Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
What middles do we coming through other than Zyon Maiu’u? He looks the goods but until he plays FG you never know and even if he has the goods it takes time for middles to handle constant FG. We will need to recruit one or two middles for 2025 even if Zyon Maiu’u is playing well. I wonder if we can get anyone from ESL as they can make much more money in the NRL.

What middles do we coming through other than Zyon Maiu’u? He looks the goods but until he plays FG you never know and even if he has the goods it takes time for middles to handle constant FG. We will need to recruit one or two middles for 2025 even if Zyon Maiu’u is playing well. I wonder if we can get anyone from ESL as they can make much more money in the NRL.
That could be the benefit of recruiting someone like Taumalolo to continue the experienced prop role after AFB goes and drive training standards and recruit a young prop for 2025. Still feel like we lack a towering prop coming through so maybe someone like Ben Te Kura?

tanner Stowers smith as well but still very young!!

Thank fuck for that. But.... I do feel a bit salty about how this all unravelled. It feels like our mans was about to cheat on us. But we begged him not too. Promised him the head will get better. Took him back, But the thought of him cheating on us is still in the back of our minds. Cos he may still want to lay some pipe in Aus and leave us at anytime. Lets hope SJ , Webby & co can pull it off for the team 👀 🤣

Ahh, Don't mind me. Thanks for staying Addin!! . For now. If you leave I'll take my thanks back.
Late one cuz I was at work at the time but man did this kill me having a read man 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Addin loves that good head

The most rose tinted, optimistic glasses version of all this is that AFB genuinely has family concerns and this call came about coincidentally after Nov 1. The Warriors have then said "Mate, we understand, let's try to make this work, give you some extra time in aussie after games, etc, and we'll see what we can do to make this tenable beyond 2024" and AFB has been like "$$$$.. I mean, yep, sure".

Do I believe it for a second? Fuck no, but I'm allowed to dream.

Far too many people are confusing a contract for loyalty. They are not the same thing.

"Contract ain't worth the paper it's written on"

"honour your contract"

Funny thing is he has honoured his contract, to the letter, by following the agreed process for requesting a release.

Loyalty died a long time ago. Contracts are doing the job they are meant to do.

Tanner Stowers-Smith.

Ben Peni has big wraps but didn’t start as many games for the SG ball side as most people would’ve thought. He’s probably closer to the AFB mould, he’s a giant, while Tanner is a lot smaller,

Sifakula might transition to prop with rate at which he continues to add size. Probably out most of next year anyway in terms of development.

Last edited:
Tanner Stowers-Smith.

Ben Peni has big wraps but didn’t start as many games for the SG ball side as most people would’ve thought. He’s probably closer to the AFB mould, he’s a giant, while Tanner is a lot smaller,

Sifakula might transition to prop with rate at which he continues to add size. Probably our most of next year anyway in terms of development.
I need to watch more cup games but the ones I saw I though Zyon Maiu’u was easily ahead of Tanner Stowers-Smith as a prop. He looked to get more post contact meters and had lots of aggression in his hit ups.
Will Ben Peni be in the cup next year? Hard enough to watch cup games let alone SG ball. As for Sifakula I liked what I saw of him. He looks to be more of an edge player so I hope we don't force players to play out of position just to fill a gap.

Tanner Stowers-Smith.

Sifakula might transition to prop with rate at which he continues to add size. Probably our most of next year anyway in terms of development.
People say he’s got good hands - is he a Tohu style ‘prop’ do you think?

I need to watch more cup games but the ones I saw I though Zyon Maiu’u was easily ahead of Tanner Stowers-Smith as a prop. He looked to get more post contact meters and had lots of aggression in his hit ups.
Will Ben Peni be in the cup next year? Hard enough to watch cup games let alone SG ball. As for Sifakula I liked what I saw of him. He looks to be more of an edge player so I hope we don't force players to play out of position just to fill a gap.
Yeah but Tanner’s 10x better defender, despite being a lot less effective in his carries.

It’s a trade-off Webster will have to work out.

Doubt it re Peni based on what we saw in SG ball. But he did do some first grade preseason stuff before that so the club clearly rates him. Who knows he may have been carrying injury throughout sg ball, it’s only a very short season

Good to keep him for next season, as someone said before, 2024 is key. 2025 onwards could potentially be rebuilds anyway.

I still think it will be hard to keep him the whole of the season. Unlikely to be fully committed to a club he doesn't want to be at anymore and like the team just buying time to find a suitable replacement
Agree, I think he'll be here only for a short time. This whole event is quite polarizing for our forum, I don't know what to think, on one hand we have the players rights and then the clubs rights and finally the fans rights!!!
1) I believe Adden has the right to go to go to another club if he so desires and
2) the club has the to protect their investment to a reasonable degree.
3) Everything is dependent on what Addens' values and morals are, should he honour his contract or break it?
4) Does it matter what his reason is for breaking his contract? his mum is unwell or his darling is wanting to move back to oz.
5) Do we as fans really want a player who is not fully committed? would anyone want that? no course not. so we're back to the crux, what do we do? what did we do when Maloney left us, when Chad left us, SJ left us. we just kept on going supporting our beloved club through thick and thin, never mind the circumstances. bring back Bruce!!!

On the JT discussion, can always ask for freight then plan to offload him after 1-2 years if he shows signs of starting to dip, Gus would take him, the Yankees of NRL 😂

Yeah but Tanner’s 10x better defender, despite being a lot less effective in his carries.

It’s a trade-off Webster will have to work out.

Doubt it re Peni based on what we saw in SG ball. But he did do some first grade preseason stuff before that so the club clearly rates him. Who knows he may have been carrying injury throughout sg ball, it’s only a very short season
Yeah! Tanner can hit too! He has awesome technique. He reminds me alot of Isaiah Papalii. Short & stocky, Hard to tackle and hits even harder.

I don’t think tanner has the speed for first grade yet

He may develop it, but right now he seems pretty far off imo
Yeah, I too think he is a long way from first grade. But i can see the potential and why the club has big wraps on him.