16 E.Katoa E.Guler 15
17 J.Tevaga C.Horsburgh 16
20 R.Berry S.Havili 17
21 K.Evans D.Lui 19

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Where does NB fit into the culprit list

Some of his team selections particularly through the middle of the season were decidely awful
Hi Dixpat

I was really frustrated with some of the selections nb made so hear you 100 percent

However nb gets on that up and down list just because his initials don’t include the letters s or k
The fact he is not sk meant we had a fantastic recruiting year even if we under achieved on the field

The other mitigation brown and all coaches have for bad selections is that players careers are at stake.
It must be hard to drop a guy like kodi from the halves until he has had a ton of second chances and blown them

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
So who would be our player of the year? This is my order but not clear:

Montoya - played the entire year to a very high standard
Addin Fonua-Blake - elite output but missed a chunk of the season.
Aitken - injured early but finished strong. Quiet consistent achiever without being a game changer.
Harris - great without being exceptional. Out for a significant part of the season as well.
Curran - high peak but up and down early in the season

Has Montoya been our player of the year or has Addin Fonua-Blake done enough over the season? Or has Aitken done enough?
I vote Montoya
I would have to really rack my brain to think of an error he made this year
His emergence also allowed us to end the ken legacy

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Reactions: Afakasi247 and Cces

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands

Aitken - injured early but finished strong. Quiet consistent achiever without being a game changer.
Harris - great without being exceptional. Out for a significant part of the season as well.

Has Montoya been our player of the year or has Addin Fonua-Blake done enough over the season? Or has Aitken done enough?
Yup very tight between Montoya and Addin Fonua-Blake. for me, id go with most improved Montoya and player of the year... Addin Fonua-Blake. He has been the leader every time he steps foot on the field. Carrys this team every single week without fail.

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
I would stick with Pompey, I know Berry is exciting and he will take hikus spot next year, but I like the hiku Dallin Watene-Zelezniak Combo and also Pompey has played more left side this season then Berry so would not disrupt the team to much imo.
I reacon were more of a chance having Berry than Pompey every day of the week. More speed, defensively good and from what ive seen, can put his winger away. Pompey halts our attack a lot. Seems to have lost a bit of speed from last year imo

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013

Aitken and Curren for me have been the most consistent performers,

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Hi Dixpat

I was really frustrated with some of the selections nb made so hear you 100 percent

However nb gets on that up and down list just because his initials don’t include the letters s or k
The fact he is not sk meant we had a fantastic recruiting year even if we under achieved on the field

The other mitigation brown and all coaches have for bad selections is that players careers are at stake.
It must be hard to drop a guy like kodi from the halves until he has had a ton of second chances and blown them

We are not privy to all selection decisions, for instance we fired up about Kodi's absence last week, until we found about the birth of his child. There were probably many strange selections that would make sense isf we knew all the facts.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I'll put it here as we are playing them this week instead of the Raiders thread. I was critical of Stuart brushing off the Warriors staying in Australia last year saying it wasn't a big deal and they'd easily do it. Even though in the past he left Sydney due to family ditching the Eels rebuild.

Well after relocating to Queensland he has a bit of a different view. Hopefully we beat them again and he changes his view on what dressing room he'd rather be in.

Meanwhile, Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says he’s expecting the Warriors to be tough to defend against.

“They’ve got nothing to lose,” Stuart said.

“They’ll throw the ball around, there will be no conservative football and that makes it even tougher defensively.

“We’ve really got to be on our game defensively, because they’re a big, powerful football team that are good under second-phase play.

“Just on that, having a six-week experience in this hub, these (Warriors) boys have been doing it for two years and I take my hat off to them,” he added.

“They’ve been the backbone of keeping this competition alive and having a bit of time with them whilst in camp, a lot of those boys are doing a great job in how they’re handling it with their families.

“They haven’t seen a lot of their families for two years, so I commend them and congratulate them on how Cameron (George, Warriors CEO) and Nathan (Brown, Warriors coach), have helped make it as easy as possible for their players.”

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Can’t believe you guys can talk about player of the year and not bring in Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

So easily forgotten….
I think our player of the season needs to have played the majority of the games, which rules him out to me.

Plus while he was very good, I didn’t feel he was not up to his usual elite standard (couldn’t even hold down the fullback position 🤣). Ultimate professional but we were saying he looked distracted this year.

Reactions: J_P

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings