6 CANTERBURY BULLDOGS (14) 7 CRONULLA SHARKS (13) 8 SHARKS SOUTHSYDNEY RABBITOHS (12) youi 9 SYDNEY ROOSTERS Wendy 10 NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS (10) SINCE THE 2020 RULE CHANGES KNIGHTS CLARKEY'S COLUMN'.
Interesting that the storm who many think of as cheats don’t even make the table.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
There are a couple of perspectives to look at those warriors’ stats from.

But definitely interesting to see and I think it’s an irrefutable fact that we’d perform better if we had fewer infringements in our game

Reactions: 1 user

Line speed also comes from slowing down the play the ball - you can't go forward if you're still moving backwards to make the 10. Every fan of teams other than the Panthers seems united in their belief that they're the new Storm in terms of the ref letting them wrestle for longer.

Line speed also comes from slowing down the play the ball - you can't go forward if you're still moving backwards to make the 10. Every fan of teams other than the Panthers seems united in their belief that they're the new Storm in terms of the ref letting them wrestle for longer.
Yep I agree, but given we had 3.3s and opposition 3.65s, I do believe we did well in that regard. They were just relentless up the middle however and post contct metres were big until they tired. Kodi came on at bout 55mins and he had the big men huffing and puffing taking off from dummy half. I really do not know why he objects to playing the one position he is brilliant at.

He sees himself as Andrew Johns but in reality he is more like (I can think of anybody).

Where if he applied himself as a dummy half runner and worked on his 40/twenty kick he could have been Cam Smith in his own head (but reasonably decent in everybody elses).

Fact is we need line speed and quality defense coming forward. Our offense or ability to score even without Shaun Johnson has not been the issue. But wont win vs top 4 without the fitness, PTB, LS, Defense.