Bit of a weird one.

Lets not get carried away here, Egan did a capable fill in job at 6 but hardly enough to make me think he should get the gig above a promising player in a season that's already gone. Clearest sign Asi cant be in the reckoning next year but yeah, wouldve given Volkman another taste.

Aitken to centre is about 6 months too late, and our edge defence seemed to have been improving lately anyway.

A pretty toothless looking backrow tbh, dont mind Murchie so much he was starting to run good lines of S J before he sat out last weeks game, but Sironen and Pene?...just eww

Not your best one Stace.
Pene started at lock before once right?
Played like 20 mins then sat on the bench, Curren will probably come on and play the 60.
Maybe Shifting Siro or Harris to lock?

Curren has not been at his best since coming back from injury. Well below his start of the year form. 60 minutes might invigorate him, allowing him to maximise his output.

Being dropped to the bench might also provide some extra motivation. I see him as a player that needs to be continually pushed by the coach to get the most out of him.

The team selection and use of bench have convinced me that Stace and Team are not coaching material, there is just too much that they get wrong and seems like they dont have a plan to combat the opposition or have a feel for the game and know when to use their bench well. No consistency with anything, the whole lot changes each week. We want Webster to have a n assistant that can strategise and challenge his plans and give another perspective, I just dont think these guys can do that so they will have to go or get other roles.

The team selection and use of bench have convinced me that Stace and Team are not coaching material, there is just too much that they get wrong and seems like they dont have a plan to combat the opposition or have a feel for the game and know when to use their bench well. No consistency with anything, the whole lot changes each week. We want Webster to have a n assistant that can strategise and challenge his plans and give another perspective, I just dont think these guys can do that so they will have to go or get other roles.
I think their is a lot at play behind the scenes. Seeing what some players are made of, shopping some players, injury enforced changes, Webster wanting to see certain combinations, contractual obligations, etc.

I don’t think consistency and trying to get into the top 8 are goals at the moment.

The warriors waffle podcast breakdown of the Raiders game pretty heavily convinced me of this.

Reactions: Tragic
He did look good at six but doesn't mean he should play six the next week. Agree with earlier post we have volkman and asi so why take our best 9 out?

Volkman isn't named in any squad for the weekend so I assume he is injured or ill. Asi won't be here next year so why play him now?

I would agree with that asi sentiment if it was for another five eight, but Egan is our best player and in such a key position.

I agree, Egan is our hooker 99 times out of 100 but I think that this is the best time of any to find out about what guys can offer. Results to me at this stage of the season really don't matter, giving the new coach as much information about the squad he is walking into does. I'm definitely keen to see how Lussick goes starting.

I've been witness to enough mid-season tinkering over the past couple of seasons to say no worries, try Egan at Five-Eight or Montoya at Center or any other hunch, feeling, or premonition over these next five games. Whether it's coming from Stacey, Webster, Cappy, or CG. Get it out of the system.

At some stage, the penny will drop with this club that combinations are not unimportant when it comes to achieving results in a team sport.

I've been witness to enough mid-season tinkering over the past couple of seasons to say no worries, try Egan at Five-Eight or Montoya at Center or any other hunch, feeling, or premonition over these next five games. Whether it's coming from Stacey, Webster, Cappy, or CG. Get it out of the system.

At some stage, the penny will drop with this club that combinations are not unimportant when it comes to achieving results in a team sport.
Very much a right now or never experiment imo

Few odd selections.. but hey the seasons over.. I'm sure Stacey talks to Webster each week about who to name and where, obviously to prepare for next season. that way Webby knows what hes got and what he needs.. with Cappy on board should recruit well..
Anyway as far as this game goes not much else apart from what we've seen all year..

I agree, Egan is our hooker 99 times out of 100 but I think that this is the best time of any to find out about what guys can offer. Results to me at this stage of the season really don't matter, giving the new coach as much information about the squad he is walking into does. I'm definitely keen to see how Lussick goes starting.
I'm more keen to see how volkman goes, he could be a potential starting 7 in 2024?

Reactions: Defence
I am pro Egan again at 6. He has a maturity about his game, knows what he is about and although he doesn't have an obvious kicking game I like this experiment. He doesn't make errors either and defends well so well worth a try. Also, I am happy for Kosi because despite being raw you can tell he wants to be there. He also has power so a point of difference over most of the other wingers. fingers crossed he backs last weeks performance. Harris was awesome last week so I hope he can continue that into this weekend. I am not going to write the warriors off this weekend as I think it will be closer than most people are expecting.

I am pro Egan again at 6. He has a maturity about his game, knows what he is about and although he doesn't have an obvious kicking game I like this experiment. He doesn't make errors either and defends well so well worth a try. Also, I am happy for Kosi because despite being raw you can tell he wants to be there. He also has power so a point of difference over most of the other wingers. fingers crossed he backs last weeks performance. Harris was awesome last week so I hope he can continue that into this weekend. I am not going to write the warriors off this weekend as I think it will be closer than most people are expecting.
It was interesting that when Payten was here he said he was one of the very few that understood the game well and knew what option to take at the right time. Last week he also seemed to be able to up the tempo on that left hand side which made us look more dangerous