• C

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • F#@*!!!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I knew the haircuts and the day trips didn't influence the bounce of the ball LOL but of all the other kicks in the game this is "the one" that Walsh chased and put himself in exactly the right spot to catch it off the bounce.

On your very own rational, all the other kicks don't mean that this one wasn't the one the two practiced over and over again.

We can agree to disagree 🤣
Haha okay last response and I’m done!
My main point is that Chanel Harris-Tavita executed poorly and it took a huge bounce to save his poor kick. Walsh is a winner and chases everything with hunger, so Chanel Harris-Tavita was lucky to a degree that Walsh was there (although interestingly all his other kicks had people chasing and they weren’t able to save those kicks).
Look at where the ball bounces, and where the ball is put down by Walsh, looks to me at least 3 - 4 metres difference. Chanel Harris-Tavita largely kicked the ball straight on, so the ball took a massive off break
007FBD1A-D391-49CD-A799-87E155DC1EF0.png
D8CB6929-A7F1-440C-A7B9-4149B111FC84.png

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I am thrilled for the guys getting some wins.
Sure I would like to sneak into the eight but any wins from here on are helpful to soothe over an unlucky season.
These wins are helping our guys self esteem tremendously. We are walking taller and the team is bonding.
As I mentioned an earlier post, even though in life you learn from mistakes, in sports you really only learn from winning.
On the weekend coming out after half time it was the warriors who played with composure. And believe it or not it looked like we knew how to win and how to do game management.
Next week we should click even better

Hope we get more wins as encouragement to the team for their commitment all season

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Seems a lot of criticism over the kicking, in the 2nd Half Warriors had a strong breeze behind them, so they were looking to pin the Dogs into the corners late in the tackle count. They didn't kick too high or long to risk 7 tackle sets. I think they played it smart.

RobRoyMcCoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2012
I personally thought Chanel Harris-Tavita played well and is improving weekly. Any sort of combo he can build with Reece Lightning can only be good.

I even though Sean O'Sullivan wasn't too bad to the point where Le Chad coming straight back in may not be a fait acompli.

Having Evans, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Le Chad available can only make our team stronger. What is the word on Sironen? How long is he out for? If he is fit does he come back in? I cannot see who would be dropped from the forwards to fit him back in.

Also, I enjoyed Egan's crisp passing from DH. Brought our runners onto the ball nicely. Our togetherness really showed on the weekend, and I was impressed by our composure and general defence.

To be fair, the Dogs were pretty garbage on attack and we kept them in the game by not making the most of our chances. However, it was so good to be 14 points up with a significant time on the clock and not feeling queasy.

Lastly, how good was that long range penalty goal by Walsh! The self belief and talent are fantastic. Brown is doing a great job bringing him on and in general with the rest of the team. Considering we are down Tohu Harris, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, LAM and the Fusitua, all first graders if fit, he deserves credit for his work and as other posters have noted, his demeanour is in stark contract to Barrett, who clearly spends too much time with Sticky the sook.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
  • Haha
Reactions: Rick O'Shay

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I have already posted my pet theory, which I have no proof for, that the refs pick on the lower ranked teams with poor calls and give a red carpet to the top four teams.
In my eyes my theory was substantiated today.
I thought we got the rub of the green on the calls for most of the game as the ref shafted the dogs on a number of 50 50 calls in our favour.
Nothing new here for me. Every dogs match I watch they get the short end of the stick.
true...but we got a dud call on a try...that he squared up later with an offside that led to Reece Walsh's try. Although I would love to hear that Walsh is really that quick!!

Reactions: dantheman

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Have just notioced

Due to Sunday’s fixtures being held at a non-standard venue and subsequently all available angles of incidents not being available to the NRL immediately following the match as would normally be the case, the Judiciary Chairman has allowed an extension until 10am tomorrow to complete the Match Review process.
”Non-standard venue“ ahh… that explains how a microphone was placed next to the recycle bin then. Every 5 minutes bottles crashing, surely I’m not the only one who picked up on that. 😂

Katoa has to be charged despite the limited angles.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Have just notioced

Due to Sunday’s fixtures being held at a non-standard venue and subsequently all available angles of incidents not being available to the NRL immediately following the match as would normally be the case, the Judiciary Chairman has allowed an extension until 10am tomorrow to complete the Match Review process.
Annesley in his weekly review dissects this assault on Kosi and said the MRC has not charged Katoa as it is not a head shot but the penalty was warranted due to the late hit - now go figure that

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Can’t believe they charged Reece Walsh for pushing James… but didn’t see any problem with the Katoa shoulder to the head, or swinging arm to the throat a few tackles later.

inept.
If it was the other way around guarantee the Bulldog doing the push wouldn’t have been charged and the Warrior shoulder charging to the head would have been gone for the season.

Guaranteed.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
You can't compete with anyone who just watches the game rather than targeting Chanel Harris-Tavita on everything. You saying every one of his kicks was shit is an absolute garbage statement.
Haha and then you follow with an even more garbage statement. Go back and read what I posted first of all and come back to me. In fact it’s quite funny, I just checked and saw you liked my original statement where I wasn’t saying everyone of his kicks were garbage…get a bit of context mate 😂

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings