Votes: 1 1.2%
  • F#@*!!!

Votes: 74 90.2%

• Total voters

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Lodge has put up a pretty raw instagram post. I think he is sick of being the bad guy, and it is hurting when he can't turn it around.

He just seemed really disappointed. He is in rehabilitation, but it is a game where opposition players are not going to let that happen if there is a chink in the armour that can be exploited.

Capture.PNG

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Since he’s been back in the NRL I don’t think he’s done many things wrong. Yesterday a lot of emotions boiled over for a lot of the boys, and with the exception of him flipping off the crowd I don’t think he’s actually done anything wrong.

He’s a good player, offers the Warriors something we need desperately, and I enjoy watching him play. Happy he’s in our team
And if he’s able to reign it in a little bit, we’ll be sweet next year

Afakasi247

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 5, 2014
Lodge has put up a pretty raw instagram post. I think he is sick of being the bad guy, and it is hurting when he can't turn it around.

He just seemed really disappointed. He is in rehabilitation, but it is a game where opposition players are not going to let that happen if there is a chink in the armour that can be exploited.

View attachment 45070
Decent response.

For the most part, he's kept his nose clean the last few years. But as you've said, sometimes trouble finds you and it's in those moments which truly define where you're at as a person.

I have no doubt the titans players, Wallace in particular, would've dug right into Lodge.

Lodge, like most of the squad, would've been at their witts end at how the season has turned out, and the adversities the club has/are continuing to face.

Lodge also is a huge target for the refs, continuously being held up for minor offenses and being put on report for fuck all, which is leading to suspensions. Meaning he misses out on playing time and would make him feel he's letting the team down.

Those frustrations can come to a head - and yesterday they did for Lodge and others.

Can tell after he flipped the bird at the crowd he immediately regretted it.

He will always pay for what he did in the past - but doesn't mean he should be denied the chance to be a better person - and doesn't mean he should be subjected to unnecessary sledging, but sledging is apart of the game and he'll just need to learn to better deal with those instances.

First step is acknowledgment, which he has done.

Peewee

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 20, 2020
Wallace sounds like a dick head tbh, his post match vs lodges is chalk and cheese.
I liked reading lodges message, taking accountability for things and looking to address them.
Now is the time for the club as a whole to LAY IT ON THE LINE about the shit that is being dished out every week to the warriors team. And I am talking about telling it as it is to the top of the NRL.
There is no way Lodge is any worse than any other prop in the NRL yet gets the rough end of the stick every game.
As for N Brown at least back your players to a degree

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Listening to SENZ (sport radio station in NZ - support it guys!) and they had Ben Okeefe, a international referee explaining the red card decisions and having a talk about the All Blacks test. Entertaining and let’s us as fans understand the thought process and rules.

I started really following the Warriors in the mid 2000’s when Price, Maloney etc were on the radio every week. It engaged me as a fan. We don’t get that anymore. We get nothing from the officials, or NRL management in NZ. The officials actually seem to be shielded.

Engage the fans and the you will gain the fans respect and understanding

Reactions: Big_Fattz

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
unfortunately hes under contract with us until 2022

So Evans is going to miss 7 games? I'm really confused here? would there be grounds to dismiss him as it seems he's intentionally getting suspended to collect free pay cheques?

Not a fan of old Mohawk man getting involved in all of this and openly blaming players and saying he'll be dishing out his own punishment. Fuck off back to your rich bunker cu** this was just a normal game that flared up and the boys dont need you riding them as well. Where the fuck have you been when everyone's been saying how shit they get treated by refs?

Feel very very sorry for Lodge. Clearly a man dealing with some demons who uses rugby as a outlet and is completely mauled for the smallest indiscretions. His past just won't let him go and I have grave concerns for his mental health moving forward and the health of our team as a result. We really can't have nice things can we.

This is also very shit from the NRL - Titans trio Mitch Rein (dangerous contact), Jarrod Wallace (contrary conduct) and Jamal Fogarty (dangerous throw) have avoided suspensions leading into Saturday's final with the Roosters and can accept fines.

So Walsh will get suspended for being 3 man in but Jarrod Wallace charges at lodges and gets nothing?

