General Round 22: Game day vs Brisbane

• Thread starter The 22 BEAST_old
  • Start date

danpatmac_old

Locke was amazing - he will be the next superstar fullback
Tupou is a new man, what a good returner of the football.
Berrigan - Best game for the club.
Brown - He is a forward, and a damn good one.
Manu - didn't get any ball in space all night, see above.
Maloney - I think he will play origin.
Johnson - OMG, that try... still learning, and when he does.... he will dominate.
Rapira, Lillyman, Packer - excellent
Matulino - looked tired
Mannering - Massive on D
Mateo - some bad decisions and quiet offensively
Luck - was Micheal Luck
Heremaia - This guy is the reason why we cannot win the comp this year, Nathan Friend is exactly why we CAN next year. Option taking (especially inside 30m of goal line was abysmal...) Friend can't come soon enough for me.
Godinet - looked a bit awestruck, uneventful apart from a couple of hits... still not convinced TBH
Taylor - time to bring in big Ukuma

Fazz_old

Fair call...we could do with his mongrel. We need a win next week, a loss there and we have to face the Dragons who will start showing desperation if they lose this week and we're in a spot of bother. That said, I think we are then capable of beating the Knights who have been overachieving lately.

Magic Stick_old

Invisible was probaly a bit extreme...Taylors impact on a game is very minimal

Id just like to see Tai'i play down the right with Mateo on the left

Iafeta_old

I thought there were a few key plays that came back to haunt us.

Godinet's knock on out of dummy half in their 10 metre zone to turn the ball over... the defence running in to get no one to let Hodges have an unrestricted run to the line (messrs Brown, Johnson and Vatuvei all caught out like headless chooks)... Packer's silly short pass at the end... Godinet's positioning as the A defender when Lockyer took it to the line for them to score was also very poor. I think one that slipped under the radar was Bill Tupou coming off his wing leaving Gerard Beale completely unmarked for a try. I thought that was an extremely poor play.

Some of the individual attack was outstanding. Johnson and Locke's tries were amazing. I thought we were held in the pack which held us back a bit, aside from Lillyman. I thought he was outstanding.

Despite the loss I'm still confident we can go deep into the finals. We have posted on here about a lack of X factor at times being the thing that could inhibit us in a tight game. Well, some of the plays the Warriors have come up in the last 5 weeks have been amazing. Now if we can tighten up the left edge defence I think we cover off our biggest defensive deficiency. Moon back into the centres, Brown to the bench, unfortunately Taylor probably misses out. I thought Brown was very good out of dummy half and got a lot of sets going forward, unfortunately on the Hodges' try he got exposed fairly badly.

Northern_Union

I thought Taylor went about his business well lastnight and Heremia had one of his better games for the club. We actually looked better when Aaron was on the park.

JonB_old

I thought Heremia had a good game, especially on defense, attack so-so but overall good.

sebastian_old

Godinets first tight game, would've been a learning experience. Still think the kid has class, will be great for us.

Don't want him dropped. Hes shown great signs of his ability to create direct attack. I think hes shown more than Mara this season. Of course not writing Mara off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patu_old

I'd definitely look to bring Lance back in to the side, altho he has been struggling with his knee injury.

I think games like last night, you need your experienced, big game players on board. Despite his failings, Lance is a big game player and we'll need him come semi-finals time.

Godinet has done well in his short stint, but I'd prefer him to have a taste and then drop back down to the Vulcans.

danpatmac_old

I'd definitely look to bring Lance back in to the side, altho he has been struggling with his knee injury.

I think games like last night, you need your experienced, big game players on board. Despite his failings, Lance is a big game player and we'll need him come semi-finals time.

Godinet has done well in his short stint, but I'd prefer him to have a taste and then drop back down to the Vulcans.

I agree