80th minute

Rate the game

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-#$?&{

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone know what shoes Haas was wearing? were they like like off White AJ1's or just like regular air max or something. Context matters here
Not sure but I understand he was singing C'mon Albert, lay off of my blue suede shoes at the time. Just before Albert tried to Will Smith him.

• Wow
Reactions: Juju
Matty Johns show ... Warriors best game in what 10???? not one word on WAR ...all about Broncos idiot player with 4x tackle issues ...Fark me ... must be so painful for them not to wank on about Melbourne Eels or Broncos Bunnies if they win for another 10-20mins...
I'm pretty sure they said Shaun Johnson will be a guest on Benji's show tonight so we might get a bit more insight there. Could have miss heard though he might not even be on, can't seem to find anything about it online.

Great article in here about the warriors halves
Love the breakdown, highlighting the skill of Shaun Johnson.

A quality half planning that far ahead, dragging Addin Fonua-Blake around with him as a weapon to use and creating space.

You don’t fully appreciate e it until you see it broken down like that.

Had a couple of days to think on it now and while it was a really feel-good result in the moment, it’s not one that holds up to a lot of scrutiny. The Broncos are god awful, and while we were pretty okay overall — and actually very effective in the first half I thought — we really should’ve put more on them. Still, not gonna dwell on the negatives after a solid win.

One thing that stood out to me is just how good Shaun Johnson is. Very few mistakes in terms of the decisions he made, and neat-perfect execution off the boot. Reynolds is the one who gets all the plaudits across the ditch, but Johnson taught him a lesson in how to lead a team up the park. We got a bargain getting Shaun back. Criminally underrated player.

Still more to come from us in attack and we definitely dropped our discipline at points, but if we improve on that performance then we’ll be in with a shout in most games. A lot of chat about our centres at the moment but those were good performances from Arthars and Pompey, who are just two solid, well-rounded rugby league players. Nice to see Ed Kosi have a good game too.

Cowboys next week should be a sterner test. We’re about the same level as them at the minute for mine, which probably says more about how I feel about our coaching situation given that we have the better side on paper. Feels like our hopes this season are pretty much down to Johnson staying fit and building a good combination with the rest of the spine.
Can see the Aussie halves that moved clubs in the off season getting more plaudits than Johnson even if he does the same plays as them. Old Shaun Johnson had a higher ceiling for the freakish plays but even he'd likely admit he isn't that player anymore.

If Reynolds and Johnson both guide their side around the park well, kick to the corners it would be all headlines about Reynolds.

Last week on NRL360 I think it was that mentioned the Sharks moving Johnson on as these plays are what he couldn't provide but Hynes can. They are already hyping him up well too. The first round I was thinking they would miss Johnson as his try assists for the Sharks were up there. Hynes was pretty average besides the match winning kick. He has done a few plays good plays since than and they are already talking about Hynes and Finucane as the buys of the season.

As a Warriors fan we should be used to it and can see the funny side of it. If Johnson continues to play like he did on the weekend consistently it will help our side. The old plays will come but the main thing we need is his ball playing, the space he provides and his kicking.

Bushman

Contributor
Well that tackle happened pretty fast or off in another dimension. Totally not my phone.
Screenshot_20220404-153755_Samsung Internet.jpg

Love the breakdown, highlighting the skill of Shaun Johnson.

A quality half planning that far ahead, dragging Addin Fonua-Blake around with him as a weapon to use and creating space.

You don’t fully appreciate e it until you see it broken down like that.
Well written article, interesting talks about how Nikorima creates no space but Harris Tevita puts his body on the line and adds to it.👍

Gave it a B, as in could do better.

Nice to see Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake put away the silly offloads and just cart it straight and hard.

Kosi proved a lot of the doubters wrong in this game, looked like Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, but gave a better performance.

Walsh I think tends to overplay his hand, maybe needs the ball a little bit earlier, I'm not sure, but the timings of his runs don't look right.

The Shaun inside ball to Curran needs to be worked on more, poor old Curran is getting bashed all the time, I'd like Johnson to throw a dummy every now and then and have one of the centres running straight and hard, receiving the ball.

I think it proves that Chanel Harris-Tavita and Johnson are the combination to take us forward.

with Jazz most likely out, I'd play Murchie, unless Pene is back.

Nice to win, but the cowboys will be harder to beat this week.

Last edited:

playdaball

Heritage Member
I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but I was really impressed by the comradeship and genuine happiness shown after the win against the Broncos. The trio of Aitken, Walsh and Lodge Looked very pleased.

Is it just me or are some fans getting really excited as we’re in the top 8 after having only played teams in the bottom half of the table?
Even the analysts start bringing up the top 8 at this time of the year. It's pointless. Some teams could have a poor record but had played teams from the previous years top 4.

We have a tougher run coming up. We will see a bit more of what our season will look like over the next 6 weeks or so.

Even the analysts start bringing up the top 8 at this time of the year. It's pointless. Some teams could have a poor record but had played teams from the previous years top 4.

We have a tougher run coming up. We will see a bit more of what our season will look like over the next 6 weeks or so.
I think as a Warriors fan we need to grab onto any WIN or STAT that is remotely positive or it is back on the meds.

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but I was really impressed by the comradeship and genuine happiness shown after the win against the Broncos. The trio of Aitken, Walsh and Lodge Looked very pleased.
With so many years of low enthusiasm and effort it is so pleasing to see how they celebrate. I think we can confidently go into a gap knowing we will turn up in terms of effort now (since SK left). Our losses will come from lack of execution or composure for example rather than not giving a shit.

Personally I wasn't panicking as we were always going to improve. Still a fair way to go as well.

Best comment from Nathan Brown, we simplified this week to build combos and confidence but acknowledges we can't just stroll through the middle every week. We will continue to push to be more dynamic