14 K.Nikorima B.Hamlin-Uele 14
15 B.Afoa A.Tolman 16
16 K.Evans A.Fifita 17
17 E.Katoa L.Metcalf 19
20 E.Kosi B.Magoulias 20

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
That’s what I think as well. But that would point to Sean O'Sullivan being ahead of Chanel Harris-Tavita in his development.

How impacted has Chanel Harris-Tavita’s career has been through injury!

Depends how highly you rate him I guess. For me limitations are limitations and while some areas (consistency for example) would be better with more games, I don't think he'd be a vastly different player overall.

Reactions: wizards rage

Motota

U20's Player
Mar 9, 2020
Depends how highly you rate him I guess. For me limitations are limitations and while some areas (consistency for example) would be better with more games, I don't think he'd be a vastly different player overall.
Personally i saw it as there chance to see how Chanel Harris-Tavita goes at 6, if he goes well with sean doing most of the kicking and setting up then expect to see Chanel Harris-Tavita partner Shaun Johnson next year, if not than we may be on the market for a 6. Personally i think what we see over the next few weeks will massivly impact how we shape up at the start of next year and who we target on recruiting.

Reactions: J_P

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
Pompey should be ahead of the new guy Vailea

Apart from that good team

I disagree with Beastmode about Aitken on the grounds this is a nothing match for us and a perfect opportunity to have a fiddle with funky ideas like Aitken in the 2nd row. If Aitken costs us the match winning try does it really matter? No it doesn't as we are both eliminated from the 8 already and also safe from the wooden spoon.
I think it is a fabulous idea to try this Aitken experiment at this stage of the season.
I liked the look of Vailea, apart from a few rookie errors which he is. Pompey’s useless at centre.

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Another week with the odds stacked in the oppositions favour. Despite this the heart says that the Warriors will get up in a close, low scoring affair.

- The Warriors have just won 1 of their last 9 games against the Sharks & that extends to 3 out of their last 16.
- The Warriors have only managed to score 20 or more points against the Sharks on 1 occasion in those last 16 encounters.
- When refereed by Matt Cecchin the Warriors have lost 7 out of their last 8 games. In the 5 Warriors vs Sharks games he’s refereed, the Sharks have won all 5.
- The Sharks have lost 4 straight games on a Saturday & 8 out of their last 9 on the day.
- When the teams played in Round 17 the Warriors made 133 more tackles than the Sharks but missed 7 less & had 9 fewer ineffective tackles.
- The Warriors have not managed to gain more running metres than their opposition in a match since Round 6.
- Chanel Harris-Tavita & Sean O’Sullivan will pair up in the halves for the first time on Saturday & will be the 9th different halves combination the Warriors have used in 2021.
- Addin Fonua-Blake has scored a total of 4 tries in his last 4 games vs the Sharks.
- Cronulla forwards Aidan Tolman & Toby Rudolf both ran for season high metres gained vs the Warriors in Round 17.

gubbbs

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2016
Shaun Johnson killed us last time and he's out. Hopefully Moylan doesn't come back. Will even things up a lot.

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
This is our big problem this season. We had what was regarded as an upgraded forward pack this year, so how has this happened?

Is it just through less possession?
A lack of possession has a huge part to play. Since we last beat our opposition in running metres in Rd 6 we've won the possession stakes twice (Storm in Rd 7 & Panthers) & tied the Tigers last weekend. Our lack of line speed must play a huge part too as middle forwards regularly set new season high running metres against us

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
A lack of possession has a huge part to play. Since we last beat our opposition in running metres in Rd 6 we've won the possession stakes twice (Storm in Rd 7 & Panthers) & tied the Tigers last weekend. Our lack of line speed must play a huge part too as middle forwards regular set new season high running metres against us
You we regularly get pinged for 6 agains for being up to fast…

Reactions: gubbbs

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
Don't think Pompey is useless, is just in form dip, that could be the halves inside him? We all know what he can do l, he just needs to fine a way to be more effective and get a bit more busy.
He was killing on the wing last year. his form has dipped since he’s been moved back to centre by brownie.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
the cripple from last weeks cripple fight is back for another round, but this time hes bought some shin guards, will they make a difference, will he put them on his shins, or is it more likely that he puts them in his pants, cause they just feel better.
the best part is no body knows.

im calling a score of either lose by 60, or win by 1

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings