Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
We’s got what we’s wanted!!!!!

IMG_1200.jpeg

Gould definitely knows how to orchestra this via the media also.

You would think a genuine request for a release would go to the club first and be totally in-house - rather than breaking in the media via Aussie journalists. Fishy as
Yeah I would love to know who leaked it. Defo wouldn’t have been the Warriors!! Also how did they think that would help the cause….

Taumalolo is a bad idea for me, I would rather Neame!
Right now, With SJ possibly in his last year. And playing like he deserves to be a Daily M Medal Winner. Tohu the glue of this team may or may not be around much longer, Hoping his body holds up. Addin sticking around for one more year. This is our window of opportunity- 2024. I'd take Taumalolo to Partner Addin right now. He is a game breaker. Neame is good for the future. But time is not on our side. Taumalolo all day.

Problem with Taumalolo is that he's signed till the end of 2027- that's another 4 years- and he's already 30.
Id take him for the next couple of years at 800,000-900,000 no problem but a 4yr deal at his age at that price is asking for trouble.

Problem with Taumalolo is that he's signed till the end of 2027- that's another 4 years- and he's already 30.
Id take him for the next couple of years at 800,000-900,000 no problem but a 4yr deal at his age at that price is asking for trouble.
Reckon you could take a gamble that you could offload him to super league for the final one or two seasons if required. Will always be a big name in the league world.

Why would he want to come here and then be offloaded to ESL to take a paycut in that comp again? whole cap for ESL teams is 2.1m pounds, which is roughly 33% of an NRL team...
He might be worth holding onto until the end of his contract, JWH is 34. Can’t predict the future but would address it down the line with super league a possibility.

We’d still be paying freight in that scenario- not much money in the super league these days.

I mean, if the issue is that we would likey have to pay 200k for two years to ship him off to the ESL (500k for a 33 year old Taumalolo is still a good deal for an ESL club), but we win the whole comp nek year in think that would be worth every cent

Dont get it tbh.

Either u desperately need to be with your sick family (which is fine) or u dont.

Sucks that this played out publically.......oh well upshot is if the big alpha prop we all wanted as insurance wasnt a priority for recruitment......it sure as hell is now,

Back