But my biggest gripe is with Evans! fucking sack him and incur the cost. If anyone recalls I said I love the mongrel our pack has when we signed all these blokes but I worried that there's not much IQ between them all and very rough pasts ( including Addin Fonua-Blake our captains) and it could come back to bite us in the arse. Which it has.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
This is also very shit from the NRL - Titans trio Mitch Rein (dangerous contact), Jarrod Wallace (contrary conduct) and Jamal Fogarty (dangerous throw) have avoided suspensions leading into Saturday's final with the Roosters and can accept fines.

So Walsh will get suspended for being 3 man in but Jarrod Wallace charges at lodges and gets nothing?
Wasn’t there a classic hip drop on DWZ as well?

I think why Walsh gets suspended is because this is at least his 2nd charge for the same thing. Wallace has been charged for contrary conduct

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
unfortunately hes under contract with us until 2022
Pissed off.

The whole game turned to shit once the ref put Lodge on report for the first tackle on Wallace when he milked it. Now confirmed there was nothing in it!

Lodge snapped after that, after the week prior also put on report and facing the judiciary for a nothing tackle. Was barely a penalty until he stayed down. Putting him on report was just antagonistic. The refs targeted Lodge and he went red. He was broken. Almost kicked out at Wallace and almost flared up then and there. Then he smashing Fafita in the back then taking out the man off the ball. His was mentally fucked over.

Youse got what youse wanted refs… the whole frustrated ending of that match stemmed from that fake place on report.

Last edited:

Tianasnow14

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 8, 2019
Ive watch this team religiously since I was a 9 years. For the last 8-9 years we have watched our team get man handled by forward packs. Our players have stood there while they get hit high, late or even poked in the eye. Yeah we got fucked up yesterday, but our front row is scarey we can march up field easily. If one of our boys gets some grubby shit happen to him Ala (berry getting pushed in the back.) It's gonna be on. We need kients like Tevaga, Lodge, Montoya, DWZ, Walshy, and Evans that will stick up for the team mates. Yesterday was a shit performance. Sending offs all pretty fair. Lodge and Walshy have gotta be carefulthey need to be out there. But mate I feel we are only missing 3 things. Polish (Johnson on the back of sets), Confidence (string some fuckn wins together.), and Continuity (keep our top team healthy and on the field.) I'm really excited about next season. Hope this helps some of you fans that are depressed 🤣

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Wasn’t there a classic hip drop on DWZ as well?

I think why Walsh gets suspended is because this is at least his 2nd charge for the same thing. Wallace has been charged for contrary conduct

oh bro! no penalty for that as well and that was a horrible hip drop!

Reactions: Noitall

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Its a pain in the ass having players suspended for round 1. Besides the obvious they are missing but we will be trying to keep occupied during the off season with threads for your team for 2022 or your round 1 team.

There will be some cheeky person with a long memory pointing out your team is pretty good but Lodge, Walsh, Evans are out suspended.

Besides feeling down cause of our chances for round 1, or someone picked apart your team. It also reminds you of the shit show of a performance we had yesterday.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
oh bro! no penalty for that as well and that was a horrible hip drop!
If we all chip in $10 of our hard earned we can get someone to put a lovely little compilation of all the bs calls we get one week, then players get off the next week. I would love to see the refs response.

I mean, how can anyone justify that last try and say Motueka was behind the kicker. You can freeze frame it and see that’s not the case! Yet we get a forward pass call earlier where the commentators say “sometimes the touchie can get tricked by a optical illusion where it looks forward”.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
If we all chip in $10 of our hard earned we can get someone to put a lovely little compilation of all the bs calls we get one week, then players get off the next week. I would love to see the refs response.

I mean, how can anyone justify that last try and say Motueka was behind the kicker. You can freeze frame it and see that’s not the case! Yet we get a forward pass call earlier where the commentators say “sometimes the touchie can get tricked by a optical illusion where it looks forward”.

Double movement on the fafita try, wrong call on the forward pass at crucial time, missed hip drop on DWZ but also missed yellow card for holding player back on Hiku.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings