Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Anyone else find it amazing the Tigers highest player is only on 500k? Their salary cap must be totally out of whack.
Where did you read that? That is totally incorrect.

Stefano Utoikamanu signed with the Tigers for $800k back in 2019. And I remember seeing reports recently that he's been upgraded to over $900k.

Stefano Utoikamanu signed with the Tigers for $800k back in 2019. And I remember seeing reports recently that he's been upgraded to over $900k.

Not to mention Klemmer, Api, Bateman, and Ice are all over that.

Pretty sure Jayden Sullivan was on 550k at the Dragons when Tigers took over/gave him a new contract too

I've raised the question previously about RTS and if we could get cap exception. The signing union players and cap exemption comes up every time the NRL get upset about losing a player. It has always been vague in terms of details. Does the policy exist as they keep announcing it, I'd assume it is only for the first contract.

This article clears things up a bit. It has quotes from an SMH article.

RTS doesn't qualify as he is signed for 2024 as it looks like it will start for 2025.

He also doesn't qualify and this is the main reason. He is a former league player. It is to get new players across to league, not former players back. So if Suaalii came back to the NRL in a few years he won't qualify either.

That’s the total contract over multiple years, not $800k per season. However as others have highlighted, Papalii signed for $600k a season, Koroisau is on about $700k and Klemmer is on huge money.

Taylan May has come out and said he would love to play with both of his brothers at a club. Both Taylan and Terrel are pretty decent and would improve our team, whereas Tyrone would likely be the one we don't really need - would it be worth trying to sign all 3 as a package deal or not worth it? I know Tyrone's known as a bit of a loose cannon off the field, but would have links to Webby.

Taylan May has come out and said he would love to play with both of his brothers at a club. Both Taylan and Terrel are pretty decent and would improve our team, whereas Tyrone would likely be the one we don't really need - would it be worth trying to sign all 3 as a package deal or not worth it? I know Tyrone's known as a bit of a loose cannon off the field, but would have links to Webby.
Good players!
Doubt they would all want to move to NZ. On the off chance that they did my concern would be how much trouble the three of them all together would cause.

They are all dickheads and would ruin the culture at the club.

Yeah DP is pretty insane......

Took me a while to click there haha

Personal experience?? If so, please find Jesus 😧 (You can find him tearing it up at MSS every weekend, from March)

Screen Shot 2023-12-12 at 2.47.08 PM.png

Back