Votes: 4 5.9%
  • C

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • D

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Hopeless

Votes: 50 73.5%

• Total voters
He is from Whangarei, and the family from the Hokianga. That is a common route, they only go to Auckland to get to the airport. The club is handicapped by that.

The Warriors are as attractive to NZ’s best juniors as they are to gun established NRL players.

They also have a very limited presence in the local league scene outside AKL so there’s not much more (if any) attachment to them than any of the other clubs.

So it just becomes a question of which is the better club for a lot of local juniors and the Warriors aren’t going to be the answer in most cases.

The Warriors are as attractive to NZ’s best juniors as they are to gun established NRL players.

They also have a very limited presence in the local league scene outside AKL so there’s not much more (if any) attachment to them than any of the other clubs.

So it just becomes a question of which is the better club for a lot of local juniors and the Warriors aren’t going to be the answer in most cases.
Its a death spiral the shiter the team does the shiter we can recruit until your so shit your spoon bowling year after year. Theres only one way out an thats to be coached out. There has never been a more important coach appointment in this clubs history we need someone to unlock our hidden potential. In Webser we trust🤞. First job for him is to get morgan well away from first grade an get some steel in the defence

I think we win that win if Johnson was playing, but ultimately it doesn’t matter and it was sadly a very fitting end to the season.

I don’t mean to dampen an already shit mood but, at least on paper, it would have to go down as the worst season yet.

6 Wins (from 24)=6 Wins (from 24)
18 Losses (from 24)=18 Losses (from 24)
14th Place (from 15)->15th Place (from 16)*
427 Points for->408 Points for
693 Points against->700 Points against*
-266 Point differential->-292 Point differential*
Worst loss, 52 Point deficit (58-6)->Worst loss, 60 point deficit (70-10)*
Conceded 40+ points, 7 games<-Conceded 40+ points, 6 games

*Record worst in history.

The only was is up you would hope, so fingers crossed history repeats itself from here on out to some extent? (coach resigned mid-season and replaced by a caretaker coach who didn’t do any better, the caretaker coach is replaced by someone that has been with the club before.. new coach takes us to consistent finals footy and eventually the grand final? Minus the salary cap breaches and grand final loss)

bruce

Contributor
I think we win that win if Johnson was playing, but ultimately it doesn’t matter and it was sadly a very fitting end to the season.

I don’t mean to dampen an already shit mood but, at least on paper, it would have to go down as the worst season yet.

6 Wins (from 24)=6 Wins (from 24)
18 Losses (from 24)=18 Losses (from 24)
14th Place (from 15)->15th Place (from 16)*
427 Points for->408 Points for
693 Points against->700 Points against*
-266 Point differential->-292 Point differential*
Worst loss, 52 Point deficit (58-6)->Worst loss, 60 point deficit (70-10)*
Conceded 40+ points, 7 games<-Conceded 40+ points, 6 games

*Record worst in history.

The only was is up you would hope, so fingers crossed history repeats itself from here on out to some extent? (coach resigned mid-season and replaced by a caretaker coach who didn’t do any better, the caretaker coach is replaced by someone that has been with the club before.. new coach takes us to consistent finals footy and eventually the grand final? Minus the salary cap breaches and grand final loss)
Great post brother. What give me a glass half full are the following:
The club was imploding from the top down, the average gate was only 10,000 FFS:rolleyes:
Eric Watson was the usual claytons owner, except with his fingers on whatever went into the till.🤔
Mad Mick Watson thought he was heyzeuss himself with so many crazy schemes one has to wonder what he was on.🤔
Daniel Anderson had found that screaming abuse at the Polynesian boys wasn't working any more, and neither was going to church with them:rolleyes:...he even pissed Stacey Jones off, which is a real achievement.
Tony Kemp as assistant made Justin Morgan look like Craig Bellamy, and then they made him head coach FFS:eek:
We had lost the guiding hand of Ivan Cleary in the backline, and Kevin Campion in the forwards.

Have not played at MSS for 3 seasons. Disruptions to family etc.
The owner is a definite improvement on Eric Watson
I believe the coaching situation is better.
Also for all his faults, Gorge is sane, sort of.

bruce

Contributor
Hard to say, a lot of its the luck of landing at the right club at the right time.

Nigel Vagana was better than Paul Whatuira (no slouch mind you) but Paul was the one who won two GFs after leaving.
RTS, Stacey Jones just for starters, easy to see why Adam Blair went to the Storm

I think there s been plenty of warriors that would have played gf s at other clubs
Good job for wrighty to go through a numerical analysis

Reactions: bruce
How many Warriors would have won GFs at other clubs?

I don’t think this is what you mean by your question but I have looked through for players who played at least one game for the Warriors, then left and went on to win a comp at another club..

Albert Vete, 2015-2018 (46 Games)
2020 Premiership w/ Storm

Jason Bukuya, 2014 (18 Games)
2016 Premiership w/ Sharks

Chad Townsend, 2014-2015 (41 Games)
2016 Premiership w/ Sharks

Sio Siua Taukeiaho, 2013 (1 Game)
2018, 2019 Premierships w/ Roosters

James Maloney, 2010-2012 (75 Games)
2013, 2016 Premierships w/ Roosters, Sharks

These are just the last 5 but from the looks of things you would have to look but pretty far back to find another, I may also be missing someone there.

There will likely be more this year with the likes of Lane, Papali’i, and O’Sullivan on contending teams, and you could paint a clearer picture if players who played on our juniors then went on to win a comp was included there.

Last edited: