• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
I don’t know why I agree with you so often
You are right Bruce
They are chipping away at the game banning one type of tackle after another
And speeding the game up so that eventually the best forwards will be victor radley cam Murray type forwards instead of Payne haas and tapau
It is insidious
I am going to run the risk of a real crack across the knuckles from the pc brigade but the nrl is also encouraging kissing after tries are scored.
I can’t watch try celebrations as it kissing happens frequently. Not with the warriors but with the Sydney teams. And that is being encouraged by head office as part of the pc movement. I
Ok please don’t ban me. I am 50 year old from the 1970s
think of me as a relic

edit if it helps don’t want to watch the women nrl players kiss after each try they score either
Kissing shouldn’t be a part of sports

go take your pills old fella

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Want to have my say about the coach after watching him all season

we should let him play out his contract for 3 years or whatever then move on
Nathan brown over trusts youth players
Berry should not have played this match ahead of Pompey
Vailea was selected ahead of Pompey
Kosi got lots of runs when he wasn’t ready
The most important example though is Reece Walsh. Playing him at fullback at 19 is a daring and edgey move by the coach but the right one.
But wait
1) he is our fullback for 80 minutes each game
2) the coach asked him to take the kickoffs from half way
3) the coach asked him to take the touch finders from penalties
4) the coach asked him to take the goal line drop outs
5) the Coach asked him to do the goal kicking
6) the coach asked him to take the game winning drop goal attempts on behalf of the team in the last 5 minutes of the game
all in his first year
He was also put into a situation where the score was 16 to 18 with 30 seconds left against Brisbane and asked to tie the game with a conversion with the season resting on the kick

all in his first year at 19

Nathan Brown is dumb for doing those things in my view and we will not win a premiership with him. But we will build a roster
Don’t hold high hopes until he is gone is my conclusion after thinking about his performance over the whole season
Fair comments, but then when we first signed Walsh Brownie was being roundly criticised for not playing him long enough/at five eighty; and Brownies reasoning was he wanted to take pressure off the kid and prevent injury. Hard to reconcile?

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
go take your pills old fella
Haha
Yeah I was out in Lala land over that post
I just assume they are kissing as they press their faces so close together after a try
I have no evidence for my post and it was a poor post with out being sure of my facts
Yes put it down to a senior moment
I am old
Thx for not minding my nonsense old man shakes fist at cloud rant

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: CHURCUZ and diehard

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Fair comments, but then when we first signed Walsh Brownie was being roundly criticised for not playing him long enough/at five eighty; and Brownies reasoning was he wanted to take pressure off the kid and prevent injury. Hard to reconcile?
I think they lost sight of their initial plan to ease him in and things just sort of gathered momentum

Fonzie did you track Nathan browns comments about Walsh
At first the comments were
“He is a young kid and he has a lot to learn please don’t get over excited about him. If you are to get excited be so over his willingness to learn and absorb. We won’t be rushing him in.as he is young”

then things progressed after the broncos game to
“He is our kicker we will back him. All goal kickers have off days”
Ie he was talked about as an incumbent main goal kicker and person in the team just ten games after his debut

everyone’s strength is their weakness
Reece Walsh Is confident and is probably over confident
The coaching staff bought into him putting up his hand for everything and they should not have

Questions for you Fonzie four of them
I don’t mean to put you on the spot and they are rhetorical questions

1) who is the more experienced and proven goal kicker out of chad Townsend and Reece Walsh ?
2) who was chosen to do the goal kicking in the Brisbane game ?
3) how many years experience as a kicker does Townsend have ?
4) his many years of experience does Reece Walsh have as a kicker ?

Reactions: Fonzie

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Lodge is having a horror run with suspensions. We can't have him consistenly missing games

Have to question the wisdom of fighting the charge. If he accepted he misses one game, he is contesting and if found guilty misses 2 meaning gone for Rd1. Is it worth the risk?

Last edited:
Reactions: CHURCUZ

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Interesting stat last weekend. Despite dominating possession in the 1st half we had 100 less PCM despite 15 more carries! Hopefully Justin Morgan getting Lodge off his charge is one of his final acts at the club
20210903_160425.jpg

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Interesting stat last weekend. Despite dominating possession in the 1st half we had 100 less PCM despite 15 more carries! Hopefully Justin Morgan getting Lodge off his charge is one of his final acts at the club
View attachment 45045
Good stat! The Raiders were physically big units and apart from our starting props, the rest of our forwards were only average to small size.

When possession evened up second half, the ‘good big men will always beat a good little man’ started to show.

Reactions: Cces

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
View attachment 45045
Against a better team completing more sets we would have struggled. With 15 more runs and only 6 more metres to show for it, I think it shows how quickly opposition teams come off their line to meet our player with the ball as opposed to how we let the ball runner get to our line of defence.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Against a better team completing more sets we would have struggled. With 15 more runs and only 6 more metres to show for it, I think it shows how quickly opposition teams come off their line to meet our player with the ball as opposed to how we let the ball runner get to our line of defence.
We get pinged consistently when we move as fast as the other team… I think we gave away several 6 agains for being off side in that game and got none, even though the stats suggest the Raider we’re up faster…

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Yeah there's too noticeable a difference in line speed between us and top 8 sides and probably all too common to put it down to purely the ref picking on us.......and unfortunately for Morgan has to be considered another failing for the defensive coach.

I put it down to probably being to slow to transition from attack to defence. The mindset to swith to D needs to be instantaneous rather than worrying about what just happened on the last. Watching the good teams defend attacks coming off their line you notice apart from rushing up quick is they compress their line to reduce space as most sides only run 1 out on early tackles.......and this transition is immediate after a turnover so that defensive mindset is just in bred in good sides.

There are times we do quite well trapping teams coming off their line but the other noticeable difference is too often our guys will move forward a metre or 2 but then set themselves for the tackle allowing the ball carrier to eat up metres before reaching them........other teams dont stop to set......they just carry on taking those yards so even if they dont quite get a good hit on the ball carrier they've stopped all momnetum.

There are certain players that lead line speed and will drag others with them, and Jazz Tevaga is one of them for us and we've missed this recently with Brownie noticeably limiting his time or prefering others......and while we have a plethora of backrowers available this is where Brown hasnt quite got right that delicate mix of balance.....including the interchange.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings