16 J.Jolliffe E.Katoa 15
17 S.McIntyre K.Evans 16
19 S.Lisone J.Taunoa-Brown 17
20 T.Sexton J.Tevaga 18

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
Great to see Berry back. Are we still 100% on Aitken in the back row? We seem to be fine there but not great in the centres unless some young fella really starts to shine
Next year I don't want Aitken in the back row other than to fill in to cover injuries.
If we can get the best out of Katoa, Murchie, Curran, maybe Ale, Harris can play there then there is no need for him.
Hopefully Berry, Pompey and Vailea make it hard for him to make the team as a centre.
How good would we be going if that were the case.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Next year I don't want Aitken in the back row other than to fill in to cover injuries.
If we can get the best out of Katoa, Murchie, Curran, maybe Ale, Harris can play there then there is no need for him.
Hopefully Berry, Pompey and Vailea make it hard for him to make the team as a centre.
I agree, I prefer him at centre and with our historic shakey edges on D we need it

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
I’d love to see Ale given a chance at Lock but possibly question his aerobic stamina for the position.
I get the theory around Sironen and his skill set but I think one of the areas we haven’t been strong this year is at lock. Probably asking a bit more in attack like Trabojavic at Manly

Reactions: wizards rage

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Because he brings something different to the Team.. hate him or like he still part of a struggling Club that continues to improved when he plays 📞
David Lange or Tattoo would bring something different to the team but I wouldn't select them either. I've not seen the team improve when he's on the field - last week was evidence of this as was the previous two weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: Cces and Spudstar

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Lodge free to play.

Wonder if Justin Morgan showed footage of Walsh getting caught high and getting straight up to play the ball and seasoned guys like Rapana staying down for pretty similar shots. James Graham made comment on it on nrl 360 and looks like it was noticed, the raiders tactics.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Is this the first time a Warrior has beaten a charge at the judiciary?
Struggling to remember. A key to the victory was the assistant coach defending him instead of a lawyer. They said the Warriors copied Ivan Cleary's example.
Reading the through the article Justin got really technical and the NRL lawyer couldn't match his expertise so there was only going to be one winner in that debate. Had Lodge use the regular Warriors lawyer we would have no doubt lost.
Probably a blue print for how we should approach all future challenges.

Edit - also want to add that Lodge avoiding adding to his rap sheet/future loading was as much of a victory as was making him available this weekend.

Mack 10

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 26, 2018
Struggling to remember. A key to the victory was the assistant coach defending him instead of a lawyer. They said the Warriors copied Ivan Cleary's example.
Reading the through the article Justin got really technical and the NRL lawyer couldn't match his expertise so there was only going to be one winner in that debate. Had Lodge use the regular Warriors lawyer we would have no doubt lost.

Edit - also want to add that Lodge avoiding adding to his rap sheet/future loading was as much of a victory as was making him available this weekend.
Yeah totally agree, a former player/coach is going to be able to argue the technical aspects of the game far better than a lawyer. Good to see they’re adapting their approach like that.
Also agree re Lodge contesting the charge and beating it, the guy is an absolute monster on the field but looks like he’s going to be a judiciary target for how ever long he plays in the NRL so pretty important the club doesn’t just accept early guilty pleas when they’ve got a genuine chance of beating the charge.
Hope the boys finish strong with a win over the Titans this weekend.

Spudstar

U20's Player
Jun 17, 2021
David Lange or Tattoo would bring something different to the team but I wouldn't select them either. I've not seen the team improve when he's on the field - last week was evidence of this as was the previous two weeks.

Well he won't be missed this weekend when they play the 18th man over him...so I hope they have a Go....

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Because he brings something different to the Team.. hate him or like he still part of a struggling Club that continues to improved when he plays 📞
In his last 8 games he's gained an average of 57m & made 18 of his 19 tackle attempts in 27 minutes of game time. He has also averaged either an error or penalty each game too. On the plus side he creates an offload each game.
Personally I think our 2 best games of the season have been against the Panthers & the Titans & he wasn't involved in either

Reactions: Spudstar

ottosump

Personally, I think the key to victory was the fact that Harry Grant got off scott free and there was absolutely no way of denying his attempt was not premeditated.

Reactions: Wrighty

roadrunner

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 7, 2016
Tauranga
Only way to finish our season off is to thump the Titans regardless of whose in the team..SIMPLE game plan turn up turn on then win.I don't as a fan want them to go out and stand around like they are on holiday.Warriors by 12+.

Reactions: Spudstar

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Titans motivation for the match to depend on sharks vs storm
If Titans have a chance at making the eight when they play us then the result will be a Titans victory.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Titans motivation for the match to depend on sharks vs storm
If Titans have a chance at making the eight when they play us then the result will be a Titans victory.
True that. If it was possible (being in a bubble?) you would keep the result from the players. Play like your season depended on it. Good pressure situation for building resilience and a single win for them is the difference between 8th (equal on PD) and 10th.

Massive difference to grow from for next season.

Reactions: roadrunner

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings